to compensate for the missing liquid volume. This easy recipe is perfect for laid-back weekend brunches or even a quick mid-week treat! Can I substitute brown sugar or granulated sugar in place of the syrup? . I love how they are not overly sweet like other scones! ), but it still has the same health benefits as regular whole wheat flour. That truly means a lot to me — thank you for taking the time to let me know!

The scones are ready in 30 minutes, perfectly tender, and bursting with sweet juicy blueberries. Whether you enjoy chocolate occasionally or every single day (that’d be me! I’m so honored that you’re enjoying my recipes and videos, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to let me know. With their main bakery production facility on the other side of the city, the owners opted to drive over a fresh batch of pastries every morning and install a few brick ovens in the back of the storefront, which took up much less space than traditional bakery ovens, to prepare just the pizzas on site. I have always loved chocolate.

White whole wheat flour is made by finely grinding a special type of white wheat, whereas regular whole wheat flour comes from a heartier strain of red wheat. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";

Divine theme by Restored 316, (4 Pack) BobS Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour, 16 Oz, KitchenAid KitchenAid Ultra Power 5 Speed Hand Mixer | Wayfair, One-Pan Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki {Whole30} », Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins {Video}, Apple Bread with Crumble Topping (Paleo, GF), Ghee/Coconut oil (for paleo option) or pasteurized butter. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; I’m truly honored that you’ve made these scones so many times already and that both you and your husband feel like these taste like a “cheat,” rather than a healthy version. Thank you for the quick response, I will try to make these tonight and let you know how they turn out! I’ve actually included the best storage method in the paragraph of text directly underneath the recipe title in the recipe box. ♡  Clean Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Scones Every Halloween throughout my childhood, I inverted the entire contents of my bright … Read More, Copyright © 2020 Amys Healthy Baking | Web Design by Viva la Violet | Privacy Policy. in Baking· Breakfast· Clean Eating· Fruit· Gluten Free· Low Fat· Scones· Vegetarian. Oh my goodness!! Make a well in the center, and add in the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, 3 tablespoons of milk, and vanilla. Especially warm and fresh from the oven… Mmmmmmmmmm. Your email address will not be published. I think I just might have to try that with the next batch I bake! ** You can use full-fat milk or dairy-free milk like cashew, almond, or full-fat coconut oil. I’ve actually answered this exact question in the Notes section of the recipe (located directly underneath the Instructions). Bake an additional 5 - 9 (total of 20 - 24 minutes) until the edge is golden brown. . . I’m so glad you and your family loved these scones Nicole! Eventually you’ll need to use your hands to knead the last of … They’ll keep for at least a week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Lightly press in the leftover blueberries on top.

Add blueberries and lemon zest and gently stir. I’m honored that you’d like to try making these scones, Maria!

I really want to try it but I want to make a savory version.

Required fields are marked *. That sounds like such a delicious idea, Aadya! Hello, just made these today really delicious wondering how I should store them? « Strawberry Banana Bread Oatmeal Cookies, The Ultimate Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream {Recipe Video!} I love your idea of using a potato masher. { Read More }, The Healthier Chocolate Treats cookbook is perfect for any and all chocolate lovers. Fold in blueberries (save a handful for later) gently with your hands or a spatula. Finally, form the chilled dough into a disk shape. Adding a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar on top sounds phenomenal too. While the scones are cooling, prepare the cashew frosting (full recipe in, * You can use cold ghee, butter, or coconut oil. Bake at 425°F for 18-22 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden.

That’s the BEST compliment, Nicole! coconut oil; whole grain flour; a bit of coconut sugar; non-dairy milk ; bananas (obviously) An easily adaptable vegan scone recipe. So that’s what I did with these Ultimate Healthy Blueberry Scones! You won’t find them anywhere else! My family loved them! https://amyshealthybaking.com/.../26/the-ultimate-healthy-blueberry-scones These are outstanding! I also added sliced almonds, and a mixture of cinnamon and sugar (just a small amount) to the top! I’m honored that you’d like to try making this recipe Devilim! And now for the best part… Fresh blueberries!

Thanks!:). Unlike those bakery’s scones, these are much healthier with no refined flour or sugar and nearly 5g of protein! Healthier Chocolate Treats contains 50+ brand new healthier recipes. Website by New Tricks Web Design. , My first time making these ultimate healthy blueberry scones. Gently spread it out a little bit so the side can get more heat through. While most of my friends stood in line for a slice or two, I occasionally opted for a fresh salad from their refrigerated display along with a leftover pastry. My husband and I have been counting calories, and it feels like we’re cheating eating something this tasty (but we’re not)! and add crushed garlic, scallions and cheese instead? I am a loyal follower and I love your recipes.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. I’ve made a new batch of these every week for the last month. Then form a well in the middle, add cold butter, ghee or coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until just incorporated. With just 2 tablespoons of butter, the rest of these scones’ tender texture comes from my favorite ingredient in healthier baking. Cut into 6 - 8 pieces with a sharp knife. I’ll definitely try that soon and let you know!! Thank you so much!! While tourists and incoming freshmen generally overlooked it due to its quaint size and location, all of the locals considered it one of the best pizza places in town. Note: Whole wheat pastry flour would be a great substitute, and I’ve included my preferred gluten-free option in the Notes section as well. Oh my goodness. amzn_assoc_region = "US";

Use a hand mixer to slowly blend everything until it becomes crumbly and eventually forms a dough ***. Would that change the consistency in any way? Gently wiggle the knife a little while cutting to separate the pieces from each other. They offered all of the classic flavors, like Margherita and meat lovers’, to more interesting ones, like eggplant with feta and roasted bell peppers with goat cheese, all on a thin crispy crust with barely a hint of char from those brick ovens. Whether you prefer milk, dark or white, there are lots of treats inside for you! ♡  Clean Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. You just made my entire day — thank you for taking the time to let me know! I know it can be easy to miss! Throughout the day, they baked fresh pizzas to cut into jumbo slices (bigger than my face!) amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "amysheabak-20"; ?) If you’d like to make a fully savory version, then replace the maple syrup with milk so the texture will remain the same. Linda, Oh my goodness, Linda — you just made my ENTIRE day!! Bake 15 minutes or until the scones are dry to touch. Brush with the remaining milk. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I’d love to hear what you think of these scones if you try making them!

or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs I’m excited to hear what you think of these scones if you try making them! With very cold butter, it won’t heat up until you put the scones in the extremely hot oven, and it will create little air pockets and a very tender crumb when it melts. These recipes have never been seen before or appeared on my blog. (That guarantees that I’ll see the notification from you! You can use frozen blueberries, no thawing necessary. Greek yogurt provides the same moisture as extra butter for a fraction of the calories, and it gives your scones a protein boost too! That’s so creative and completely brilliant!

Gently mix in milk and yogurt. Thank you! I’m really excited to hear what you think of these scones!

♡  Clean Cinnamon Roll Scones.

That really means a lot! Pure perfection! amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; I grew up in small town Mississippi eating traditional southern fare.A lifelong foodie, I started cooking and experimenting with food at a very young age. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients - almond and coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder. Thank you for posting!! I’d absolutely love to hear how your savory scones turn out!! I can’t wait to hear all about your savory scones!! ), there are plenty of goodies inside for you! ♡  Clean Peach Scones To start, you’ll use white whole wheat flour. Thank you so much for the quick reply and suggestion Amy!