I was tempted to cut the broil time down but I didn’t and am very happy with the results.

Place the venison bones in a large, deep roasting tray. The key to cooking a tender venison round roast is not to overcook the meat; serving it at medium will ensure a moist roast. It's flavorful and rich in nutrients like choline, magnesium and potassium.

It seems a long time to cook it if you meant celcius and I’d need to convert it if you’re using Fahrenheit. Slide the covered pot back into the oven and bake for an additional 3 hours at 250 degrees. (Next weekend I am trying it with goose!) One change I would make - I would use reduced sodium soup and garlic powder instead of salt. Worcestershire sauce To cook, drizzle the loins with a little oil, then roast in a preheated oven at 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. I think your 2.5 bone-in neck roast will work just fine!
So glad you liked it . Hi, I’m Lynette.

1 tsp. Try using ground rosemary, thyme or powdered onion or garlic.

Thanks for the comment, Helen! Test the temperature of the meat at the thickest section. You could also use red or yellow potatoes and leave the skin on if you like that! Shocked that it wasn’t shoe leather! This method works well for larger cuts and roasts that you cook in the oven, and works especially will with other meats like ham or bacon. A venison round roast is taken from the rear haunches of the deer. Sprinkle with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper. This simple venison recipe wowed my entire family. Venison tends to taste "wild" if you do not have a great recipe. Put cleaned meat in slow cooker and cover with onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Let us know how it turns out , Meredith, I have a2 1/2 lb neck roast with bone in , could I use this recipe as stated?

Because this method creates shorter fibers of meat, the venison will be tenderer. Crush the coffee beans and peppercorns in a pestle and mortar until fine, pick and pound in the rosemary leaves, then peel and crush in the garlic to make a rough paste. Slow Cooker Beef Stew – Hearty Old Fashioned Recipe ». The caramelized surface of the meat will give so much more flavor to the final dish… plus it looks more appetizing! Because of the previous reviews that I read on this recipe. Step 3: You will need 5-6 peeled and chopped carrots. To cook, drizzle the loins with a little oil, then roast in a preheated oven at 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of muchroom soup And I’m not the best food photographer, well because I’m not really a photographer . Looking for how to cook an easy venison roast in a pressure cooker? The taste is so much better. Turn the Ninja on and hit Pressure Cook. 4 carrots, sliced My desire is to help women who feel uninspired weave time honored recipes into their routines to create a sense of simplicity. Since our roast cooked for so long, we will have some incredible pan drippings to make gravy. Thanks so much! I love how the soup makes its own gravy!

¼ cup). Peel and chop the carrots, slice the onion and peel the garlic cloves. Not crisping and I was a little nervous it would dry the venison out. This cut of venison was the backstrap. I agree I could barely tell it was venison. It is one of the cuts that can be cooked by any method you choose, but like most deer meat, it will benefit by braising.

https://originalhomesteading.com/cook-venison-roast-in-crockpot In each Foodi Friday post, I want to highlight any fails. air fryer. Why should you brown the venison roast before baking? Hope that helps. w[n] = w[n] || fn; You will hear it sizzle! } return function(){return ret}})();rp.bindMediaToggle=function(link){var finalMedia=link.media||"all";function enableStylesheet(){link.media=finalMedia} If you haven’t figured out by now, I love to cook with venison. Then lay down one side of the seasoned meat into the pan. Carefully remove the bigger bones, then strain the sauce through a coarse sieve into a pan. Check out these cute Food Cover ups! I’m no expert on high altitude, but my first thought was that maybe you should cook the elk for a really, really long time. When ready to bake, add the additional stock. Because venison is a lean meat It guides you through the settings and how to stack the food in your Ninja. I combined a can of beef broth and about a cup of red wine. Step 9: When the six hours has ended, carefully remove the stockpot from the oven, take out the roast, and place it on a platter. I started to brush on EVOO and decided to use my Avocado oil spray easier. The worst thing is tough dried out venison meat.

1 large onion, sliced Put cleaned meat in slow cooker and cover with onion. We use cookies to ensure you receive the best experience on our site.

You get two cans for $6.99 and they have coupons frequently I find in this coupon database.

Venison roast slow cooked with onion, creamy mushroom soup, a dab of this and a spice of that.

garlic powder Cut 1/2" thick pieces of venison and add to plate. Plus the meat was frozen. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. For those that said this was too salty - use real garlic instead of the salt (or garlic powder) add a little water, and perhaps using low sodium soy sauce/cream of mushrooms soup would help a bunch as well. Roast for 1 hour, then use tongs to transfer everything to a big pot.