Serve immediately! Servings 4 Add the butter to the mixer. Scoop out heaping teaspoons of dough, then roll them into balls between your hands. Some kitchen tools are unitaskers, but not this one! Pour in 8 cups of water (give or take), stir it around, then give it a taste. I seriously don’t know what came over my freaky pink alien claw in this shot, but I do know I’m frightened. Throw ’em onto a cooling rack and let ’em cool completely. Using a hand or stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until combined. Add the 3 tablespoons of citrus zest. To make the icing combine the one egg white with the rest of the icing ingredients (except extra zest for sprinkling). 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter 5 eggs 3 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup I am usually a chocolate cookie kind of person (but really I am just a cookie, pie, cupcake, ice cream, brownie kind of person) but these were great. Next, violently grab lemons, limes, and oranges from your produce drawer. In the middle of my dang month-long sugar fast. water, and food coloring as desired (for multiple colors, make multiple batches). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Top with the other half of the crumb mixture, but don't press. 2 tbsp Lemon juice. Add egg yolks and mix until combined (set whites aside for the icing.) Roll out dough onto 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. (I  didn’t always roll them, as long as they were decently round and I think mine looked good). Then add some of the juice—orange, lemon, and lime. Then I decided to add some lime because I thought it would be prettier. Drizzle the icing across the cookies in several lines and then repeat in other direction. I was looking for a light cookie that would freeze and travel well and couldn't find one, so I created these. Using a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until combined. apart on ungreased. Here is a picture of the cookies in the cookbook. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Pour in 3/4 of the syrup, then top off the vat with ice. No wonder Ree loves this recipe…it’s so dang easy! round cookie cutter. Normal Pioneer Woman style. Gradually beat in flour. Add more syrup if it needs sweetness, or more water if it needs dilution. 5. I knew I wanted to do a egg white-based icing drizzle, so in order to use the whole egg, I went ahead and added the yolks to the cookie dough. Citrus Butter Cookies Cookies: 2 large eggs. Working with 5 or 6 at a time, roll still-warm cookies in sugar mixture to coat. Preparation time 20mins COOKIES: ( Log Out /  Divide dough in half, slightly flatten between 2 sheets of waxed paper, and refrigerate for 1 hour (or freeze for 20 minutes). Enter a recipe name, ingredient, keyword... 4 sticks (1-pound) salted butter, softened, 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (or 1 tablespoon of each), 3 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus extra for decorating, 1 tablespoon lime zest, plus extra for decorating. Recipe by Laura Sartin. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Put icing in pastry bag or ziplock bag with tip cut off. It’s the perfect tool for taking off the flavorful, aromatic colored part while leaving the bitter pithy white part below. They’re really best if they’re hardly brown at all…so watch ’em! Powered by Brandeploy Bake 16-19 minutes or until edges are light brown. Recently I made The Pioneer Woman’s Citrus Butter Cookies and let me tell people, they were DELICIOUS. This recipe is perfect for a bake sale or any occasion when you need to fill up your dessert table in a hurry. the pioneer woman lemon cookies simple rib oreo cakes red chilli pumpkin and red lentil curry dooky chase peach cobbler kris' lentil sausage soup berry mi su chef john s turkey brine pumpkin and maple ice-cream sandwiches fried tacos floury baps, ©2020 CRECIPE.COM ‐ All rights reserved, images owned by us or indexed sites. These cookies can be made any time of the year, but go especially well with poolside sunshine in the summertime. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. And place the balls onto a large cookie sheet and bake them for about 13 minutes. Dump all the zest into the dough. 6. ( Log Out /  Place 1 in. In a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Add powdered sugar to one of the egg whites. Last but not least, the most well-known use is for zesting citrus. Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters. I ate three cookies. *Note: If you’d prefer not to use the raw egg white, you can use meringue powder mixed with a little water (equivalent measurements are on the packages of meringue powder.). 1. ICING: Adapted from foodnetwork.com. Naked and wrong. Lemon, lime, orange heaven. Yes, I still have chocolate on my mixer. 2 tbsp Lime, zest. Use a spatula to remove them and cook completely. This entry was posted on September 5, 2012, in, The Pioneer Woman’s Citrus Butter Cookies. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. Add milk, and mix. Find more useful information here. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch. Add the lemon and lime zest. Add the powdered sugar, cream of coconut, lemon, and lime zest, milk, coconut extract, salt, egg white, and lemon and lime juice to a large bowl. The Easiest, Yummiest Sugar Cookies EVER!!! The Pioneer Woman's Coconut-Lime Butter Cookies, World Famous Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Use a spatula to move them to a cooling rack to cool completely. I don’t know what came over me. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. When the cookies are cool, make the icing. 1/4 tsp Baking soda. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Preheat oven to 325°. Just keep it in the fridge and it’ll be okay for a bit. A delicious glazed cookie with the zesty deliciousness of orange, lemon, and lime. If it’s too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. 3. Add egg, and beat until light and fluffy. Cut into squares and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until cool. Do it quick before fall gets here! Recent recipes I am classy like that- iPhone picture of a picture. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, then blend into creamed mixture. Cut with a floured 2-in. Grab a teaspoon of dough at a time and roll it into a neat and tidy little ball…. Transfer shapes to lightly greased cookie sheets. Whisk thoroughly until combined, adding either more powdered sugar or more juice until it reaches a pourable consistency. Place them on a cookie sheet. Remove from oven but keep on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare White Icing: In large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar … Drizzle the icing across the cookies in several lines, and then repeat in the other direction. I made some simple butter cookies yesterday and decided to add some lemon. Set aside one of the egg whites for the icing. Sprinkle them with extra zest before the icing sets. They are so good you won't be able to eat just one.—Brenda Brooks, Bowie, Maryland, Lemon-Lime Butter Cookies Recipe photo by Taste of Home, Prep: 20 min. Next, add 2 tablespoons of citrus juice and mix until the dough comes together. 2. You will get your private online COOKBOOK for free! Cooking time 35mins Ree’s pro tip: Let the cookies cool for a full 30 minutes before icing them. (You can halve this recipe if you’d like!). Three. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Good appetite! 3 T orange, lemon, and lime zest (1 T of each) 4 c. flour. Bake 6 to 8 minutes; do not allow cookies to brown. Remove from the oven but keep the cookies on the baking sheet for 3 to 4 minutes. I didn’t take any pictures, I apologize, but luckily Mrs. Ree has them on her website and in her second cookbook. Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. Get one of our The pioneer woman lemon cookies recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. I’m a woman of many surprises, I tell you. 3 Eggs, large. By lindaauman. “It comes from my mom, Gee, who used this simple but flavorful sugar cookie dough to make cookies for any occasion.”.