He doubted these employees. He could see a bleak future for him and his family. The postmaster and other employees laugh at Lencho’s letter to God. But suddenly a strong wind began to blow and along with the rain very large hailstones began to fall. Then he lingers back to his village house in the valley. iv) What does that word ‘conscience’ in the extract mean? I called early in the hope of speaking to her before she went to school. Question 2 : What did Lencho compare the raindrops to and why? In this article, you will be reading about a letter to God summary. The Canterville Ghost Summary by Oscar Wilde, Mr Know All Summary by William Somerset Maugham, When Mr Pirzada Came to Dine Summary by Jhumpa Lahiri, The Nightingale and the Rose Summary by Oscar Wilde, The Postmaster Summary by Rabindranath Tagore. For an hour the hail rained on the house, the garden, the hillside, the cornfield, on the whole valley. Lencho.”. (whose). The survival of Lencho and his family depended on that field as he was a farmer. Lencho was worried for his family. Answer : Lencho was filled with grief after the hail stopped as everything was ruined and there was nothing he could feed his family with. I hope you don’t mind my saying this but I don’t like the way you are arguing. His was the only house in the entire valley. His firm faith in God made him angry when he found only seventy pesos in the envelope and he called the post office employees a ‘bunch of crooks’. They collected seventy pesos and sent it to Lencho. But instead of rain, there came a hailstorm that destroyed the corn in the field. Answer : There were only seventy pesos in the envelope whereas Lencho had demanded a hundred pesos. Though Lencho was a poor farmer and had lost all his crops, he had firm faith in God. Back to: CBSE 10th English Chapters Summary. Question 1 : Who does Lencho have complete faith in? Why happened to Lencho’s fields? Lencho again writes a letter to God to send him rest of the money. Answer : Lencho was a hardworking farmer who lived on the crest of a low hill with this family. From this height, he could see his crops and the river flowing. Lencho had great faith to God. Answer : Lencho had firm faith in God. Answer : This man, whom I trusted, cheated me. He collected seventy pesos and handed the envelope to Lencho himself in which he also contributed a part of his salary. Lencho called them a bunch of crooks. ii) What did hailstones resemble in the extract? Answer : The postmaster laughed when he read Lencho’s letter but soon he became serious and was moved by the writer’s faith in God. Greedy, Naive, Stupid, Ungrateful, Selfish, Comical, Unquestioning. The story here is the one taking place in a Latin American country. Question 3 : How did the rain change ? Answer : a) Not a lead remained on the trees. Lencho’s heart sinks into melancholy. “Now we’re really going to get some water, woman.”, The woman who was preparing supper, replied, “Yes, God willing”. The Postmaster’s Letter to Lencho’s Letter. The postman upon seeing the letter laughed whole-heartedly and showed the letter to his superior officer who was a good person. But there was no one to help him in his difficult situation. iv) Lencho prayed to God. (e) showing concern that what you say should not offend or disturb the other person on a way of being polite. His field was full of ripe corn and easily visible from the house. Surrounded by a loving family and community, and armed with the courage of his faith, he faces his daily battle against cancer with bravery and grace. He further goes on to request God to send the rest of the amount directly to him as he was still in desperate need of divine help. Here, the postmaster and other employees lay an example of humanity and kindness for others. All through the night, Lencho thought only of his one hope: the help of God, whose eyes, as he had been instructed, see everything, even what is deep in one’s conscience. An unsuspecting substitute postman with his own troubled life becomes entangled in the boy's journey and family by reading the letters. Lencho’s soul was filled with sadness. But soon his joy turned into despair as the rain changed into hailstones which ruined the crops. Plot Keywords iii) These sportspersons are going to meet the President. He was so determined to help Lencho that he himslef contributed a part of his salary for this act of charity. Lencho became angry when he saw seventy pesos in the envelope as he had demanded a hundred pesos.