Pipe a dam of frosting around the outside of the cake. I would like to frost the cake without the additional piping. So excited to make this. Mix first on low speed, then increase to medium speed to combine everything. As you add more butter, the mixture will start to clump together a bit a should end up resembling wet sand. Wait what? Oil and line two round 20cm springform cake tins with baking parchment. My parents have a little acreage in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. I am wanting to make this but I know elevations are a huge difference factor in baking. , That is so sweet of you to remember the boys’ birthday! I really like your recipes, I’ve made 2 now, the lemon cheesecake and this one. However, the consistency, taste, and texture of the frosting was actually perfect for me. Also be sure that you’re springform pans don’t leak. At what temperature and time would you say I bake this cake at if I use the 6-inch cake pans. This cake looks delicious. I used Ateco tip 847. Why so many cups for this frosting? Followed it exactly as written, including using the lemon extract in both the cake and the For the large rosettes on top I used an open star tip. So glad to hear the boys are doing great! I dont have three cake pans and was thinking about two 9-inch spring forms instead. Scrape down the sides as needed. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Add cream cheese in small additions and mix until combined, then continue to beat 2 minutes until fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed. Cut the remaining 1 cup of raspberries in half. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then turn speed back up and mix until well combined, about 10-15 seconds. I made your raspberry dream cake today for my husbands birthday and it turned out perfect and it was a big hit with my husband, the sweet lover, and our adult kids and grandkids. Every year their garden produces bountiful crops, including a huge load of raspberries. Sieve the flour, … Frost the cake with it, then decorate it as you like. Thanks for the recipe! Please read my privacy policy. Spread about 1/2 of the filling evenly on top of the cake. « Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream – vegan, dairy free, Soft Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies ». https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/cream-cheese-frosting/. By the way, I made chocolate cupcakes from your recipe…it’s definitely super thumbs up, super moist! I was wondering if you’ve tried substituting the milk with buttermilk? I only have salted butter on hand. I felt like making them a simple pink birthday layer cake with butter, white sugar and flour that brought me back to my cake business days from years ago. I just have a quick question, would I be able to make this cake in a 9×13 pan instead of the 8in rounds? Yes, if it’s going to be outdoors I would agree with you on the frosting. Grease two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans, line bottoms with parchment or wax paper, grease again and dust with flour. 2. I remember really loving the other cake. I promise I won’t use it for every cake now, but I have kind of fallen in love with the texture it gives a cake. And then just to finish off the corners of the cake I did horizontal swipes around the top. Add the cream cheese and butter to a large mixer bowl and beat until well combined and smooth. Your vanilla frosting using butter & shortening would probably be best. 11. I’d love to try it, but would need to make it ahead of time. They look and smell fantastic. I’ve mentioned using the reverse creaming method in a couple of recent cakes and have used it here as well. So I start from the bottom and use my 9 inch offset spatula to create the lines around the bottom first. So it only made sense to make them a raspberry layer cake for their birthdays. I hope you enjoy it! Almost too pretty to eat! My son has asked for a raspberry and lemon curd cake- this looks like an awesome start. Urgent birthday today need know help. Also because the raspberries turn the frosting into a beautiful share of natural pink (no food colouring in this recipe). This White Chocolate Raspberry Cake combines white chocolate cake layers with a white chocolate swiss meringue buttercream, fresh raspberries, and raspberry jam. It is still my go-to recipe when I need a reliable, fail-proof vanilla cake but I need to look up the ingredients and amounts again. Ice Cream, Ice Cream Cakes, Ice Cream Pies, https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/italian-cream-cake/, https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/cream-cheese-frosting/. I’m sorry! Finally, you’ve got a classic cream cheese frosting. 10. And I can’t help but feel some white chocolate ganache would be terrific along with the raspberry filling between the cake layers… . How to replace cake flour? It’s mascarpone or Philadelphia cheese thesame as cream cheese please? I’m glad she said it. Overall, wonderful recipe! Quick question: can I make this cake in a bundt cake pan? Remove cakes from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. One of the best cakes I have ever made. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat together butter, powdered sugar and salt on low until combined, scraping as necessary. I’m going to make this cake for an outdoor event, not sure about using a cream cheese frosting. i did put all three pans in same oven, and they were touching a tiny bit. Yikes. I just made this cake tonight. Question is this cake suppose to be semi dense I’ve made it a couple of times dont know if its me doing something wrong or its just a heavier cake. You can read more about my cream cheese frosting recipe here. Everyone, and especially the two girls were obsessed with eating raspberries straight from the bushes and using them as fingers caps. I used my favorite 9 inch offset spatula to create some decoration around the outside, then adorned it with some fresh raspberries and few pearl sprinkles. Whisk the oil, sugar, eggs and milk in a bowl until smooth. Frosting Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen, Filed Under: Cakes & Cupcakes, Decorated Cakes, Desserts Tagged With: cake, cream cheese, frosting, raspberry, vanilla. My whole family loved it as well as a few friends I delivered a slice to.