I’ve never thought about adding oreos! slightly less ooey gooey factor, use 16 ounces of marshmallows instead of 20 ounces. Oreo Rice Krispie Treats July 15, 2020 | Desserts , Recipes These are your favorite childhood treats taken up a notch in these Oreo Rice Krispie Treats with … They are wicked good! Lately, we’ve become obsessed with adding Oreos every time we make them. I decided to do an instructable on Rice Krispies because I wanted to do something that I know other people might like and something that I think that is easy to do.

Keep blending the Oreos until it is just tiny bits of the Oreos left. Eight Years Ago: Loaded Baked Potato Salad, {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Perfect Oreo Rice Krispie Treats","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Mel"},"datePublished":"2019-09-13","image":["https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/oreo-rice-krispies3-720x720.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/oreo-rice-krispies3-720x540.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/oreo-rice-krispies3-720x405.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/oreo-rice-krispies3-735x490.jpg"],"prepTime":"PT10M","cookTime":"PT10M","performTime":"PT10M","totalTime":"PT20M","recipeIngredient":["1\/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) butter, softened (I use salted)","20 ounces marshmallows, large or mini (see note)","1 teaspoon vanilla extract","Pinch of coarse, kosher salt","7 cups (7 ounces) rice krispies (or other brand) cereal","20-24 Oreo cookies (about 8-10 ounces), coarsely chopped or crushed"],"recipeInstructions":[{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Butter the bottom and sides of a 9X13-inch pan. saucepan, add remaining mini marshmallows to saucepan and stir until the 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) butter, softened (I use salted) Stir until evenly combined; scrape up the bottom of the pan really well to make sure to incorporate all the marshmallows. That is the key to a soft and yummy Rice Krispie Treat. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I want one every day for the rest of my life.

Brown Butter: You certainly don't have to brown the butter in this recipe, but it adds great flavor. Don’t forget to show me a pic of what you made!

. Hi Mel! That all being said, I totally love this recipe and will probably never make rice krispie treats the same way again. 10 minutes Ever want a tasteful treat to bring to a party. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Set aside. Thank you so much! The next step is too grab the Oreos in the blender. Some people don't like just plain old Rice Krispies so I thought of some things I can add into the Rice Krispies and I came up with a perfect idea. I have made this recipe no less than a dozen times.

You won’t regret it. This is an awesome recipe. I actually didn’t even know my kids checked my blog.

7 cups (7 ounces) rice krispies (or other brand) cereal Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. No fair! They were excellent!!”. Keep mixing until it is fully combined. Start by melting butter and marshmallows together using one of the methods outlined above. What a fun spin on traditional Rice Krispie treats!

I don’t know why Oreo even bothers to make the original stuffed anymore.

Let cool before slicing into squares. especially if they are super gooey….. Have you ever added a can of sweetened condensed milk after marshmallows are melted….. they stay fresh and soft for days… ( if they last that long)…. Thanks so much, Vicki – what a fun grandma you are!

In this instructable, this recipe will make up 1 tray of Oreo rice Krispie, 10 oz bag of Jet Puffed miniature marshmallows. Your email address will not be published. https://www.thecookierookie.com/oreo-rice-krispie-treats-recipe Here at The Cookie Rookie you will find trusted and easy recipes for every occasion. 4 tablespoons European Style Salted Butter, cut into small pieces In conclusion, the recipe came out how it was supposed to look and taste like. Added a few extra jumbo marshmallows to compensate. Right.

Remove from heat and pour over the cereal mixture. Please read my disclosure policy. Worked better than chopping. I decided to use Oreo because a lot of people like oreos. I like to use a sandwich bag to grease the pan and then reserve that bag to press the top of my Krispies. Now I’m going to have to be careful what I say about them! just another little trick….. I’m going to try this recipe… I love Oreos…. Oreo Rice Krispie Treats are a delightful blend of cereal bar goodness with the perfection of cookies and cream ice cream. Add the remaining 8 cups of … Rice krispy bars will freeze well for up to 6 weeks. Rice krispy treats are taken to another level with this cookie and cream variation! Then you turn on the blender. -Oreos (I use exactly 24; follow your own moral compass). Then, you are going to grab your measuring cup and pour 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal in the large bowl. If you are in the mood for snacking, be sure to check out my Candied Corn Puffs Snack Mix and Salted Caramel Puppy Chow. And a little goes a long way here. Savages!

It’s much easier to chip your double stuff Oreos if they have been chilled. Hi, I’m Becky Hardin. Place the mixture into a tin and press down. I always get compliments and a lot of “oh wow! I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! When you are done mixing it, I suggest that you put all together in the middle into like a circle because it will really help you get it off the pan when you put it into the tray. After that, grab your big spoon and mix them together. (Cue the peanut gallery: wild applause).

Measuring Cups As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. .

Please try again.

Spread evenly into the prepared pan. One Year Ago: Easy Thai Burgers with Peanut Sauce Haha. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/rice-krispies-recipes In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Spray your pot with the cooking spray. Pour in the cereal and vanilla and stir til almost combined. We’ve also used peanut butter Oreos AND added a spoonful of peanut butter in with the marshmallows.
I feel like these are asking to be half dipped in chocolate. And not using double stuffed, Sula?

Thanks! Added the salt and vanilla as it said above and beat it all together until well blended. I’ve included weight measures in the recipe below to help out any potential cookie conversions. Now THAT is worth celebrating!! Stir everything to coat the cereal mixture with marshmallow goodness. Then came the Double Stuf. Classic Rice Krispie Treats are one of the best no-bake Snack Recipes to make all summer long. Then, melt butter in a saucepan, add remaining mini marshmallows to saucepan and stir until the marshmallows have melted completely into the butter. In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low or medium-low heat and let it cook until the solids start … A little smidgeon of salt goes a long way to break up the one-note sweetness of the marshmallows. Three Years Ago: Pressure Cooker Refried Beans I personally think of Every day as Oreo day LOL. So I really suggest others to do this. Soft, chewy, with a little extra sumthin sumthin from the brown butter. Thanks!

Add the marshmallows and cook on low, stirring constantly until mostly melted, a few small lumps here and there are ok. Add the vanilla and salt and stir to combine. And I don’t know about you, but there is nothing like going in for a much-anticipated ooey gooey rice krispie treat only to take a tentative bite and end up with crackly, crispy shards of crystallized marshmallow and crispy cereal flying everywhere leaving you with a sore palate and a longing heart. I told someone about this comment and they just sent me a text saying “YES to the SC milk!

Pepper Steak – Instant Pot or Slow Cooker (Crock Pot), Over 450 billion Oreos have been sold since their introduction, Oreos are sold in more than 100 countries worldwide, Oreos are 71% cookie and 29% creme filling. I never thought to even do that!” (Fruity Pebbles also work, especially with kids.) Two Years Ago: Whole Grain Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Cake PLUS get our FREE ebook! Enjoy! Let them stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. I like substantial pieces of cookies here and there in the rice krispie treats, so I go for more of a coarsely chopped effect.