Let us know, Copyright ©2020 Citizens Advice. Does anyone know anything about maternity pay for the NHS? Your contract or employee handbook will tell you how long you need to spend back at work to keep your full contractual maternity pay. If you get another NHS job then its counted as continuous employment (that's one of the benefits of being employed by the NHS) so you wouldn't need to pay back the maternity pay. <>>> endobj $.' Claiming compensation for a personal injury, Help for victims of rape and sexual violence, Keeping your family in the UK after Brexit, Getting a visa for your spouse or partner, Discrimination in health and care services. <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 595.32 841.92] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> NHS Choices - Information on hospitals, conditions and treatments. You can appeal if they don’t follow the process or give acceptable reasons. It works out your Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and NHS Occupational Maternity Pay and provides a monthly net pay amount after deducting your tax, pension contributions and student loan. if you earnt an extra £5,000 on enhanced pay you would still be 'up' even paying out for childcare for 3 months afterwards and then leaving anyway IYKWIM? The Employee Relations Department will be in touch with you by letter, not earlier than 28 days before the end of your paid maternity leave to ask your intentions for returning to work. firsttimemum6 Tue 01-Aug-17 09:26:53. They are making it up GB and need to read their own policies. 6 0 obj You can take steps to resolve an unfair dismissal, starting with talking to your employer. x��Z[o�~7������x�( <> The average is calculated from the pay you actually received in the eight weeks or two months up to the last pay day before the end of the qualifying week. Check whether your redundancy is fair to make sure your employer is following the rules. Ask questions, share advice and connect with other brides and grooms. I am a band 5 staff nurse and had my part time working request turned down- am now wondering how much I would actually have to pay back and would it be cheaper than 2 lots of child care fees! Any March 2021 Brides?! If, however, you subsequently decide that you do wish to return to work, your entitlement will be in accordance with returning to work pay/leave (see section 4a). Hi, Does anyone know anyone who has paid back their NHS maternity pay instead of returning to work for the 3 months. If you return part-time 'officially' it's still only 3 months you have to work to avoid paying back your enhanced mat pay. endobj I think its quite generous, the time for getting another NHS job before you have to pay the money back. Some employers offer contractual maternity pay that is better than Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and this is something that trade unions can negotiate with employers. Make sure you get paid for any holiday you have left - including the time you built up while you were on maternity leave. Citizens Advice is an operating name of the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux. �K�>$Y�dj�z2c)�m�:7��Ӭ*Du����Tn:7�skJ���p�-ctl���*R�`x��0���_�I8Ý;N}?\�LJlX5���2N�K�:"��ƳE�l% ��'��N�}o�����w����ӫ���ou�m��O�\�m�$ ٫�O�Ǜ]e)�[��sN��lݠq�_8i;���AZ� ���#�-��ؙ�����"���|+�z� You wont be losing money by paying for childcare but you will essentially be working for nothing BUT if you've earnt an extra £5k for example on the enhanced pay it's worth it! If you receive contractual maternity pay and you decide not to return to your job, you only have to repay it if this was agreed in advance or specifically stated in your maternity policy or your contract. endobj E.g. endobj You have extra rights if you’re made redundant on maternity leave. That would maybe help with the drop in income. You can even elect to spread this over the 12 month leave period which could help you to budget and reduce the tax you pay. Although we're completely into creating a great vibe and having an great party, we've been... Hiiii So me and my partner got engaged in 2019 and have finally set a date in 2022. If you definitely accrue 30 days leave then you will be able to use this at the end of your Maternity Leave so you would only have under 2 months to work. Honestly, don't let them pressure you or get yourself stressed out. My partner and I got engaged a couple of months ago, and due to a house move, we... Hi all I'll probably get laughed off the forum, but we're supposed to be getting married end of March next year, but everything's just been on hold as we don't know what to do re the current... I’ve had nothing but bridesmaid drama since I chose her as my bridesmaid.