Finally, mix in sour cream, whipping cream and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the cocoa, soured cream and vanilla, then the melted chocolate.

Watch the video showing you how to assemble this Red Velvet Cheesecake cake. please click this link to activate your account. Preheat the oven to 150°C, fan 130°C, gas 3. I baked this cake for a friend’s mother (retirement cake) and he said he had to stop eating it because it was so good! I like to shave it onto a paper plater and then just use the plate to slide the chocolate onto the top of the cake. 100g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing, 2 x 154g packs Oreo biscuits (chocolate creme, or regular), or 300g dark chocolate digestives, 2 tubes Dr Oetker food colour gel (or use 2 x 38ml bottles liquid red food colouring, but the colour will be a less intense red), 1 x 350g pack frozen raspberries, defrosted. Put the pan on a baking sheet and bake until set, about 10 minutes.

It really is the most beautiful cake to bake for special occasions. Heat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/gas 4. With 5-star reviews on Amazon, this is definitely a cookbook to have on your cookbook shelf! We have sent you an activation link, Once the first layer of frosting is set, apply the 2nd layer. Hi!

Need more convincing? Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. And all of her measurements include metric as well as standard (a world-friendly baking book). To Michelle Gleason in reference to using red velvet emulsion – GO FOR IT!!!!!

The whole cake is covered with cream cheese frosting.

Otherwise, keep it in the refrigerator. This brilliant hybrid bake does exactly what it says on the tin: layers of light and fluffy red velvet sponge are sandwiched together with a rich cheesecake filling, then slathered in cream cheese icing. Add eggs, oil, buttermilk, food coloring, vanilla and vinegar to the flour mixture. Keep this cake refrigerated. Thanks so much for your help!!! Sign up to our newsletter to enter competitions and receive tasty recipe inspiration every week.

Remove the cheesecake from the freezer, take off the sides of the pan, and slide a knife under the parchment to remove the cheesecake from the pan. Aaaand everyone loved it! Spread the cream cheese frosting all over the top and sides of the cake, then decorate the upper edge with the leftover broken up sponge crumbs. Because you applied a crumb-coat layer, you shouldn't have any red crumbs floating around in the final frosting layer. Measure your cheesecake layer against the cake layers. I don’t know if I’ve ever professed my love for cheesecake before, but for me it’s up there in my top 10 favorite desserts (along with Red Velvet Cake)… so this dessert is like the perfect thing for me.

Top with the cake top. I’ve eaten red velvet cheescake from the cheescake factory many times and this recipe tasted pretty much the same!!

magazine. This unapologetically rich creation by Eric Lanlard combines all the best bits of a red velvet cake and a creamy cheesecake in one. Check out all out celebration cake recipes for birthdays, weddings, holidays and more. Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Place the water in a heatproof jug and add the gelatine powder.

Stir until the gelatine dissolves. Add eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition. Your cake will never taste better!!!

And you’d have to use an 8-inch cheesecake pan too.

It starts with a half-recipe for classic cheesecake, baked in a water bath (details in the recipe below). https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/dessert/red-velvet-cheesecake It’s almost like a giant interior layer of frosting, except that when you bite into it you realize that it’s CHEESECAKE instead. Oh, and it’s slathered in cream cheese icing too…. Images ©Kate Whitaker. This can be done in several hours- or overnight. To shave the white chocolate, I microwave a thick chunk of white chocolate for about 20 seconds to soften it up a bit, then use a potato peeler to shave/curl some decorative pieces. Using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat for 1 minute, until blended.

Run a knife around the edge of the pans, then invert cakes onto a rack to cool completely.

In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix the cream cheese- blend until it is nice and smooth and creamy.