That’s the situation I found myself in a few days ago. Have a great weekend everyone, and if you have tomatoes that need to be used up, give this spaghetti sauce a try! Cook until onions turn translucent and vegetables start to soften, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Can't go wrong here. Stir occasionally to prevent any sticking to the bottom of the pan.Remove from heat.Use sauce immediately or allow to cool completely before transferring sauce to freezer safe containers. (Frozen), Johnsonville, Homestyle Meatballs, 24 oz (Frozen), Johnsonville, Vermont Maple Syrup Breakfast Sausage Links, 12 oz (Frozen), Sargento, Sliced Medium Cheddar Natural Cheese, 8 oz. I wrote them about it and they sent me two coupons to buy more....I DON"T think so. This looks great! Just to get more money from us, Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2018. Please try again later. Cook, uncovered, for 2-1/2 hours or until sauce reaches desired thickness. Always wondered how much garlic powder it would take for a good garlic flavor. Nutrition Information: oh this looks so good and fresh, thanks fro sharing! Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. September 14, 2012 By Jessica@A Kitchen Addiction. I used fresh basil and garlic though. 1 teaspoon dried thyme Amount is based on available nutrient data. And Amazon will not give your bucks back for returning this product. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Reviewed in the United States on March 3, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on July 3, 2013, I WAS A LITTLE DISSAPPOINTED WHEN I RECIEVED IT AS IT HAD LEAKED ALL OVER IT WASNT TAPED AND ALOT OF THE SAUCE CAME OUT OF THE JAR, So so sad! 1 teaspoon dried basil Big fan of hearty spaghetti sauce myself . Thanks Soulfood for your recipe. Although we plant a medium-size garden each year, we grow lots of tomatoes. Yield: 18 Worst product. Slow-Cooker Short Rib Ragu over Pappardelle, 11 Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. OXO Good Grips Nylon Spoon Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Diced Tomatoes in Puree [Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Calcium Chloride (Firming Aid), Citric Acid], Onions, Sugar, Soybean Oil, Celery, Green Bell Peppers, Carrots, Zucchini, Salt, Spices, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavor. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Maybe if it were tomato paste instead of tomato sauce or stewed tomatoes instead of diced it would've been more chunky or if the recipe called for fresh chopped veggies such as onion zucchini mushroom or dare I suggest tomatoes it would've been more chunky... either way this wasn't a chunky sauce BUT it was simple to make and it tasted pretty good - ate ours w/ meatballs over spaghetti but if I made it again it'd be drastically different and would no longer be this particular recipe. Um, YUM! Me too! This is a great way to use up spare veggies lying around! 1 Cup green pepper, coarsely chopped Add tomatoes and spices. P.S. Add in the onion, garlic, carrots, green pepper, and summer squash. Instructions it thickened perfectly. So so sad! , {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Chunky Garden Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"A Kitchen Addiction"},"datePublished":"2020-07-27","recipeYield":9,"image":["https:\/\/www.a-kitchen-addiction.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2012\/09\/garden+veg+spag+sauce+w+words1-720x720.jpg","https:\/\/www.a-kitchen-addiction.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2012\/09\/garden+veg+spag+sauce+w+words1-720x540.jpg","https:\/\/www.a-kitchen-addiction.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2012\/09\/garden+veg+spag+sauce+w+words1-720x405.jpg","https:\/\/www.a-kitchen-addiction.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2012\/09\/garden+veg+spag+sauce+w+words1-735x1219.jpg"],"recipeCategory":"Condiments","prepTime":"PT0S","cookTime":"PT0S","totalTime":"PT0S","recipeIngredient":["1\/4 Cup olive oil","1 Cup onion, coarsely chopped","6 garlic cloves, minced","1 Cup carrots, coarsely chopped","1 Cup green pepper, coarsely chopped","1 Cup yellow summer squash, finely sliced and quartered","10 Cups tomatoes, washed and cut into chunks","1 Tablespoon salt","1 1\/2 teaspoons black pepper","2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes","1 teaspoon dried oregano","1 teaspoon dried basil","1 teaspoon dried thyme"],"recipeInstructions":[{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In a large saucepan or medium stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat for two minutes. Added 1 tblspn of onion powder dash of red pepper and a splash of Worchester sauce. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Congrats! This looks amazing. Fresh Groceries at great prices from all your favorite stores - in as fast as 1 hour! It gives extra flavorful and chunky. I just love all the chunks of veggies! Info. Yield: I also added 1 can of sliced mushrooms. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, … Added onion powder cause why not? the sauce was delivered as expected and what i ordered.. it tastes nice .. lhas little chunks of tomato which give nice texture to the sauce.. this is authentic italian style bland taste sauce .. who are looking for tangy style dont go for it.. anne. Sorry! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. What a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Looks like a great way to incorporate fresh vegetables from the garden or farmer’s market! It wasn't chunky... just thick rich & delicious. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often. In a large saucepan or medium stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat for two minutes. . Stir occasionally to prevent any sticking to the bottom of the pan. Ingredients: Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Diced Tomatoes In Puree (Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Calcium Chloride, Citric … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Very rich and delicious. Keep a container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks if you want to use the sauce shortly. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Brimming with hearty vegetables, diced tomatoes and spices, our Chunky … I will have to try. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Wow this looks yummy! America's #1 pasta sauce brand. This is delicious to simmer meatballs in - add cooked meatballs in during the last 15 minutes of simmering. Amount Per Serving: 23.9 oz. Increase temperature to medium-high. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. 1 Cup carrots, coarsely chopped ","position":4,"name":"Use sauce immediately or allow to cool completely...","url":"https:\/\/www.a-kitchen-addiction.com\/chunky-garden-vegetable-spaghetti-sauce-3\/#mv_create_316_4"}],"nutrition":{"@type":"NutritionInformation","calories":"58 calories","carbohydrateContent":"7 grams carbohydrates","cholesterolContent":"0 milligrams cholesterol","fatContent":"3 grams fat","fiberContent":"2 grams fiber","proteinContent":"1 grams protein","saturatedFatContent":"0 grams saturated fat","servingSize":"1","sodiumContent":"363 grams sodium","sugarContent":"4 grams sugar","transFatContent":"0 grams trans fat","unsaturatedFatContent":"3 grams unsaturated fat"},"aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":"4.5","reviewCount":18},"url":"https:\/\/www.a-kitchen-addiction.com\/chunky-garden-vegetable-spaghetti-sauce-3\/"} Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Ragu® Chunky Garden Combination Sauce.America's #1 pasta sauce brand.Extra flavorful and chunky!Trusted since 1937.90 calories per 1/2 cup. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Combine diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic powder, sugar, parsley, salt, oregano, basil, and pepper in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low, cover saucepan, and simmer until flavors blend, about 30 minutes. Stir to combine.