It adds some additional moisture without adding heaviness. It's filled and frosted with a rich chocolate frosting. The frosting is a typical peanut butter american buttercream and it’s delicious! That is why I don’t bake that much any more like I use to. Unfortunately the UK do not stock p.nut butter chips, so I ommited them and decorated the cake for a birthday as you would on any frosting.. i used choc guitars p.nut m and m’s etc as the birthday boy at 60 loves metal music/ guitars and p.nut butter. For the cake: Position an oven rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter two 9-inch round cake pans, and line the bottom of each with a round piece of parchment. The second time I added more moisture (increased the water to match the milk), used 1/2 cake flour, 1/2 regular flour, and also beat the egg whites and folded into the completed batter (egg yolks went into the batter). The frosting also came out great! Maybe I wasn’t trying hard enough. I’ll update after the family dives in! Thanks Yvonne! Sprinkle over the chocolate chips along with the pieces of pretzel and honeycomb, then chill until solid. I used rice milk for the cake. Place mini peanut butter cups on each dollop. Yay!!! This a new cake recipe as part of my [Ultimate cake releases] here on my blog (many more to come). 3. If the cake is cool and the peanut butter picks up some cake crumbs – don’t worry! I am just curious about the type of peanut butter you used. Came out really good. Do i need to keep this cake in fridge? Family said it tasted okay, but will not make it again. She can be up in our bedroom fast asleep and I’ll open a jar and all of sudden she appears right beside me. chocolate chips….)? If you’re making three layers, it’ll be less time. The flavors were peanut butter everywhere. I used the smooth Jif. Why water? That’s awesome! Hey! Chill for 1 hr for the ganache to set. I’m a big fan of using sour cream. The ultimate cake for celebrations Thank you, Peanut Butter & Cocoa Pebbles for sponsoring this incredibly sweet post 7 Layer Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Now this is what I call the ultimate celebration dessert. Then you’ve got vanilla extract and some sour cream for adding additional moisture. I bake something from your blog at least once a week!! cups. Add the milk mixture and mix until well combined. Please read my privacy policy. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. What can be used instead of sour cream? Any thoughts, comments or experience with doing this? Required fields are marked *. Thanks for the recipe I will be keeping this recipe for sure. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with this cake. Granted, I usually prefer less sweet frostings but my roommate also thought the frosting was too sweet and lacked peanut butter flavor. I have honestly never worked with that kind of butter before, so I’m not sure. At this stage, they can be frozen, well wrapped, for up to eight weeks. Hello, I was wondering about baking the cake layers and freezing. Peanut butter cake was one of the very first cake recipes I made from scratch. I will be doing it as a two layer – 9in pans. Bring on the sugar! i made this today to the letter however my cakes seem very dense. Total 50 minutes. bag peanut butter chips (save some to garnish) 18 graham crackers. To make the ganache, heat the cream in a small pan until steaming. Sandwich the three cakes together with the peanut butter icing. Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Author: Michelle. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. I can’t understand what I did wrong, but either way the icing was to die for. Spread evenly with 1/2 cup cream mixture. It it really 9 cups of powdered sugar in the frosting? I made the icing as directed, and as soon as the melted chips hit the cream cheese, I had bits of the chips throughout the icing. Is it jarred (Jif) or homemade?? Recipe from Good Food magazine, April 2019. Tip the dark chocolate into a bowl, then pour over the cream. Cook 20 minutes. Are you sure you fully creamed the butter and sugar?