Stir in peanut butter until combined. Read More. Do not boil. 1 cup peanut butter Yummy!D Next begin to slowly pour and stir in the Special K cereal. Melt butter and chips and spread over the cereal layer. Crunch, crunch. You can contact the sales team for more info. )...enjoy. I like that difference the butterscotch chips bring to the flavor, but again you could try both ways to find your ideal mix. Melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips together with the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove. I pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and with a large spoon I stir and fold fast, making sure all of the cereal is coated. Post a link to another recipe or group by pasting the url into the box where you want it to show up. Learn how your comment data is processed. Stir the corn syrup and sugar together in a small saucepan and heat just to boiling (do not boil, as this will cause the bars to become hard as they cool). Remove bowl from microwave and add 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter; stir until smooth and fully incorporated. Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips! Add peanut butter and stir until melted and smooth. Use a buttered spoon to smooth out the mixture evenly and let sit. It's an old recipe, with only 5 ingredients, but one that never losses its appeal - from kid to adult, they are hard to resist, and so easy to throw together (plus the kids are getting peanut butter and cereal out of it! You must use Special K cereal in this recipe. I love your sense of humor. Some people say you should use 5 cups of cereal instead of 6 for the bars. Get these ingredients for curbside pickup or delivery! or whatever the larger size bag is now) of each flavor. These are the crispiest, most flavorful roast potatoes you'll ever make. If you have a business development or DMCA inquiry, Click Here. My recipe calls for only 1 cup creamy peanut butter and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip. I was making the bars for an open house and followed the recipe exactly. I cook mine until the mixture just begins to bubbles This bars do not last long in my house! Let set until hardened then cut into 24 bars and store in a covered container. And while recently taking a road trip through this veritable bar country, I came across an especially fascinating specimen at several different bakeries: the Special K Bar. When the syrup mixture comes to a full bubbling boil I time it for 30 seconds and remove it from the heat. Enter your email address to follow my blog! I have been making these bars since my mother found the recipe many years ago when I was still in school. Special K Peanut Butter And Chocolate Bars, I'm sure this recipe is probably already posted on this site, but in my promise to my daughters to post all of the recipes they eat when they are here, I have to add it to my list. Bakeries in the Midwest seem to devote prime bakery case real estate to the decadent treats in a way I've seen in no other part of the country--it's a truly beautiful thing. Preparation. I just love special k bars. Now it is time to melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips with some butter and spread it over the top of the special k bars. And while recently taking a road trip through this veritable bar country, I came across an especially fascinating specimen at several different bakeries: the Special K Bar. My kind of cooking you do and sounds like me in the kitchen . While that begins to heat I run around the kitchen like a crazy woman, spraying the 9×13-in pan with cooking spray and measuring the cereal into a large bowl. Change ). So of course I had to make the bars a second time, a short while later. pan. I would be careful to heat the sugar and corn syrup until the sugar is JUST melted and then remove from heat altogether! It ends up in a large ball and I spoon this into the prepared pan. Great posting Krum..I will mske those soon. I use Rice Krispies instead of Special K cereal. Melt a 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips (I place them in a 2 cup measuring cup and use the microwave to melt them, but you can do it in a saucepan on the stovetop if you prefer). 07/16/2003. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em. cup of brewed coffee contains 71mg of caffeine and Special K Pastry Crisps Caramel Latte contains 36mg of caffeine per serving. Once that mixture boils I remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla. I need to cut them today and now they are rock hard and I can barely cut them. 1 cup sugar 30 seconds isn’t a suggestion, it’s an order. I was looking for a Cheddars broccoli rice casserole and that’s how I found you. These are just like the ones my grandma makes every Christmas. Firmly press the cereal mixture into the bottom of the pan, being sure to press together any “holes” in the base. Stir in the peanut butter. Place the cereal mixture into the 9 X 13-in pan. I’m doing that backwards I know. When I wanted to make Special K bars recently I searched my blog and discovered I’ve been amiss. Others have told me that they use two cups of chocolate chips and omit the butterscotch chips. We used to trade stuff just to get eachothers Peanutbutter bars! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Best to read the recipe and follow the directions in order. The kids will love the bars. As they warm up to room temp, will it be easier to cut them? I start with my medium-sized saucepan, measuring in the sugar and corn syrup. In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and corn syrup; mix well. I enjoy making them for my own family every year. I'm talking about bar cookies. I promptly made the bars and took pictures in preparation of posting the recipe but I forgot to photograph a few steps. No more than 30 seconds or you’ll have some very hard to chew bars! Remove from microwave and stir the mixture, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. You’re welcome. Next, add the Special K cereal and stir. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal. 11 Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Costco Is Now Selling a Giant 4-Pound Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving Dinner, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Remove after sugar is dissolved. Mostly down the front of my shirt (picture not provided). I wanted to have all of our family recipes on this blog and I’ve forgotten one of our favorites. If your bars are turning out hard you are over cooking the sugar and syrup. I’m buying everything to make these delicious looking bars for grandkids after school treat tomorrow. I use Rice Krispies instead of Special K cereal. Loved the bars but had way too much chocolate on top for us. It’s great to meet you, Cheryl! I cut the bars into 24 squares and store them in a plastic container. x 9-in. Learn more on our Terms of Use page. LOL!!! We do cut the peanut butter to 1 c. And we remove the saucepan from the burner as soon as the sugar and corn syrup start to bubble. Usually it’s nice and melted by this time. No idea what to search for? Choose from bowie knives, Becker knives, EK Commando, folders, fixed knives and more. Remove pan from stovetop or microwave, and stir in the peanut butter; mix ingredients together well.