Instead of using butter to grease the pan, I used nonstick spray and it came out perfect. Fold berry mixture into batter. Baking, Blueberry Pound Cake, Brunch, Comfort Food, Desserts, Summer. Login | Register, "This is the best blueberry pound cake recipe ever. Contact Us Get the latest buzz on simple blueberry recipes, healthy living tips and more on the Blueberry Blog. Step 3. Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Optional: This is the name that will appear alongside any reviews you create on the site. After all 4 eggs are in, scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the vanilla extract, and beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. © 2020 U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council. Heat oven to 325ºF. Keyword Index I even got a few Texans to like them! Add mom’s favorite beverage, a sweet napkin and treasured handmade card from the kiddos and you’ll have one happy mama this Mother’s Day.". See more Some of the blueberries in the very bottom stuck even though my pan was VERY well greased. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Even though it is called blueberry pound cake it still has a light texture. Pour into prepared pan. This website contains links to third party sites that are not maintained by the USHBC. Place pan in refrigerator. This pound cake with blueberries is a moist cake. The only way that I know how to this other than by hand (with the special old school grater) is to put them through a meat grinder on a fine setting. Mix together 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. I used fresh frozen blueberries straight from the freezer, no thawing necessary. Overnight Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole, Spicy Chipotle Chicken Pasta – Cheesecake Factory Copycat, 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook, 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook, 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook, Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes, Frugal Recipes: 26 Ground Beef Recipes eCookbook. Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site. I had picked fresh blueberries this weekend and was looking for another way to cook them other than muffins or in pancakes. Subscribe I'll make it again and again and again. By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, Baking Powder Adds Dual Leavening Power to Batters and Doughs, Easy Fresh Blueberry Cake With a Cake Mix, 33 Delicious Recipes Using Fresh or Frozen Blueberries, 28 Easy Cake Recipes That Anyone Can Bake, Coffee Cake With Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Streusel Topping. Cream the remaining butter and sugar together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 5 minutes. Global blueberry production has grown significantly over the past decade, with all contributing markets, from North America to Asia, experiencing their own level of growth. After all, it contains eggs, dairy, flour, and fruit, not to mention a crisp, sugary crust. We enjoyed it with custard for our evening dessert. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Add and mix in the vanilla. I am very particular about the recipies that I choose but this one stuck out as being something different and easy to conjure up. Terms of Service Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until probe thermometer comes out clean and registers 210 degrees F. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before depanning and cooling completely. In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Dredge blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup flour, then fold into batter. Browse our library of blueberry recipes for ways to energize your everyday meals. Global Production In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. © Copyright 2020 Prime Publishing, LLC. I will make one change next time: Before adding the blueberries, I will spoon some of the "plain" batter into the bottom of the pan. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Turn out and cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Spread the blueberry batter into a greased (or sprayed with baking spray) baking dish. Sprinkle pan with 1/4 cup sugar. It’s a staple on my brunch table and for breakfast entertaining. Set aside. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Info. The buttery pound cake is studded with juicy blueberries, perfect for a breakfast treat, afternoon snack, or delicious dessert. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Blueberries add a burst of flavor and fun to breakfasts, desserts, entrees, snacks for kids and more. Blend well and drizzle over the cooled cake. EVERY TIME, it turns out moist and delicious. I can't recall how long it baked on that temp but I think it was around 40-50 minutes. 948.8 g Grease a 9-x-5-inch loaf pan; set aside. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour, one-cup at a time, beating well after each cup. It’s so easy to make that even little ones can make it (with some supervision) so that makes it the perfect treat for a Mother’s Day breakfast. Heavily coat a tube bunt pan with 1 tablespoon (13 grams) of butter and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons (45 grams) sugar. This is the best blueberry pound cake recipe ever. These types of techniques will leaven the Add the sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat until well blended. Breakfast cakes are some of the best cakes, and this moist, rich blueberry pound cake is a prime example. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The cake can be baked in a tube cake pan or Bundt pan. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon extract.