I think distortion players will love these strings. Edit: (Jan 30, 2013) Some people have been asking so just to clarify – Cobalt strings are slightly lower tension than standard slinkys, confirmed by EB (in case you didn’t take my word for it all ready).

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on December 13, 2018. The Ernie Ball Super Slinkys also stay in tune forever. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Cobalt is the most magnetically active string alloy on the planet and attracts the magnets in your pickups more than any other string.

I encourage you to throw a set of Classic Ernie Ball Rock N Roll Super Slinky on your electric guitar — and leave them on for at least a week before you decide if you like them or not. The Ernie Ball Super Slinkys also stay in tune forever. ballernienickelpurerockrollslinkystringssuperwrap. There was lots of new fret buzzing. You can get a really great Strat or Tele for under a $1,000.00 and buying used will get you an even cheaper version. Categories, More Ways to

Compared to a standard EB Slinky, the Cobalts have a slightly bigger wrap on slightly smaller core resulting in fewer wraps per unit length. I had these strings on for just over a week. Ernie Ball 2723 Cobalt Super Slinky Electric Guitar Strings are round-wound for maximum clarity and serious punch. Interviews & The Cobalt Series is clearly an improvement on its classic nickel-wound counterpart giving the player increased sustain, clarity and output. usually ship the same business day. http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&pageSize=12&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&ipstate=&iptext=stratocaster&ip_requestUri=ProductDisplay&ip_categoryId=&ip_mode=&x=0&y=0&wcsiptext=&iscached=
I’m definitely a bit of a brand evangelist for Ernie Ball strings, and especially the Regular Slinky line. 10% Off $49+ | 15% Off $99+ w/ code: BLACKFRIDAY. Everything sounded off.

This is subjective, but I love the tone of these Cobalt strings. You feel as if you’re being propelled back in time to the great guitar music of the 1970’s. protection from manufacturer defects. They’re the Wildwood of NY. Intonation was just fine after the change. Keep in mind, I'm a "metal" guy, so I like my sound a lot darker, but I always love the bright-yet-evil tones new strings always bring.

that gives you a warm, thumpy sound with a glistening top end. It’s shorter scale makes the 9s even more buttery and simpler to play. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in.

They have lasted, sounding relatively the same as I opened them after a good month of playing. Yes, I’ve moved from 10s to 9s on all my guitars and I will tell you why.

They were just a little more pliable, a little slinky-er. Awesome Sound, But Cobalt Isn't For Everybody, Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2018. I've never had an issue on the ball ends of the Cobalts (or Slinky's for that matter) ... if that's an issue for you on your other guitars, I'd check the saddles for burrs or sharp edges (the usual culprits). It was a tough call but I prefer the mid-range structure of the normal Slinkys more than I’ll miss the feel and harmonics of the Cobalts. The proprietary cobalt steel wrap on the wound strings is said to be provide a “stronger magnetic relationship between the strings and the pickups”, resulting in higher output, more sustain, and richer harmonics. I have an excellent ear and I can’t tell the difference between 9s and 10s. Ernie Ball Cobalt Strings Review | DrKevGuitar.com, If this is your first visit, be sure to Everything was humming and ringing in a totally new realm. If you're not bothered by a rough feel and want a killer bright tone, they're perfect for you. Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2019. When I first put these on my Jackson, I was amazed at how bright they were. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Acoustasonic-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=584388. At the end of that week, their sound had dulled a little but they still sounded as bright as the fresh set of standard Slinkys that I put on after. The extra volume is obvious, yet subtle and doesn’t overpower the plain strings. Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Subscriptions, CA