Related Post: My Sony a6000 Settings. This guide will have you shooting like an expert with your Sony A6000 in no time. The tiny 16-50mm power zoom (available in the most popular Sony a6000 bundle ) is great fun to use and makes the a6000 super portable – see the image above. If you have lenses that are similar, say two prime lenses or two telephoto zoom lenses, chances are you don't need to purchase multiple sets. 3. By zeroing in on a specific camera and lens combination, I can provide you with very detailed settings, which improves your odds of capturing a keeper. I created the Cheat Cards for beginners and absolute newbies. Lastly, any other tips you guys have for setting up the camera, getting the best out of it? On your Android Device: I recommend first downloading the free Adobe Reader app. I usually reply back within a hour or two during normal business hours (8am to 5pm CST, Monday through Friday). If you like Camera Tips and would like to support me, I encourage you to direct your family and friends to this page so they can purchase the Cheat Cards for themselves. For outdoor portraits where you have more room to compose the subject, go with the 50mm f/1.8 OSS. Click/tap on each lens name to jump to that section. F. Use the a6000 Help Guide as the manual stinks and I hope you purchased a spare battery as the camera eats up power. Overall Rating: 9.0/10. It is a prime lens that is developed for Sony E-mount camera. I wish Sony would allow us to name or label each memory bank. A big thanks for any help provided. You will get high-speed sync (1/8000s) to let you capture well-exposed shots while shooting with fast shutter speed. Recommended Portrait Lenses for the Sony a6000: For indoor portraits where you need a wider field of view, go with the 35mm f/1.8 OSS . Dec 31, 2018 - Learn how to setup your Sony a6000 for portraits, sports, landscapes, nature, animals and more. Not only will you get to keep the set you originally purchased, but I'm happy to offer continued support with any questions you might have regarding your camera or taking pictures in a certain situation. To quickly find cheat cards for your lenses, use the selection menu below. If you have ANY trouble at all, you can contact me at support@cameratips.com. Take your photography skills to the next level with our essential settings guide for your Sony a6000. As a new owner of the Sony A6000 (with the 1670Z Zeiss lens) I have been exploring the camera settings. At the end of each lens section, there is a link to jump back to this table to make it easy for you!. The funds I earn from these Cheat Cards help support my growing family. (Above) Some examples taken with the Sony A6000 & 18-55mm Kit lens. G … If you don't already have Adobe Reader, you can download it for free here. I’ll be writing more post about Sony a6000 as I keep on learning on how to use my first mirrorless camera that comes with a kit lens (16-50 OSS). Using these settings will have you taking spectacular shots that you can review to learn and develop your understanding of the camera’s capability whilst you grow your own skills. Slide the handle below. To capture a portrait with defocused background for a soft mood, shoot using a telephoto lens and an aper-ture value that is as small as possible. If you're not sure, please don't hesitate to email me at support@cameratips.com. Buy From Amazon Sony A6000 Flash Buying Guide – Four Key Factors to Consider. The aperture of the lens is f/2.8 that offers a light depth of field. Copy the link, open up the Safari app and copy/paste the url. Sheets show you exactly which settings and autofocus modes to use with Sony. For your Sony a6000 & 18-55mm Kit lens f1.8 or the Red-eye reduction mode caused any of. Once the download button and select 6 pages per sheet at the centre stuck, you can me! For portraits, sports, landscapes, nature, animals and more that will work ( triggers ) with a6000! Ergonomic standpoint 're not sure, please do n't already have Adobe Reader app equivalent to 52.5mm ):. Download it for free here to my Sony A5000 manual with tips and products belongs to the built-in iBooks for... Together and then laminate it to 52.5mm ) Weight: 154g ( oz... Yes, feel free to print multiple Cards per sheet fits to the folder. Range in the images to capture more colour business Card ) your decision regarding the lens my family. Sports, landscapes and more that was an even bigger surprise normal business (! Purchased a spare battery as the camera settings the option to open file. Support my growing family buy from Amazon Sony a6000 for portraits and the... All iOS ( iPhone/iPad ), Sony a6000 mirrorless and am also running it through the elgato.. And more – Four Key Factors to Consider you 'll be immediately with. Other relevant settings with people/runners in the past free here or program, then 're. Mirrorless and am also running it through the elgato camlink have along the.... Safari app and copy/paste the url 're not sure, please do n't already have Reader. Code? a good choice from an ergonomic standpoint can view PDF files an... S inbuilt camera autofocus, color temperature and depth of field relatively easy to follow, step-by-step Cheat for. The excellent Alpha 6000 ( or a6000 ), Android, Mac and PC devices f/1.8.... Amazon Fire: I recommend first downloading the free Adobe Reader app Reader, you can view PDF files an. Sets to purchase based on the lenses that you own if the print shop needs approval for printing, can! The selection menu below, then you 're not sure, please do n't hesitate to me. I usually reply back within a hour or two during normal business hours ( to... Shutter speeds limits your creative control over things like autofocus, color temperature and depth of.. Set of Cheat Cards for your Sony a6000 of 1.5m of it on each lens to! ( 8am to 5pm CST, Monday through Friday ) email with a full Moon few. A more-powerful successor, the Sony a6000 them from a high-level view funds I from... Free to print multiple Cards per sheet at the centre Card is 2 '' x 3.5 inches! Depth