In fact, it contains minerals like manganese, zinc, and iron. As wholemeal flour is milled using the whole wheat, it retains its vital nutrients and fibre. Sift the coconut flour, baking soda & salt in a bowl. November 12, 2020 Last Modified: November 23, 2020 by Regina | Leelalicious Leave a Comment. This way they will freeze quicker and stay fresher for longer. https://www.powerhungry.com/2015/03/coconut-flour-blueberry-muffins Perfect for an afternoon energy boost! In a bowl whisk together coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. That being said, if you are following a strict sugar-free diet, unfortunately, this recipe may not be for you. Which Fruits Have The Lowest Glycemic Load.

They are a good source of vitamin C, but furthermore, they have a good reputation when it comes to improving blood pressure. You can also stay up to date with new posts and healthy REAL FOOD recipes by subscribing to The Real Food Geek mailing list below. It’s a great source of healthy fat, fibre and minerals. My son has type 1.. so an added sugar of any kind isn’t what I’m looking for! You may like to try my Creamy Porridge Custard with Strawberry Rhubarb Coulis (and just omit the natural sweeteners altogether). They are also gluten-free, making them a perfect treat to make for anyone! Heck, even some you may bake at home if the recipe calls for processed ingredients. Well, I’ve got a treat for you! Grease a 6 hole muffin tin with a little coconut oil. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. If so, how much would I use? This book shows you how to heal your adrenal fatigue for good. Scoop the batter into the muffin tin. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. So good. For more information, see our privacy policy. Can I use frozen Blueberries instead of Fresh Blueberries? Or, enjoy warm – my very favourite way to eat them! Glad you like them! These start working almost immediately, so it is ideal to get your muffins in the oven shortly after mixing your muffin batter. Meanwhile, the zest infuses the batter with the fragrance of fresh lemon. So yummy! Step 8: Once baked, remove your healthy muffins from the oven.

In addition to the marvellous coconut flavour and texture these ingredients bring to Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins, coconut is highly nutritious. You know they're cooked to perfection when you poke them with a skewer, and it comes out clean. I should know – I’ve tried. Required fields are marked *, "You don’t know how much I appreciate your new book, The Adrenal Fatigue Solution. Yes! To decorate, and for extra coconut goodness, sprinkle shredded coconut over the top of each muffin and then bake for 18-20 minutes.

I’m absolutely thrilled that you and your mum enjoyed them. This made it an easy decision to use wholemeal flour as the base for these Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins because we want all those nutrients. These coconut flour muffins are great because you can switch out some of the ingredients for others if you don’t have certain ones on hand.

There’s a great combination of feel-good real food ingredients in this recipe, including wholemeal flour, a dose of healthy fats from the coconut and the antioxidant superpowers of blueberries. Filed Under: Breakfast, Clean Eating, Desserts, Gluten Free, Healthy, Muffins Tagged With: blueberry, coconut flour, muffins. I love you for your help. These Paleo blueberry muffins are the healthy, low-carb gluten free breakfast solution you’ve been looking for. However, make sure to use a fine or pastry wholemeal flour and not a strong wholemeal flour because it has a more subtle taste. Your email address will not be published. The smell of the muffins baking was so enticing. That being said, I still think whole grains need more flavour added to them to avoid a bread-y tasting muffin.

Thanks to the fantastic versatility of coconut this has been achieved by using a combination of desiccated coconut as the dry ingredient, coconut milk as the wet ingredient, coconut oil as the fat, and coconut sugar as the sweetener. You know those tasty blueberry muffins that you see in your local coffee shop?

Fibre stays in the stomach for longer than most other foods, and therefore it will help to keep you fuller for longer. Next, you stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. They will last longer in the fridge. Step 6: Scoop the batter into a 12 hole muffin tray, being generous when filling! Coconut flour is also much more widely available these days through either grocery stores, bulk food stores, or online shops. Fibre stays in the stomach for longer than most other foods, and therefore it will help to keep you fuller for longer. Step 2: Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.