Great! I opted to add some blueberries and raspberries instead of the chocolate chips (since I also made your double chocolate zucchini muffins today) and they are amazing! I used coconut milk and coconut yogurt instead of what was listed and they turned out so fluffy and yummy!! 1 egg These were super easy and turned out great for me! One addition I always make is 1/4 cup of chopped pecans, and I make the switch to mini chocolate chips, and whole milk greek yogurt as apposed to fat free. Do you have a gluten free alternative you’d recommend? Eating them right now! Thanks for a great no fault recipe. I made a double batch and followed the recipe pretty much to the tee, only my bananas were frozen/thawed, but that seemed to make no difference . Turned out great! Super most & a great treat! It was nice because I had all of the ingredients at home and used this super simple recipe to kick off my “stock the freezer” mission for when our first baby is born next month. Hope you love these! Do you know what sat. Is it possible to sub the whole wheat flour, baking soda, & salt for Kodiak cakes pancake mix for extra protein? Granddaughters love them, as is or with pb slathered on top. Even got the seal of approval from my SUPER picky boyfriend. Everyone always loves them. I just found you and am so pleased with your recipes. I was looking for a recipe to use up some ripe bananas I had as well as all the dark chocolate I had in the house, and I thought I’d give this one a try. I had no problems at all, they popped right out of the tin without sticking (coconut oil spray) and were perfectly baked after 20 minutes! Thanks for this recipe! I messed up- it worked out to about Cooking time was perfect. Enjoy. These are delicious!! You'll love these easy banana muffins -- made without butter or refined sugar. I tried this recipe twice and followed the instructions exactly but they did not work out either time. They came out perfect! Made these muffins with my daughter this afternoon and they are amazing!!!!! My go-to muffin recipe. Any chance that’s been calculated? Tasted delicious and they turned out perfect! Worked perfectly! Very good ! The banana helps with the consistency and sweetness. I followed the recipe to a tee, had to bake it longer because it was gooey and then after 30-35 minutes, finally took out of oven because very cooked on the outside, but took a bite and still very gooey on the inside. Those add-ins sound amazing! And I’ll have to get those reusable ones too , Ah! Thank you! Perfect! Your email address will not be published. Build Your Bite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, Build Your Bite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Viva Naturals #1 Best Selling Certified Organic Cacao Powder, Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Bob's Red Mill, Pastry Flour, Whole Wheat, 1 medium banana, mashed (around 1/3 cup worth of mashed banana), 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks, + more for topping, In a large bowl, whisk or beat together: greek yogurt, mashed banana, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and melted coconut oil until well combined, In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cacao powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to mix until JUST combined (do not over mix as it will cause denser muffins), Place 12 muffins liners into a muffin tin, Distribute batter evenly into 12 muffin cups, about 3/4 of the way full, Sprinkle on several chocolate chunks to the top of each muffin, Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I made these into mini muffins last night and used mini chocolate chips and they are delicious!!! Now go buy a bag! Texture was really rubbery and stuck to patty pans (made mini muffins). BOOM! Yes – that works! I hated parting with them but after seeing how much my friends enjoyed them it was definitely worth it! It helps to keep the muffins super moist and adds protein to keep you full. And Burch? SUPER!! And great idea with white chocolate + cranberries – YUM. You might want to try my pumpkin muffins: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2014/10/whole-wheat-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins/. thanks for sharing! Thank you for this healthy, easy, and delicious muffin recipe! I also used regular yogurt instead of greek because I didn’t have any greek on hand which made the batter maybe a little more runny but no problem with that either. These are a great snack option . I am working on a post for my blog and have included the ingredients list with a link back to you for the full recipe/instruction. Also if I were to do these in mini muffin tin, are there adjustments to timeout temperature? I didn’t have a muffin pan so I just used a 9×9 brownie pan and adjusted the time and it came out perfect! So: I made it with oatmeal and dates instead of wheat. these turned our amazing! I really enjoy the healthy substitutions you made:) What could I substitute and they would still turn out right? I used granulated sugar in place of honey (didn’t have enough) and I subbed frozen blueberries for chocolate chips (didn’t have any). My mom would love these for mothers day! I keep frozen banana slices on hand to use for smoothies and thawed enough to equal 3 bananas. I’ve tried a couple times and the recipe doesn’t usually turn out like it should. The bananas should yield about 1 1/3 cups mashed for 3 medium sized bananas. I find the parchment paper muffin cups are best to avoid sticking. These muffins are delicious! I’m trying to figure out the point value for Weight Watchers, and I need the saturated fat. The whole family likes them. I made it and it was perfect ! But noted on that for future recipes (and the riper the banana the sweeter the recipe will be ). Gently fold in chocolate chips. Thanks! Pinning these! Xx. I also had no honey but had maple syrup and no egg so used flax meal and water. Can you please advise the measurements in grams? And I use olive oil all the time. 1. Are they holding muffins? The nutrition includes all of the ingredients, so the sugar will be coming from banana, honey and chocolate chips . AMBITIOUSKITCHEN is my favorite new source for fabulous , healthy , beautiful food! YESSS, my boyfriend and I scarfed down these muffins in no time! Sorry to hear that. Definitely keeping the recipe! They were amazing!! As a college student, quick and easy recipes are my go-to. The recipe for these Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins looks delicious and I’m anxious to make them. We know baking muffins sounds a little wimpy but just hear us out. I made these today and substituted the yogurt with unsweetened applesauce, used maple syrup instead of honey and cooked for about 20 min, I also added chopped pecans and they turned out amazing. Could I use agave nectar instead of honey? Hi there! Also I take it out a bit early (18 mins) because I think my oven might be extra powerful. It’s a keeper for sure!! Thanks!! I finally have enough bananas…I’m making these babies today!! Hi! How should these be stored… Room temp in container or in the fridge? Also do you think a df yogurt would work. So happy the whole family loves them . , I made these with my little boys yesterday and they were a HUGE hit – so delicious and they felt like they were getting a treat and I felt great knowing they were pretty healthy – we made mini muffins for lunch boxes and they only took 10 minutes to cook – will definitely be making these again and again! I wouldn’t recommend it! Enjoy! monique,about the vanilla is that vanilla extract or sugar. Hard to believe that healthy can be this good! Very tasty! Today I am going to try to make it as a cake instead of muffins, do I have to make any adjustments? Very pleased and impressed! I’m so happy you're here. I will definitely make them again. Absolutely love your recipes Monique (much love). another wonderful recipe – thank you! I’ve found that unless you have extremely small or extremely large bananas the 3 work just fine! They are very delicate and moist. Hi! Even my 4 year old loves it! Divide batter evenly into muffin tin, sprinkle each muffin with a few more chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Which is a relief, last Pinterest recipe I tried for banana muffins(not yours) were not good, had a bitter taste and were not sweet enough. Thank you for the great recipe. Love your recipes. Can’t seem to find whole wheat pastry or white whole wheat flour. Just asking because my diet right now is a very low sugar and I wanted to make a nice snack and these looked great.