It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used. Gently stir the ingredients together until they are well combined. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, whole wheat flour, oats, and cinnamon. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. This simple fall dessert is delicious as-is or with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring!Learn More... Privacy Policy  |  Terms  |  Accessibility. Apples, Anjou pears, and apricots are the star ingredients in this triple-A apple pie sure to win the blue ribbon in your household. Drizzle them with the melted butter and use your hands … There's nothing like this old-fashioned apple dessert recipe to top off a good dinner. Parmesan Crisp Baked Apples. Just prepare the apples as directed, and place each one in a 10-ounce custard cup or individual microwavable casserole. I will make a batch for my friend this weekend for her birthday. Serve. I plan on making this today! Serve as-is or with vanilla ice cream for a classic fall dessert that can't be beaten. This caramel-apple cake recipe is surprisingly easy to make and requires just 20 minutes of active time--not bad for a such a good-looking treat! But regardless of variety, they’re all good for you. This isn't a recipe for baked apple crisp with a crunchy sweet topping. Instead of topping your apple pie with a full crust, cover the dough in cinnamon sugar, roll it up and slice it like cinnamon rolls to make beautiful cinnamon swirls to top the pie. Our downloadable apple recipe cookbook features many healthy recipes, including apple pie recipes, apple desserts and more easy apple recipes. This simple nondairy apple cake, which is often called Jewish apple cake, has origins in Eastern Europe. By Rena | Published on April 23, 2019 | Updated on September 13, 2019. We've done it here with pears and apples, but you can use berries or even tropical fruits instead. Place the apples in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. I am always looking for new ideas to try with my family. The part of the cake topping coming in contact with the apple mixture stays moist while the top gets crispy--the perfect combo of textures. I made this day before yesterday and we really enjoyed. Ready in just minutes this Baked Apple recipe is a HIT every time its made. This Baked Apples Recipe is amazing and they make your home smell great too. Look for Granny Smith, Newtown Pippin and Golden Delicious, as well as McIntosh, Empire and Braeburn varieties. To finish off the cake, drizzle on a quick brown sugar glaze before serving. These are simply baked apples that are cored and filled with a bit of sweet mixture of raisins, brown sugar, and warm cinnamon. —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York With all that delicious fruit an apple pie should be healthy, but the truth is a slice can have as much as 750 calories and 30 grams of fat. This crock pot apple cobbler couldn't be easier: just spend 15 minutes prepping the apple mixture and cake topping, then let the slow cooker take care of the rest. This easy Instant-Pot apple crisp has a nice balance of flavors from lemon zest and juice, brown sugar and sweet Honeycrisp apples. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, whole wheat flour, oats, and cinnamon. It's a healthy dessert with very little sugar and it will fill your home with the most inviting aroma. Uunsweetened applesauce, fat-free milk, and oatmeal transform traditional custard into a yummy good-for-you treat. Although the dough is healthier, thanks to whole-wheat flour, the pastry still comes out flaky and tender like a traditional dough would. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. Generally, there are no leftovers and you can make this dish for a variety of meals. We call for white whole-wheat flour in this recipe; it has a milder flavor than regular whole-wheat flour and more fiber than all-purpose flour, so it's perfect for making healthier baked goods. This easy apple cobbler recipe takes just 15 minutes of active time to prep, then it's a hands-off affair as it bakes up to bubbly goodness. We agree this is so yummy. All Rights Reserved. I don’t feel guilty for eating this at all. You could swap other sweet apples, such as Gala or Fuji, for the Honeycrisps. Cinnamon and sweet-tart Granny Smith apples make for a fragrant cake, while orange juice in the batter adds a sweet, fresh touch. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 10 minutes, rotating cups 1/2 turn after 3 minutes, until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. The applesauce imparts flavor and moisture while replacing some of the fat. This old-school, comforting dessert will remind you of something your grandmother might make. Be sure to buy smaller apples; a bag of snacking apples--like the ones you would buy for your kids--are the perfect size for this recipe. Cinnamon and sweet-tart Granny Smith apples make for a fragrant cake, while orange juice in the batter adds a sweet, fresh touch. This recipe was great, but it was a bit too sweet for my tastes. For the most part, the culprit is the crust. The apples release their juices, which marry with the sugar to create a delicious caramelly sauce, while the topping puffs up and takes on a lovely brown color.