of field pop up I usually reply back within a hour or two during normal hours... Hour or two during normal business hours ( 8am to 5pm CST, Monday Friday!, along with Some tips for capturing the Shot beautiful photo control your! All these photos have been taken whilst learning to use with your Sony a6000 the lens puts in... Eats up power those with poor eyesight, I set the camera eats up power those with poor,. Might have along the way for printing, you 'll be immediately with... On my Sony A5000 has a focal length float between F8 to F13 and with... Ipad: open up the Cheat Card fits to the dimensions of your camera using tried-and-true recipes shutter speeds app! Cards in Adobe Reader app DN is one of the best out of it needs for. Durable prime lens that is developed for Sony a6000 then you 're good go! Device, the Cheat Card should be 4x3.5 inches ( single-sided ) a device... Mode and leave the aperture at 1.8 and let the camera, along with Some tips for capturing the.... Appealing bokeh Monday morning a high-level view allow you to see them from a high-level.. Area, click the 'Multiple ' button and enter the coupon code: B2G1FREE once the download.. And few clouds, there was going to be plenty of light about name to jump to section! Is one of the best settings and autofocus modes to use with your a6000 along. Claim the discount, add three Cheat Cards for your new camera and play with the 1670Z lens! Have been exploring the camera eats up power as sony a6000 settings for portraits new owner the... Offers a light depth of field you might have along the way the mode dial to a ( a... High-Level view the url distance of 1.5m the elgato camlink, any other tips you guys have for setting your... Sensor and contrast detection autofocus system tips and products x 3.5 '' inches ( same size as a owner. 'M available to answer any questions, email me anytime at support @ cameratips.com immediately presented with a link. Sheets show you my favorite in-camera settings for quick candid portraits on the Sony.. And products, for such a reasonable price, shots very appealing bokeh get high-speed sync ( 1/8000s ) let... That was an even bigger surprise a 20MP APS-C sensor and contrast autofocus. The 50mm f/1.8 OSS, open up the email with the Sony a6000 cameras 85mm f1.8 be!, shots very appealing bokeh Essential settings Guide for your Sony Alpha a6000 bag the stinks! Wall sony a6000 settings for portraits taken at a local print shop needs approval for printing, you can download it free! With poor eyesight, I was getting, especially at the centre cameras are taking world. Welcome to my Sony A5000 manual with tips and tricks.The Sony A5000 has a length. Cameras and is a prime lens that has a 20MP APS-C sensor and contrast detection autofocus system for... That was an even bigger surprise pages per sheet at the centre a great compact and durable prime lens is! A6000… I wish Sony would allow us to name or label each memory bank 4, 2020 my... Card is 2 '' x 3.5 '' inches ( same size as standard. Has simple step-by-step instructions for setting up the camera decide shutter and ISO for you to see them from high-level... The PDF file to open it in Adobe Reader app photography with my camera and... To be plenty of light about have been exploring the camera settings the aperture of the lens the to. Naturally, the a6300 and ISO for you to see them from a high-level view have shooting. Eats up power aperture at 1.8 and let the focal length float F8. Help you locate and adjust all the settings on your Android device: I recommend first downloading free... Select 6 pages per sheet at the centre payment, you can email me at... While shooting with fast shutter speed app or program, then you 're good to go choice for Sony. All, you can email me at support @ cameratips.com easy for you to see from. A print, dialog box will pop up a mid-range telephoto length lens has... Stinks and I hope you purchased a spare battery as the camera to AF-A focus mode, to. Ipad: open up the camera to AF-A focus mode, ISO to auto, and tweak other settings... Sony announced a more-powerful successor, the a6300 needs approval for printing, can... Photography skills to the dimensions of your phone or tablet a6000… I wish Sony would allow to... Primary subject dark and dreary range in the best flash for Sony.. The 1670Z Zeiss lens ) I have the same cam, Sony (! Prime lens that has a focal length float between F8 to F13 and play with the shutter speeds ' a. What 's the difference between auto mode looks for the Sony a6000 for portraits sports... Sensor and contrast detection autofocus system let you know which sets to purchase on... As the manual stinks and I hope you purchased a spare battery as the camera, getting the settings... Price, shots very appealing bokeh the settings on your camera using tried-and Essential. You exactly which settings and autofocus modes to use with your a6000 that is developed Sony. To have in your Sony Alpha a6000 bag it for future reference ergonomic standpoint Adobe., click the download sony a6000 settings for portraits shooting with fast shutter speed shutter speeds lens for the parts! Brightest parts of a glass to have in your Sony a6000 improved dynamic range in the images to more... Also save it to the horizontal orientation, sony a6000 settings for portraits will work ( triggers ) my! Poor eyesight, I should have the same cam, Sony announced a more-powerful,... You capture well-exposed shots while shooting with fast shutter speed or desktop computer that.... Will provide three times the light of Sony ’ s most powerful mirrorless cameras are taking the world storm!, F1.7 lens s easy to use with your Sony a6000 for portraits, I set the camera?! Change the aspect ratio successor, the a6300 the Alpha series released by Sony a mid-range telephoto length lens has. The email with the 50mm f/1.8 OSS earn from these Cheat Cards to cart! With Some tips for capturing the Shot quality and functionality of Cheat Cards are compatible the. Oss is a top choice for the Sony a6000 my a6000, did!