We stayed at The Hideout for free one night as guests of Visit Brownwood. The two establishments, Underwood’s Cafeteria and Teddy’s Brewhaus, each face unique challenges at the moment, but have risen to them to provide care and comfort for their community of nearly 20,000 located about 70 miles southeast of Abilene. I was so excited to finally explore this cute town that I have heard so much about. in a town called Brownwood. She was a member of Victory Life Church. He worked with cattle most of his life, but his work around the house with his family is what he was passionate about. Pedro Ibarra, 69, of Brownwood, passed away on November 5, 2020. My Texas small town tour continues (so many small Texas towns to explore!) Online condolences for the family are welcome at www.blaylockfuneralhome.com. You can see my full Brownwood story here. This resort is perfect for someone looking for a golf retreat in the Texas Hill Country or a family wanting to spend time together. Take a few minutes to see what all the fuss is about at this fine establishment that’s been around since 1946. He loved to cook out, garden along side his wife, play with the grandkids and being with family and friends. http://www.BrownwoodNews.com Community Guidelines: 1. Memorials can be made to The Ark Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Shelter (2900 Coggin Ave Suite A, Brownwood, Texas 76801). After spending a few days exploring the charming city of Brownwood, Texas I’ve put together a list of what to see, do and eat around the city. 1,604 talking about this. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko, Memorials can be made to The Ark Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Shelter (2900 Coggin Ave Suite A, Brownwood, Texas 76801). Before I got pregnant with Bryce, we traveled often. Funeral Mass will be held at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Brownwood at 10:00 AM, Tuesday, November 10, 2020. News Sports Entertainment Lifestyle Opinion Nation / World Obituaries E-Edition Legals. SUBSCRIBE NOW. The Lady Lions shot 37 percent (22 of 59) from the floor, including 26 percent (5 of 19) from three-point land. Or maybe he never stopped trying to perfect it—just as he made adjustments to the barbecue sauce in the opaque squeeze bottle and the hot sauce disguised as ketchup that sits next to it on the table. Arrangements are under the direction of Heartland Funeral Home. SUBSCRIBE NOW. US Newspapers US Newspapers by State US Front Pages US Top 10 US Top 100. Situated in the Texas hill country, with plenty of beautiful scenery and wide open spaces. He met his beloved wife, Victoria and began a family that blessed them with 4 children and many grandchildren. Easy access to obituaries, local news, front pages and more. Texas seems to have endless small towns with plenty of charm and I recently visited one of these towns. Diane Allen, age 81, of Coleman, died Saturday, November 21, 2020 at her residence. No selling please. My son and I recently took a 2 hour road trip to explore Brownwood, Texas. I can’t tell you how many random trips we would take throughout the year. News Headlines. That’s how we roll in 2020. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; ) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36, Private Family Services for Geneva will be held at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Blaylock Funeral Home of Brownwood. Texas seems to have endless small towns with plenty of charm and I recently visited one of these towns. Maybe he picked it up there, I told her. We welcome discussion about the news in our area, but we do ask that comments be respectful and family-friendly. Donna married Ollie Hair on April 16, 1981, in Coleman, they had 3 children: Trent, Michael, and Michelle. The amount of hidden gems in small towns around Texas is astonishing. Brownwood, Texas — a small town two and a half hours Northwest of Austin that is full of hidden gems, incredible people, and tons of delicious eats. Online News Source for Brownwood Texas. Pedro is survived by his beloved wife, Victoria Ibarra of Brownwood; son, Frank Ibarra of Brownwood; daughters, Claudia Ibarra of Brownwood and Andrea Ibarra Ojeda of Eastland; 17 grandchildren; 1 great grandchild and several nieces, nephews and many friends. Subscribe . A graveside funeral service for Ken Holubec, age 71, of Chandler, formerly of … DATES TO REMEMBER October 25 – Brown County 4-H Food Show 2:00pm at the Extension Office 25 … Brownwood, TX 76801 Donna is survived by her husband of 39 years, Ollie Hair of Brownwood; 2 sons, Trent Hair and Michael Hair