Secure with bamboo picks and serve. Homemade, roasted leg of lamb makes a tasty, satisfying sandwich and a refreshing change from traditional deli fare. He was an amazing foodie! Thanks to the EU-funded Lamb.Try it .Love it campaign, increased numbers of people are being introduced to eating more lamb recipes during the week. Your email address will not be published. This sandwich recipe combines thin slices of roasted leg of lamb with fresh spinach, sliced tomatoes and sweet onion.. In fact, the same can be said for any type of roasted meat like pork or turkey. First and foremost, lamb comes from sustainable EU farms across various regions of Europe. Greedy Gourmet is an award winning food and travel blog. Arrange the salad leaves evenly across the first slice of bread. For this reason, in some countries you will always find these jams as a side dish to meat classics like the Viennese schnitzel. His dad and I would have the same sense of humor…. The general rule is – if you’ve got leftovers and don’t know what to do, reuse the leftovers in a sandwich! Hence, I recommend you also try including a hint of apple chutney with your leftover lamb sandwich. These berry flavours are exceptional with the umami flavours of the meat. Terms and Conditions, Extra Large Organic Bamboo Cutting Board for Kitchen, Totally Bamboo 20-2083 Salt Box, 3-1/2-Inch round, Plain, Leftover Roast Leg of Lamb Sandwich Story, Leftover Roasted Leg of Lamb Sandwich My Way, How to Make the Best Roasted Lamb Sandwich, Cutting the Lamb for Roasted Leg of Lamb Sandwich, How to Make the Minted Lamb Sandwich Filling (Mint Pesto), Putting the Roasted Lamb Sandwich Together, « Shrimp and Asparagus Pizza with Romesco Sauce, Date and Asparagus Pizza with Preserved Lemon Ricotta ». Just make sure that you guard it well if you happen to take it to work. Mint sauce! In a small processor, combine all ingredients until combined but still chunky. Slice loaf into ½” slices. All photos found on Greedy Gourmet are available for licensing. 2 heads roasted garlic (instructions in notes). So shoving those pieces of meat into a sandwich with a rich sauce is the perfect solution. Subscribe to get our latest recipes, cooking tips, and entertaining ideas delivered directly to your inbox. You can also arrange the cloves in a single layer on a plate or tray and pop them in the freezer. Learn how to make you own honey mustard dressing here. Spread aioli on one half of the bread. You could also use all these ingredients to make a delicious lamb burger! At MyGourmetConnection we have more than a thousand easy-to-make recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients. Love your recipes, could you email them to me? For some, the taste of lamb meat can be quite overwhelming and gamey, but that’s what makes lamb so unique. Experiment with different sauces or fillings and put your own twist on this sandwich. It’s more savoury than sweet and, again, is an excellent option with lamb. Place the roasted garlic cloves on a cutting board, mash with a fork and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until the garlic is soft and sweet and set aside until cool enough to handle. The sauce that makes up the lamb sandwich is also an integral part of making this sandwich a success. Stuffed Lamb Breast with Apple Cider Glaze, What I Learned My First Year as a Food Blogger, Homemade Cornbread Dressing (Stuffing) with Sausage, Holiday Turkey Meatballs with Pomegranate Glaze. Thanks olive, Your email address will not be published. It is rich in essential nutrients like protein, niacin and vitamin B12! Here are some ideas that may inspire you! The site started as a simple hobby site dedicated to the great Lamb Sandwich, aka Gyros, Sharwarma and Kebab; it has now evolved… The old and only page has stayed as a link but now the site hosts a number of essays and stories. I still remember biting into the Yorkshire pudding wrap that had leftover pieces of pork oozing with apple chutney. Here’s a question for you. I think if you buy a leg of lamb over the counter, this idea of a left over lamb sandwich might be a bit far fetched! Once frozen they can be transferred to a zip-top freezer bag and kept for up to a month. Lynne Webb is the editor, publisher and recipe developer. Nothing goes to waste in my kitchen! Ultimately, it made the meat more juicy and complemented the roast flavours very well. These sandwiches are made with slices of roasted leg of lamb, fresh spinach, tomato, sweet onion and a topping of roasted-garlic mayo. Now do you believe me that lamb supports a healthy diet? Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor. That being said, bread is also a very dry element so I highly recommend you include a sauce that helps bind all the ingredients together. Place a layer of spinach leaves on the bottom, top with onion, tomato and lamb. These include: Whichever bread you choose, you won’t regret making this lamb sandwich! This sandwich recipe combines thin slices of roasted leg of lamb with fresh spinach, sliced tomatoes and sweet onion. Place sliced lamb roast on top of greens. It can be savoury or sweet, the choice is completely yours. In a steady stream, add olive oil while food processor is on. If you’ve made roast lamb but don’t know what to do with the leftovers, then make this easy leftover lamb sandwich recipe. RELATED:Herb-Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb Recipe. So best buds! Get our latest recipes, cooking tips, and entertaining ideas delivered directly to your inbox. These support energy production and the nervous system, so after eating lamb regularly you should start feeling more energised. If you’ve never tried a couple of lamb recipes, you’ll never know just how amazing and healthy lamb actually is. With lamb sandwich fillings of mint pesto, pickled red onions, dressed red baby butter lettuce, aioli, on whole wheat artisan bread. She cuts lamb leg steak into thin slices before quickly searing in a hot pan until nice and brown on the outside yet still pink in the middle. Cover the second slice of bread with jam. Our goal is to inspire our readers to make flavorful, creative food, whether it's for a quick weeknight meal, family dinner or holiday celebration. Karen also shares a fantastic recipe for onion jam, but of course you can use a good quality shop-bought version if you're short on time. Hence, I drew inspiration for making a leftover Sunday roast lamb sandwich so as to not waste the deliciously and carefully prepared meat. Your email address will not be published. Don’t shy away from this Middle Eastern bread. Pulse until combined. Toss greens in red wine vinegar and olive oil. leftover lamb sandwich – best fillings. While browsing through Jamie Oliver’s lamb recipes, I came across this beautiful Sunday roast recipe involving a leg of lamb. Alternatively, go to Stock Photos to see what's available. This is a list of notable sandwiches.A sandwich is a dish consisting of two or more pieces of bread with one or more fillings between them, or one slice in the case of an open sandwich.Sandwiches are a common type of lunch food often eaten as part of a packed lunch.There are many types of sandwiches, made from a diverse variety of ingredients. With leg of lamb being such a chunky type of meat, it made me think that there is no way one can finish an entire leg of lamb in a single serving. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice and thyme leaves and  combine until smooth. I like using this recipe for my pickled red onions! Drizzle with the olive oil and wrap loosely in aluminum foil. There’s nothing more satisfying than making a delicious leftover lamb sandwich. In addition, it is low on sodium. Topped with a simple spread made with roasted garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice and thyme and served on a soft roll, this sandwich … See more ideas about Lamb sandwich, Lamb, Food. So give them all a go and try your hand at this easy lamb sandwich recipe as a start! Caramelised onion chutney can be used instead of jam. Thanks for visiting. Karen's fantastic lamb steak sandwich recipe is a snip to prepare. This is the perfect way to use up roasted leg of lamb leftovers.