This app turns your name to Old Persian Cuneiform script. Doing the translation depends on the dialect of Latin. This frame should have the same color as the background of your image (we are generally using a black background to accommodate CDLI’s archival files, but it is of course your choice). This is very interesting to me, but until we have widely-available computers that can understand the subtle nuances of tone, inflection, humor and colloquialisms, the computer translation will never best, or even come close to a careful academic translation, or a translation done by a human fluent in both languages, if not academically trained in both languages. If someone decides to focus on one subject, he/she should become a master of that subject. I do not see that what the problem is. Machine translation sucks. Babylonian Cuneiform Translator is here. That’s then anyway. Check it out in the appstore. This is far more sophisticated than "your name in hieroglyphics" tricks. Well, the destruction of antiquities after the American invasion was a crime against humanity -- not just a crime against one people, but against all peoples. Copyright © 2020 SlashdotMedia. If you enter single words, you may get a reasonable translation back, though in several cases what I got is not what I would consider the usual word or spelling. Well... got dingir for "god" but that's about it. Try typing "I have seen you" you'll get "[I] [have] [see]n [you]" it simply cuts of the "n" of seen and leaves it there because it can only find uninflected forms. Studying the language is now not the only priority; the other priority is studying the actual subject. No new comments can be posted. Our translator translates English alphabets into Babylonian Cuneiform letters. A professional translator is one who serves as one who helps bridge groups together despite different languages and cultural backgrounds. "The city is in joy" (all over the place in Gardiner, 3rd ed) (result not too bad on this one). Re:You Idiotic American Bible-Belt Pussy! By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. 6) Longer Description is required and should be from 100-400 words (UTF-8 and html supported). Expert cdli tablet editors should go to here and log in to access all entries prepared for the app, to edit their own entries, and to enter new files. Apart of that, one can store the text locally (not primarily). The script on the site tells me that terribly outdated sources were used. إِسْفِينِيّ ; مِسْمارِيّ, Copyright © 2014-2017 Babylon Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved to Babylon Translation Software, English to English translation of Cuneiform, English to Greek translation of Cuneiform, English to Chinese (s) translation of Cuneiform, English to Chinese (t) translation of Cuneiform, English to Arabic translation of Cuneiform, English to Spanish translation of Cuneiform, English to Russian translation of Cuneiform, English to Dutch translation of Cuneiform, English to Portuguese translation of Cuneiform, English to Turkish translation of Cuneiform, English to Italian translation of Cuneiform, English to French translation of Cuneiform, English to German translation of Cuneiform, English to Japanese translation of Cuneiform, English to Hebrew translation of Cuneiform, English to Korean translation of Cuneiform, English to Swedish translation of Cuneiform, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia, Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), English to Federation-Standard Golic Vulcan, English to Esperanto translation of Cuneiform, English to Czech translation of Cuneiform, English to Indonesian translation of Cuneiform, English Spanish Dictionary (Granada University, Spain), 7.7, English to Vietnamese translation of Cuneiform, English to Romanian translation of Cuneiform, English French Dictionary (Kelkouli Rédha), English to Bulgarian translation of Cuneiform, Salaty English Persian Dictionary (Text ), English to Persian translation of Cuneiform, Salaty English Persian Dictionary (Graphics), English Persian Dictionary (Hojjat Rabiee), Farajbeik English Persian Dictionary (v.2), Farajbeik English Persian Dictionary (v.1), English to Hungarian translation of Cuneiform, English to Albanian translation of Cuneiform, Cuneiform script, an ancient writing system originating in Mesopotamia in the 4th millennium BC, Cuneiform (anatomy), three bones in the human foot, CuneiForm (software), an optical character recognition tool. Practicing and constantly learning the languages are both major keys. Comments owned by the poster. There's no any best app as such but off course I can suggest you a website for English to sanskrit translation — ‘ Sanskrit dictionary for spoken Sanskrit’ . Cuneiform PAD / Keilschrift PAD / لوحة الكتابة المسمارية Note that themes are separated in the thumbnail page of app using different colored frames. Learn more in the Cambridge English-Chinese simplified Dictionary. It is four times more accurate than a simple english language transduction, and the results are free to download. The more fluent, the better. In the Spanish language, a word may take on one meaning in Mexico, and entirely another in Spain.