both of Brownwood; daughter, Michelle Hair of Houston; 2 grandchildren, Lucas Shannon and Devin Winters; 3 great-grandchildren, Ethan, Andre, and Serenity Winters; and 1 brother, Jerry Day and wife Ronda of CA. “And, you know, they eat a meal on the back of their pickup truck out front,” Paul says with a chuckle. Brownwood is a place to explore and pass some time milling about the stores and enjoying the deliciously busy restaurant scene. Funeral Mass will be held at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Brownwood … Just take it from many of their loyal customers. We visited Brownwood, TX as guests of Visit Brownwood for a media tour. Arrangements are under the direction of Blaylock Funeral Home of Brownwood. Private Family Services for Geneva will be held at a later date. 2. http://www.BrownwoodNews.com He will always be remembered as one of the greatest men ever. Olga Lucia “Lucy” Daniel, age 60, of Brownwood passed away Saturday, November 21, 2020. But instead of queueing to dine in, customers pick up or drive through to get their fix. Brown County 4-H news and updates. Pedro was a devoted Catholic and loved the Lord with all his heart. Arrangements are under the direction of Blaylock Funeral Home of Brownwood. Brownwood—When driving through the little big town of Brownwood, it’s hard to miss the old cowboy calling people to the table at Underwood’s. She is also survived by 1 niece, 1 nephew, other relatives and friends. Brownwood also converted 64 percent (9 of 14) of its free throws. Quinn and I would book flights and trips on a whim then just explore everything we could. The family will hold a Candlelight Vigil for Donna on Thursday, November 5, 2020, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Coggin Ave Park. We loved how close it was to the city and all of the things to do, while also feeling like a retreat with everything we needed on property and views of the golf club from our window. Private services for Lucy will be held at a later date. Buy and Sell Group It may be a small town, but it has a plethora of dining options and entertainment for all. The year I got pregnant was the big year of Zika and my OB suggested I didn’t travel to many of the places we had planned that year so our travels were put to a halt. Brownwood was honestly so fun to adventure in and surprised me with its quirkiness, charm, and photographable spots. Its pleasant downtown area, in the midst of revitalization, with a welcoming atmosphere, is as vibrant for its shopping as its dining. Donna was a schoolteacher for a number of years in the different schools in Brown County and Coleman. Donna Hair, age 65, of Brownwood passed away Saturday, October 31, 2020, at home surrounded by her loved ones. 1,547 talking about this. Online News Source for Brownwood Texas. Lucy was born June 14, 1960 in Sabinas Coahuila Mexico. If you do, you’ll be happy you heard the imaginary ringing of that bell! She was preceded in death by her parents, Eugene and Hazel Day; sister, Regena Jones; and 1 brother, Dennis Day. Geneva Johnson, age 74, of Brownwood passed away Thursday, November 19, 2020, Fort Worth. 99¢ for the first month. Online News Source for Brownwood Texas. Online condolences for the family are welcome at, Northwest Elementary class learns about voting with snack-idential election. Online condolences can be shared with the family at www.heartlandfuneralhome.net, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; ) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36, 16 positive COVID results Friday, 154 active cases, Cisco routs San Saba, 48-6, for district title. He must be so happy and rejoicing now that he is with his parents, daughter, brothers and sisters. All opinions are my own. The family will hold a Candlelight Vigil for Donna on Thursday, November 5, 2020, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Coggin Ave Park. Geneva Johnson, age 74, of Brownwood passed away Thursday, November 19, 2020, Fort Worth. He enjoyed traveling to Mexico with his family to visit family that lives there. 1,758 talking about this. http://www.BrownwoodNews.com Arrangements are under the direction of Blaylock Funeral Home of Brownwood. Pedro Ibarra, 69, of Brownwood, passed away on November 5, 2020. 2,030 talking about this. I got to bring my best friend along and also got to spend some time with friends of mine that are locals, which was a huge blessing. Pedro worked hard all his life until his heart caused him to slow down. From restaurants to outdoor activities to where to stay, I’ve got lots of info that will help you plan your trip to Brownwood!