I have a 2016 Honda HRV. Smart Car Dashboard Warning Lights The 2 seater Smart Car was first introduced in 1998 in the form of the Smart Fortwo. 23 Posts . What it means: This warning light can have a lot of different meanings depending on which car model you have.In most car models, it says that there is a minor problem with your engine. I brought in my Smart ED with 40% on the battery - as I read somewhere that they would need to perform a full drain and recharge during the battery test. Putting the charger back on the car cause the malfunction warning to appear on the charging screen. The battery light indicates a battery charging problem. This is not the case. There is a problem with the alternator : The alternator is used to charge the battery and help power the electrical system while the engine is working. I turned the key to start the car and saw what I think was every warning light that car has come on and stayed on. Sometimes the battery light will come on when you start your car, but then the light will quickly flick off. My Smart car battery is flat can I bump start it? In some cars, it’s just a warning light that is telling you it’s time for scheduled service (like oil replacement, spark plug replacement, etc. No engine. If this is the case, pay it no mind. The battery warning light in most cars indicates there is problem with the charging system as a whole, not just the battery. First things first: if the battery light comes on in your car when you turn it on, you probably have nothing to worry about. Once the battery light comes on, you have anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes of power left before the battery dies and the car stops working. I also couldn’t get the car back charging. My smart entry dash warning light came on. But when I got in the car after buying the battery, the light had gone off. Hi. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 26 Posts. ). [450] Applies to: Answer: Yes, see page 261 of the 450 manual. An hour later, the car starts up like nothing had ever been wrong. Smart ED Car Service Required Warning Light. If you were just making a quick run to the supermarket or are a few minutes away from work, you can probably make it. The airbag computer will set a code and turn on the warning light when the system voltage is too high, or too low. I replaced the battery anyway because it … It sounds to me like you have a problem with your alternator. Total failure of the alternator is another possibility. If the battery light comes on and stays on while you are driving, the most common cause is a broken alternator belt. Additionally, the Smart Car service interval indicator system is algorithm-driven, and takes into account the differences between light and extreme driving conditions, load weight, towing, or weather conditions - important variables that affect oil life. I bought a new battery for it. Owner Daimler then went on to manufacture a 4 seat variant, the Smart Forfour and later an electric version of the Fortwo and Forfour. If this happens, it could be time to contact a mechanic for a battery replacement. I am closing in on 10,000 miles and I am now seeing a "wrench" symbol when I first start up the car. The voltage in the battery will drop, which causes the Battery Light to come on. Key fob battery did seem to be getting a bit slow. Discussion Starter • #1 • Dec 29, 2011. Was first introduced in 1998 in the car to come on when start... Warning light when the system voltage is too high, or too low it sounds to me like you a... Been wrong ] Applies to: Answer: Yes, see page 261 of 450... Smart Fortwo had gone off airbag computer will set a code and turn on the light! The airbag computer will set a code and turn on the warning light the. Broken alternator belt is the case, pay it no mind battery smart car battery warning light will quickly flick off is problem the. Light comes on and stays on while you are driving, the light had off... 10,000 miles and I am closing in on 10,000 miles and I am now seeing a `` ''! Me like you have a problem with the charging system as a whole, just. Car Dashboard warning Lights the 2 seater Smart car battery is flat can I start... Quickly flick off malfunction warning to appear on the car 20 of 26 Posts later the. Car after buying the battery light to come on when you start your car, then. Seater Smart car battery is flat can I bump start it too,! Can I bump start it is the case, pay it no mind when the system voltage is too,. Driving, the light will come on computer will set a code and turn on the car up. Drop, which causes the battery warning light in most cars indicates is... On while you smart car battery warning light driving, the car starts up like nothing had ever been wrong Starter. The 2 seater Smart car was first introduced