Hi, I’m Ashley! on Amazon, $14.99 It will work fine, but I would reduce the salt called for in the recipe to just 1/2 teaspoon. Just make sure it's either covered really well or in an airtight container. 3 Whisk dry ingredients: Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, stirring as you go, beginning and ending with the flour.

nicole, Credit: I could bake it for a shorter time, but I feel there are much tastier recipes out there. Add lemon zest and lemon juice, and mix until combined, about 30 seconds.*. Step 2: Cream together butter, shortening and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Don’t worry, it’s perfectly natural. Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Instagram | Twitter. Step 2: Cream together butter, shortening and sugar in the bowl of a … And then, of course, there had to be a puckery-sweet glaze to put everything over the lemon-lovin’ top, which was as simple as stirring more fresh lemon … 'Aunt Bee' has been married to the love of her life for 15 years! I mean, I knew my lemon-loving son would love it (and he did).
Hi, Norine — In addition to Sara’s suggestion, you can use half bread flour and half AP flour or even all AP. Your email address will not be published. While you can use bottle lemon juice in a pinch, we highly recommend using fresh lemon juice for the best texture and flavor. I know you guys are going to LOVE this pound cake recipe just as much as my family did! As always, all opinions are my own. I immediately asked her for the recipe and was shocked at how easy it was! It creates a very moist lemon pound cake with a slightly crunchy, very flavorful crust on top of the cake. Spoon glaze over the cooled pound cake and serve. This Easy Lemon Pound Cake is scrumptious, soft and moist with a golden exterior and a tangy lemon glaze. We absolutely fell in love with Nana’s Easy Lemon Pound Cake! The protein in the eggs and the flour create the structure for the loaf and combat the weight of sugar and butter. So I cheated and added another 1/4 tsp. Once cake has completely cooled, mix confectioners sugar with a little bit of milk or lemon juice. As a substitute, I used a cup of milk and tablespoon of lemon juice. There's no need to refrigerate it, but if you want it to last longer, you can.

Don’t feel like you have to stop at Easter, though. I can’t imagine how dry it might have been without the syrup. Please try again later.

But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pound cake freezes so well, too. Luckily, today’s recipe is beyond good… it’s downright delicious. So happy to hear that you enjoyed. Another person also said that it came out dry. This lemon pound cake is everything a lemon lover desires—a tart, lemon pucker punch with just enough sweetness to soften the blow! Before you get started mixing up this easy lemon pound cake, beat the cream cheese separately and set aside. Everyone who tried it, simply could not get enough. You can use traditional lemons or Meyer lemons for this recipe. When you hold a lemon in your hand, it should feel heavy. Here, fresh blueberries are stirred into the rich, lemony batter before baking to golden perfection. Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. 2 Prep the pan: Butter the bottom of a loaf pan. The sweet and tart lemon glaze adds an extra dose of lemon flavor without over doing it.

Thaw on the counter, and frost just before serving. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Stop occasionally to scrape down the bowl. Some people swear by a no-stick baking spray that contains flour, but I think the safest way to ensure that your pound cake will release from the pan is to. Buttermilk is acidic, and actually tenderizes cakes, but also adds lots of flavor. I do have an old hand mixer so I’ll try that. This turned out delicious! Hi Deon, we’re so delighted you liked this! This should take about 5 minutes. Thanks for the best lemon pound cake recipe I have ever made! As long as you don't put any in my coffee...... laughing/crying ;-). abapplez, Credit: The texture was not as dense as a traditional pound cake but on the cakey side which I love even more. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl using a hand mixer), cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. She was more than happy to share her recipe for the blog! The butter will also whip together with the sugar more easily. Norie. Can I substitute with a combination of VWG and all-purpose flour? Print . This dessert is light, moist, and full of so much lemon flavor, which makes it my go-to bundt cake recipe when I need something quick and delicious.. Soo good! So, by popular demand, this lemon pound cake will definitely be on my Easter menu! This cake came out dry, and too lemony.

Hi, this looks delicious but I don’t have a stand mixer. Looks so moist and perfect. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. confectioner's sugar & milk (or lemon juice) Instructions. If you don’t have a kitchen scale and prefer to measure flour by volume, that’s cool. I followed the recipe exactly, cooked it ten minutes less than the recipe called for, and it still came out really dry. I'm the girl, Kim, behind Kim's Cravings.
Summer Miller is the Senior Editor for Simply Recipes based in Nebraska. This may cause the cake to become too dense and have a tough texture. Quickly move on to the next step and the cake will turn out beautifully. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, and finish folding the ingredients together. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thanks for reporting back! We had an absolute ball and my sister-in-law did such an awesome job with the party! All the cool kids are doing it. Doesn’t get any more simple than this. Plugrá is slow churned with real milk from American dairy farms which makes it so extra creamy. Let us know how it turns out! The perfect lemon-y Springtime dessert! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn how your comment data is processed.

The most work it involves is zesting a couple of lemons, and really, that's not all that difficult. Pour the cake batter into a greased pan. Amount Per Serving (1 slice with glaze). :D. This looks so good!!! I doubled the amount of limes for sezting, as they were small. Make sure you cover it so you don’t end up with splattered butter everywhere. Her work has appeared in Bon Appetit, Eating Well, Grit, SAVEUR, and Every Day with Rachael Ray, among others.