Oooo #GoTeamBeca ! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Chocolate muffins with hot chocolate custard 53 ratings 3.8 out of 5 star rating These classic cocoa puddings with a hot chocolate sauce contain just 215 calories each - and there's a lemon version too Scoop Firstly, place the milk with 55ml of water into a saucepan and warm until just tepid, enough to take the chill off. Gently take the risen dough and roll it out to about 1cm thick. https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/mary-berrys-fast-cheesy-herb-muffins Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, Don’t knock the dough back as you would usually or they will be very dense. While I’m glad I made these to the original recipe because the flavour is delicious, I will try baking them in the oven next time, as has been suggested online, for a healthier treat. Stir in the hazelnuts, dried cherries and dried cranberries. I followed MBs recipe in her “complete cook book” which called for wholemeal flour. Leave to cool. I have that book too, I didn’t even look in there! Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases. The cheese is lovely and oozy if you serve them warm. Take your pick from tempting chocolate or fruit versions, plus cheesy savoury bakes. I always seem to get a runt when I bake, and give them extra love . Jam-packed with recipes from the BBC Two series of the same name, Quick Cooking offers up 120 recipes all with Mary's signature flair for reliable, accessible, delicious meals. The flavours of a rhubarb crumble in the form of a lovely moist muffin. There's nothing like a big breakfast at home, and I don't mean just the food. We’d love to pop into your email inbox every week with inspiring recipes, cookbook news and foodie give-aways. Take your pick from tempting chocolate or fruit versions, plus cheesy savoury bakes. See more Kid-friendly brunch recipes (18). I can highly recommend them for a weekend brekkie. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Pour in the wet ingredients and gently stir everything together using a fork. ( Log Out /  If you want to make your own, you can find the recipe in Mary Berry’s Baking Bible, Mary Berry’s Complete Cookbook or there are some very similar recipes online, A few notes on my experience of making English muffins. In the swinging '60s she became the cookery editor of Housewife magazine, followed by Ideal Home magazine. Egg Muffins - perfect for breakfast on the go. Registered number: 861590 England. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan/400°F/gas 6). The best way to eat them! We are no longer accepting comments on this article. Get our latest recipes, competitions and cookbook news straight to your inbox every week ( Log Out /  Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Home; About Me; Recipe Index; Tuesday, October 13, 2015. We use cookies on this site and by continuing to browse it you agree to sending us your cookies. Eaten cold, they are still fragrant, with a nice saltiness from the cheese and olives. Published: 19:01 EST, 23 August 2014 | Updated: 19:02 EST, 23 August 2014. Make a well in the center of the flour and stir in the yeast mixture. • If you can’t find muffin cases, you could use cupcake cases; they are larger than fairy cake cases, but not quite as deep as muffin cases, so the mixture may stretch to a few extra muffins. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/speedy_cheesy_muffins_10347 Adding these to your bread baking repertoire is a step you should take, they are quicker to make than a loaf and feel a little bit more decadent with any meal than just a slice of bread (even home-made). If you can find the Greek cheese kefalotiri use this, or parmesan, for cheesy flavour, This simple cinnamon-spiced muffin recipe contains fibre-packed prunes and oats – perfect for breakfast on-the-go or as an afternoon pick-me-up, Got a sweet tooth? Savoury muffins are so much quicker to make than bread. Eat immediately or set aside to cool and store in an airtight container, toasting as required. (Looks aren’t everything) Vegetable Lasagna. *fingers crossed*. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Fruity and lightly spiced, these muffins make a tempting mid-morning snack and go surprisingly well with cheese at lunchtime. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and melted butter, then pour into the dry ingredients and quickly mix together. I wish I had ignored as used white though. Wholemeal is better for you so you have virtuous muffins Are they yum? Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. To cook, melt butter in a large frypan, dust the muffins with cornflour and fry on a medium heat for 7 minutes on each side. Defrost and warm through at a low heat in the oven to refresh. BBC Good Food online webinarsExpand your cooking skills with our online masterclasses. ( Log Out /  Love the teeny one! The cornflour I happened to have from the American Style Cornbread Muffins recipe but semolina or polenta will do the job. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Despite the incredible amount of butter they’re cooked in, I managed to polish off two fresh out of the pan. Best made and eaten on the day but will keep for 2 days in the fridge in an airtight container. ( Log Out /  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Mary Berry trained at The Cordon Bleu in Paris and Bath School of Home Economics. Breakfast on the Go - Egg Muffins. This delicious recipe for cheese and herb muffins, which appears in Mary Berry's BBC 2 Series, Quick Cooking, is an easy and quick option for a savoury snack or side dish. ( Log Out /  Place the muffins on a greased tray and allow to rise for about 30 minutes. Store in fridge and reheat as needed. Leave them in their tin for 1-2 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack. Sift in 400g self-raising flour and 1 tsp salt (or 400g plain flour and 3 tsp baking powder if using) then mix until just smooth. Remove the muffins from the oven. Make them for your toddler as a snack, or for lunch, These easy vegan breakfast muffins with muesli and pecans are perfect for making ahead of time and freezing in batches for a quick morning snack, These simple gluten-free muffins are full to bursting with crunchy amaretti biscuits and creamy Greek yogurt for a light-textured sponge. We’d love to pop into your email inbox every Friday with foodie give-aways, cookbook news and inspiring recipes just like these. https://riversidebaking.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/mary-berrys-english-muffins Read about our approach to external linking. Who better to inspire* an English Muffin recipe than the very English Mary Berry? They’re best eaten fresh, but will keep for up to two days. Mary Berry’s recipe is much the same but used more milk and flour and I only wanted a small batch.