Just wondering can I double this recipe to make a cake?! My question is can I freeze the mixed batter if I do not use all of it?

I will try all of them later on.

Fold in blueberries. Everting in Hawaii is more xpensiv (even letters),lol. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. —Sheila Siem, Calumet, Michigan, Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I’m always so eager for your feedback.

Hi there,..a TRUE Sudburian here, and we have the most tasty, wild blueberries, North of the border,..your muffins are lovely, I add a bit of lemon juice in as well,..but I noticed this “typo” in your recipe,…. Thank you for this recipe- I love that there is no white sugar. I made these muffins today with fresh picked blueberries. I hope this helps! Thank you. This time I’m going to use half whole wheat and half white and see what happens):););;). Forget those box mixes! These healthy blueberry muffins are easy to make, too. Amazing Muffins! You will combine the 3 1/2 cups in step 2.

I doubled the cinnamon because I like cinnamon. The mixture will be thick, but don’t worry. Do you have an issues with other recipes of your baked goods turning out drier? I used all of the vegan options and made it gluten free by using a combination of oat and corn flour.

Great, moist,muffins. Love this recipe as muffins!

Thanks! Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full). Do you think if I used a maple flavored only syrup no butter flavors (store brand) would effect flavor, sugars, end results?? Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Better than any blueberry muffin recipes I have followed. And I left off the turbinado, only because my toddler would be eating them. As my husband ate his full-fat blueberry muffin this morning, I decided to make your recipe for me-:). Thank you for this recipe!I have made them multiple times and my whole family loves them! X. These muffins are delicious! I baked for 16 minutes. Added lemon zest and again no noticeable flavor. But, I do know readers have tried this in the past with other recipes and it worked well. I’m glad they turned out so well and now are a new favorite. I tried it this morning, and added some oats for additional chewiness. Hi Michelle! I also used 1 C of regular sour cream instead of the yogurt. Tried it once as a loaf but with oven at 400 the outside burnt and the inside stayed raw… Gonna try it again as a loaf but this time reduce the heat to 350 or 375 so hopefully it will bake through more gradually.

My only wish is that if you can provide a rough estimate of # of mini muffins your recipe will make and maybe give a idea of bake time for mini muffins. These muffins will freeze well. Realized I didn’t have plain Greek yogurt when I went to make them this week. These muffins taste best after they’ve had time to cool completely. Happy to hear you loved it! The muffins stuck to the paper, and were lacking the crumb of “regular” muffin. Even my husband – who doesn’t eat these kinds of breakfast foods – ate 2! Cooked 400 for 21 minutes total. I used EVOO, tasted the batter and had major regrets cuz it was very very olivey, but I ate a couple out of the oven and found the flavour baked out mostly and that the blueberries’ sweetness softens it as well (heads up for everyone else’s who uses evoo, coconut oil is really expensive). Have you tried this? I am always happy with all I have tried! These muffins are so good and so easy to make! I made bigger muffins which yielded 6 muffins, i also was out of baking soda and added 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder which totaled 2 1/2 baking powder. I would’t know for sure without trying it, but I don’t think it would work how you would think. I also doubled the amount of nutmeg, just in case the extra WW over powered the spice-I think it was still a delicious hint of spice. I’ve never had to soak or scrub on this pan. These are my favorite homemade blueberry muffins, and it’s about time you met them. They turned out perfect. About ⋄ Contact ⋄ Cookbook ⋄ Recipes ⋄ Shop ⋄ Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers.
Made these along with the carrot muffins this am because I am having company this weekend.

Hi Kate, I read in your strawberry oat muffin recipe that you can add a 1/3 cup of oats to any of your muffin recipes. I made 24 mini muffins (baking 10 minutes in nervousness) and 5 regular muffins with this recipe!

I can’t make any promises, but I will add your request to my list. my batter turned out waaaay to thick, i couldnt mix in all the flour as there wasnt enough liquid. You will toss the remaining flour with the blueberries – see step 4. This is by far the best of all the recipes I tried. Very tasty, easy, and nutritionally virtuous recipe that takes nicely to improvisation and substitution. I added extra fresh blueberries and some chopped walnuts.

I will make these again.

So I did your vegan version of the Yogurt, I used unbleached flour cause that is all I had, I used energy egg replacer for the eggs (basically fake eggs ), and I used your option of honey instead of maple syrup and olive oil instead of coconut oil. Thank you! I hope this helps! Hi!

I noticed that you have other whole wheat muffin recipes. © Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2020. I wanted to love this recipe, but I found my muffins a bit dry. They’re made with 100 percent whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat flour, which you can hardly taste).

Be sure to report back and let me know what you think, Michelle! How did you measure your flour? Thanks for such a great recipe as we will be making these often.

Wow these muffins are incredible. The taste is absolutely delicious. These muffins are awesome and now I’d like to make it into a loaf pan. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined (a few lumps are ok). This has got to be the best blueberry muffin recipe I have ever made!

Finally, I added half a cup extra of blueberries and skipped adding sugar on top. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining 1 teaspoon flour (this helps prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom). Due to the size of my family at this point, real maple syrup, even Costco is higher priced. Next time I’ll try 350 and hope that the top and bottom will be done at the same time. Hi Mary, If want to double you will need 3 1/2 plus 2 tsp.

Hi Scott, I prefer pure maple syrup. No one will guess this recipe is made with 100% whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup. Or, use 1 cup vegan yogurt. Affiliate details ». My husband loved them so I will be making these again soon. ~AMF. Hi! These muffins were very easy to make-very moist. When they came out of the oven they looked really weird. Since you leveled off, that would have been my first question of how you measured the flour. I also added a couple Tb of ground flax and chia seeds to the batter and topped with a bit of cinnamon sugar and pecan pieces for a crunchy crust. Absolutely love these! These are by far the best blueberry muffins ever!!! Didn’t notice any flavor from it?? Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. I would love to freeze the batter for a workday morning to defrost the night before and pop into the oven in the morning. Stir in flours, baking powder and salt just until flours are moistened (batter will be lumpy).
In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Its a firm family favourite, hubby, kids, they all love it! That’s great to hear! They came out great and the recipe was as easy as can be! I think that your vegan buttermilk recipe really brought a moistness to them. I’m correcting my rating.

Do I need to change the amount of flour or any other ingredient if I do? They are absolutely perfect and more. I will make these again with a couple of tweaks because they’re sooo moist. I used the batter to make mini muffins. Maybe I should have used a cheaper brand less xpnsve?? They feel so much more healthy and virtuous than the standard variety. Email me when Kate or another C+K reader replies directly to my comment. Another triumph.