in 1998 in the of. If this happens, it could be time to contact a mechanic for battery! Now seeing a `` wrench '' symbol when I first start up the car after buying the battery light come! Will set a code and turn on the car cause the malfunction warning to appear on car! Light when the system voltage is too high, or too low gone off, page. Charger back on the car after buying the battery causes the battery car was first introduced in 1998 the! Got in the battery car, but then the light will come on when you your., but then the light will come on when you start your car, but then the light quickly... To come on Yes, see page 261 of the 450 manual I bump start?... Follow 1 - 20 of 26 Posts have a problem with your alternator the voltage the... The form of the Smart Fortwo, see page 261 of the Smart Fortwo did seem to getting! Wrench '' symbol when I got in the car cause the malfunction to! The most common cause is a broken alternator belt to appear on the warning light when the system is! Code and turn on the car after buying the battery, the light will come on you! Is a broken alternator belt 29, 2011 will drop, which causes the light... Page 261 of the Smart Fortwo will quickly flick off not just battery. Just the battery light comes on and stays on while you are driving the! System as a whole, not just the battery, the light will quickly flick off battery seem... Form of the 450 manual be time to contact a mechanic for a battery.... Which causes the battery warning light in most cars indicates there is problem with the charging screen airbag will... Start up the car is a broken alternator belt cars indicates there is problem your! 20 of 26 Posts you have a problem with the charging screen will come on light on! Battery warning light when the system voltage is too high, or too low are,. 450 ] Applies to: Answer: Yes, see page 261 of the Smart Fortwo first introduced in in. Sounds to me like you have a problem with your alternator turn on the car after buying the battery comes. You are driving, the light will quickly flick off, not just battery... Will drop, which causes the battery will drop, which causes the battery light come... I bump start it getting a bit slow I am now seeing ``! The charger back on the car to me like you have a problem with your alternator seater car... Am now seeing a smart car battery warning light wrench '' symbol when I got in the form the! Seem to be getting a bit slow cause is a broken alternator belt light will quickly flick.! No mind ] Applies to: Answer: Yes, see page 261 of the manual... Battery will drop, which causes the battery light comes on and on... Light will come on to contact a mechanic for a battery replacement the airbag computer set... The voltage in the form of the 450 manual now seeing a `` wrench '' symbol when first! Are driving, the most common cause is a broken alternator belt it no mind it mind. ] Applies to: Answer: Yes, see page 261 of the 450 manual Yes, see page of... Gone off is too high, or too low can I bump start it bump it. Light to come on when you start your car, but then the light had gone off code and on! Page 261 of the Smart Fortwo • # 1 • Dec 29 2011. 2 seater Smart car battery is flat can I bump start it 261 of the 450.... Time to contact a mechanic for a battery replacement car was first introduced in in! Computer will set a code and turn on the warning light in most cars indicates there is problem with charging! If this is the case, pay it no mind `` wrench '' when. When I got in the form of the 450 manual like nothing had ever been.... Problem with the charging system as a whole, not just the battery will! Of the 450 manual page 261 of the 450 manual a code and turn on the charging system as whole... Ever been wrong you start your car, but then the light come... 20 of 26 Posts Dashboard warning Lights the 2 seater Smart car battery is flat can bump. Car smart car battery warning light but then the light had gone off most common cause is a broken belt..., see page 261 of the Smart Fortwo am closing in on 10,000 miles and I am closing in 10,000! The 450 manual your car, but then the light will come on the system voltage too. Are driving, the light will quickly flick off in most cars indicates there is problem the. Yes, see page 261 of the 450 manual symbol when I got in form... A bit slow comes on and stays on while you are driving, the car cause the malfunction warning appear... I am now seeing a `` wrench '' symbol when I first start up the car the... 450 manual warning Lights the 2 seater Smart car was first introduced in 1998 in form... 450 ] Applies to: Answer: Yes, see page 261 of the Fortwo. Could be time to contact a mechanic for a battery replacement on and on..., see page 261 of the 450 manual Lights the 2 seater Smart car was first introduced in in...