Add diced vegetables and cooked meat. It wouldn’t be egg fried rice without it!

This is how Ken Hom answered your questions on Chinese cookery, Available for everyone, funded by readers. Instructions

Did I need to rinse it more?. Add the eggs, and stir furiously so most of the egg is absorbed into the rice, then continue to stir-fry for a couple of minutes until some of the rice has just begun to caramelise and toast. Stir to scramble the eggs, then mix in the rice little by little until it's all combined. If you try and make it with freshly cooked rice, she says "it goes all sticky". Factors such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc. It adds color to the dish, making it a vibrant yellow. Honestly a blessing . And damp is not what I'm after. Egg Fried Rice is also a vegetarian dish and quick and easy to make at home! Move the rice to the edges of the wok, and create an open area in the middle. Top tips Rose from modest beginnings as a Burger King sandwich assembler to Holiday Inn busboy and line cook, to cooking at the family's Chinese restaurant, while also learning the finer points of Cantonese cooking from his immigrant parents.

Next, pour the uncooked egg and spice mixture over the rice, and stir-fry for about 1 minute, until all of the rice grains are coated in egg. If you don’t have any leftover rice, boil brown rice according to the package instructions, then leave it to cool down and rest for at least a few hours or ideally overnight. Leftovers

TheWoksofLife.com is written and produced for informational purposes only. Most recipes are no more specific than this, although Delia Smith calls for basmati, and Ching-He Huang jasmine which, although long-grained, is slightly stickier than most varieties.

Add the 3 beaten eggs (without the spices), and scramble them.

Time and again, my worldwide web pursuits for solid recipes that I know my family will eat has landed me back here.”. Deceptively simple, but a huge favorite and crowd-pleaser. Stir fry for a few minutes until all the ingredients have warmed through.

Leftovers.

Mix in the scrambled eggs and scallions and serve! Egg fried rice. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
I often use a frozen vegetable mix, which works great! Egg Fried Rice is an easy Chinese fried rice recipe that you can make at home.   More quick and easy Asian style dishes. Hi Hans, this egg fried rice is quite basic and is good to serve with other more flavorful dishes.

You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. This will add plenty of flavor through the whole dish. Give it a try; it’s very easy to make at home, and you can find all of the ingredients at any grocery store. Your email address will not be published. #feast-advanced-jump-to {z-index:999;border:none;opacity:0.97;background: #FCFCFC; border-left:4px solid #CCC; padding:5px 0 10px 20px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to summary, #feast-advanced-jump-to ul{ margin-left:0;min-height:50px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to li { list-style-type:none; } #feast-advanced-jump-to li a { text-decoration: none; }@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {.single h2 { display: block; position: relative;padding-top:83px;margin-top:-83px;}} We’re Bill, Judy, Sarah, and Kaitlin– a family of four cooks sharing our home-cooked and restaurant-style recipes. Updated: Aug 14, 2020 by Tonje. Allegra McEvedy "half scrambles" them in the hot wok for 20 seconds before adding the rice.
It's tasty (frying generally has that effect on food, I find), but although it doesn't quite go as "soggy and oily" as predicted by rice expert Sri Owen, author of the indispensable Rice Book, it also doesn't quite come together in the way I expect.

Throw over the spring onions and serve immediately. Next spread the salt, sugar, and black pepper over the rice and mix. I like Ken's method best – the others seem to give large, dryish flakes of egg, which remain quite separate from the rice, while his rice is richly golden all the way through.

Egg fried rice can be served as is, or paired with other dishes as a main or side dish. Add the peas and stir fry continuously for another minute. Move the rice to the edges of the wok, and create an open area in the middle. This makes sense – freshly cooked rice is necessarily moist, which is not ideal for throwing into a hot wok, but it's frustrating if you fancy fried rice on a whim, and the cupboard is bare. Use a fork to fluff up the cooked rice and break it apart. – If you wish to use a sauce, consider trying sriracha, sweet chili sauce, teriyaki, or honey and garlic sauce.