It's the Justice League: International with none of the panache and zeal of the original incarnation. Plus: The Joker puts in an appearance, threatening the team through their private lives. Other series he has been associated with include The Sensational Spider-Man (Vol. DeMatteis redefined the Justice League of America with these unique, humorous tales, collected for the first time since their original comic-book publication. After all this time, I still love the Justice League International. Written by Keith Giffen, J.M. The threat of the Manhunters has come to Earth and the Justice League finds itself teamed with heroes and Green Lanterns to stop the Manhunters’ plans. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. Iron came off pretty cool. My favourite DC comic - best supporting team ever, oh look it's classic banter! May 15th 2012 In this volume, the team works on a captured alien spacecraft, unaware that the new Injustice League is pursuing them in their own stolen ship from Thanagar, Hawkman's homeworld. You won’t want to miss the stunning conclusion of Batman: Three Jokers as it completes its trajectory as the ultimate examination of The Joker and his never-ending conflict with Batman.The final chapter of the most terrifying and personal Batman mystery is here! His goal is to recruit superheros, who don't keep their identities secret, that will answer to the UN. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. I had read the title in the 1980s and 90s and, toward the end of my time with it, had grown weary of the title and its comic tone. This second volume is great. Probably not worth your time, unless you want to see who Maxwell Lord was working for/with and what happened to him. To read on e-ink devices like the Sony eReader or Barnes & Noble Nook, you'll need to download a file and transfer it to your device. Sometime you just gotta have fun, even in the superhero world of stopping crime and evil. Good action too. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. This incarnation doesn’t come close: No Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Power Girl, Captain Marvel, Elongated Man or Mister Miracle here. His dialogue is usually characterized by a biting wit that is seen as much less zany than dialogue provided by longtime collaborators DeMatteis and Robert Loren Fleming. Not great, hopefully volume 3 will get us back on track. They will . I have learnt to not judge a book based on reviews on Good Reads, cause most of the time I find myself disagreeing with them anyway. Pity it didn't last... After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. For real group-of-heroes stuff, go read the actual Justice League series. WHAT were they thinking! Eternia is under attack and a woman named Despara is at the lead. 4 - Ebook written by Keith Giffen. Still very much like the 90's, and too bland. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime. I mean really...hair? Justice League International Reading Order Confusing. As a result, it doesn’t read as well as the streamlined superheroics and team building of the first 7 issues. Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Justice League of America: The Ray Rebirth, Justice Leagues: Justice League of Aliens, Justice Leagues: Justice League of Arkham, Justice League of America: The Atom Rebirth, Justice League: Gods & Monsters - Batman [I], Justice Leagues: Justice League of Amazons, Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern, Justice Leagues: Justice League of Atlantis, Justice League of America in The Lunar Invaders, Justice League: Gods & Monsters - Superman [I], Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth Special, Justice League by Scott Snyder: The Deluxe Edition, Justice League of America: A Celebration of 60 Years, Justice League of America: Killer Frost - Rebirth, Justice League: Gods & Monsters - Wonder Woman [I], Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman: The Witching Hour, Justice League: The Darkseid War: DC Essential Edition, Justice League of America: The Wedding of the Atom and Jean Loring, Justice League: The Worlds Greatest Superheroes by Alex Ross & Paul Dini, DC Comics/Dark Horse Comics: Justice League, DC Comics Presents: Justice League of America, Aquaman/Justice League: Drowned Earth Special. I know Guy Gardner. This story arc is one well placed introduction. There was a problem loading your book clubs. It means it hasn't done much to grow. And I can buy the political angle, but do I seriously think that the real Justice League wouldn't be available for such a world threat? Works really well, and at the time an outrageous gamble enacted on DC's premiere team franchise! Read Justice League International: Born Again Comic Online In these 1980s tales, find out what happens when Batman, Superman, and the Justice League face a galactic invasion fleet known as the Cluster, exchange harsh words with Lobo, track Mister Miracle back to … The author also saw fit to have Batman quit like an ungrateful child. The Justice League International of the 80s was a large, sprawling, veritable “who’s who” of DC lesser-knowns. He also created the alien mercenary character Lobo (with Roger Slifer), and the irreverent "want-to-be" hero, Ambush Bug. That'. Kevin Maguire's art works so perfectly with the feel of the book. The former is one step away from a full psychotic outbreak, and the latter is basically a hoodlum. I didn't know that Booster Gold would be the team leader (not a spoiler, it's pretty much on the first page). He is best known for creating the superhero Booster Gold, and for his lengthy runs on the Superman titles Adventures of Superman and Superman (vol. This is almost the same as back in the day! Amazon.com: Justice League International, Vol. You won’t want to miss the stunning conclusion of Batman: Three Jokers as it completes its trajectory as the ultimate examination of The Joker and his never-ending conflict with Batman. 1 book. If you have any doubts about legality of content or you have another suspicions, feel free to. Based on Sesana's warning, I immediately flipped to the back of the trade to read the Annual *first*, rather than last. We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. 2 book. The hordes of Hordak attack Eternia! I fully expected this version to be more of the same, especially since many of the same characters were appearing. Too much focus on humor and not enough on action. It isn’t. Still very much like the 90's, and too bland. 01 (2009) | | Read Justice League International Vol. . Elsewhere, this series confirms Martian Manhunter as one of my favorite DC characters. Altogether a decent way to pas them time, but not extraordinary. JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL was one of the New 52 books I picked up only out of curiosity, but with no real intention of continuing with it. Fire, Ice, Booster Gold and Guy Gardner are the only remnants of the previous team that feature here (not counting Batman, he’s not a member. It's not exactly newsprint paper, but it's not glossy or at least white paper. Welcome back. Bumping my estimation up a star this time around, as this is the volume where the JLI we came to love really starts to manifest. I don't know exactly what I thought I was going to get in this book...I already know that the Justice League of America is a second-class Justice League under the control of the US government. No, who am I kidding? These characters are not only mediocre as superheroes, they're also just sort of "meh" when it comes to reading about them. Reviewed in the United States on July 2, 2016. Please try again. As for new members, Captain Atom is an interesting choice, though I can’t say Rocket Red has aged well, particularly his design. Actually there's few truly revolutionary comicbooks, and this is one of these: Keith Giffen and De Matteis are very brilliant (and funny) writers, but the real star here is Kevin Maguire. . Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2016. Learn more about the program. This collection is hardly that... the stories mostly don't go together, or are formed around bigger DC universe stories that are not featured in this book. Refresh and try again. Download for offline reading, highlight, bookmark or take notes while you read Justice League International Vol. There are no end of universe events, it's all about classic DC characters stepping on each other's toes.