Thanks for waiting. I used chicken tenders, so they were cooked in about 4 hours on low. Add the tomato paste to the juice. 4 Shred chicken meat with forks: When the chicken is done, it should be fork tender. Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Combine chicken broth and taco seasoning mix in a bowl. We used orange juice because we didn’t have pineapple on hand, and we used ketchup because we didn’t have tomato paste on hand. Remove the chicken, shred with two forks, and return to the slow cooker and stir. Give the ingredients a brief stir to distribute the spices. So, what’s your favorite taco filling? I just made this two days ago and used smoked paprika and coriander because I personally love both spices and it worked great. Shredded and returned to the small amount of liquid left and placed on warm. I am always looking for recipes like this that lend themselves to many possibilities. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I might also add some onions to the mix. 71 calories; protein 11.2g 22% DV; carbohydrates 2.4g 1% DV; fat 1.2g 2% DV; cholesterol 30mg 10% DV; sodium 415.4mg 17% DV. Hope that helps; thanks for your question! in the slow cooker, and let it cook for hours. Fill with chicken mixture; top with remaining ingredients. I like the new, improved graphics and makes it even easier to follow. No need to go out for this though, it’s easy to make at home, especially with a slow cooker! Thank you for this recipe it’s my favorite. Place the chicken thighs in a slow cooker. Info. I used a homemade taco seasoning from this site as well as 1 tablespoon of ground coriander and 3 cloves of garlic to amp up the flavor a bit. None left over. I cooked mine on high for only 3 hours took chicken out shredded it and returned to cooker. Thanks for letting us know! Place over medium heat, … Sure! 1 Coat chicken with rub, place in slow cooker: Whisk the rub ingredients together in a bowl. Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes. Given that Seville oranges are rather hard to find, the next best substitute would be regular orange juice (I would use fresh squeezed, not from frozen), with a little lime juice to intensify the acidity. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! Comes out just as good but much faster. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Delicious. Hello! Thank you! Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-8 hours or until meat is easily shred with a fork. Thanks for your question. Use two forks to shred the meat completely in the slow cooker bowl. Hi, Carla! In a medium size bowl, mix broth, taco seasoning and a can of Rotel. We’ve made it several times and have started to double it so we have plenty of leftovers. Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are such an easy meal, either on a busy weeknight or for a party. very good! It also had an odd sweet taste (which other reviewers seemed to like). While I’m sometimes tempted towards chile verde or pulled pork, I usually pick the spicy shredded chicken. Fiesta Slow-Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos Haiku: "Mine shredded at 5, left the chicken there on 'warm' up til dinnertime." I am making this again for sure! And its good!! And if all else fails, add some sauce when serving! I recommend not removing the excess fat that comes with skinless chicken thighs. This looks amazing. I have a question about the recipe. Fiesta Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos, Congrats! 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, Back to Fiesta Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. It’s fun trying out new recipes. I don’t think I’ll be making it again, but if I did, I would definately leave out the cinnamon and the all spice and figure out what to substitute for the pineapple juice. Everything was perfect and everyone went back for seconds (and thirds, and fourths!) No need to go out for this though, it’s easy to make at home, especially with a slow cooker! I’ll bet this shredded chicken would work well with more than just tacos. Hi Meghan, the best substitute for pineapple juice for this recipe would be seville orange juice (sour orange) with some sugar. 5 Serve: Use the taco meat with heated and softened corn tortillas, sprinkle with lime juice, adding garnishes of finely shredded cabbage, thinly sliced radishes, avocado, and cilantro. I made this the day before, 8 hours on low and then shredded it with forks, refrigerated it until 2 hours before serving when I put it back in on low to warm up.My garnishes were finger-shredded cilantro, lime wedges, and a shredded jicama/red bell pepper/red cabbage/red onion/carrot blend. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Now that I got an instant pot, I pressure cook it for 13-15 minutes and NPR. Quick and easy recipe. So easy and flavorful, and our kids always love it! Secure the lid on your slow cooker and cook … Used breasts and they worked well. A nice change from our usual ground beef “taco meat.” Gonna try the leftovers in my freezer burritos! Easy recipes and cooking hacks right to your inbox. Yummy! we made these last night for tacos and then used the left overs for burrito bowls- great recipe – definitely making this again. Do you think smoked paprika (mild, not hot) and coriander could be substituted? I figured this would not be spicy enough for us Soooo this is what I did. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Try lemon or lime juice next time. I had some leftovers so I used it as toppings to my salad with ranch dressing! So, what’s your favorite taco filling? Hi, Lyndsey! Hi Jeff! Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. We’re so glad you liked it! We spiffed up this post to make it sparkle! It was absolutely bomb and I can’t wait to make it again for tacos!!!! Everyone in my house, including 3 picky kids, loved this chicken. Turned out great. In meantime I switched from slow cooker to instant pot. Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. I have made this several times, super delicious and easy. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Finally, it always helps to have an endorsement from an unsuspecting guest. I think this would work great as an empanada filling. I used an entire packet of taco seasoning and added a jar of salsa for some extra flavor. Do you have a recommended substitute for the pineapple for food allergies? I suppose this was due to the pineapple juice, which is a really sweet juice. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Estimated values based on one serving size. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. We're using boneless chicken thighs because they're easier to shred, and you don't end up with stray bits of hard cartilage in your shredded chicken. on Amazon. I then added 1/2 cup of salsa and stirred together and let it sit on warm for about 1 hour. Hi, Crystal! This was very flavorful. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Also added red and green bell peppers, red onions and tomatoes with the chicken. Does the juice disappear after a short time and you’re just left with chicken cooking in the crockpot with nothing to boil in? Please review the Comment Policy. This was so easy and shredded up perfectly in the pot. Slow cookers don’t typically boil off liquid unless something goes dramatically wrong! Also, this shredded chicken is perfect not only for tacos, but also for burritos, tostadas, tamales, or even a taco salad. You saved Fiesta Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos to your. I was wondering with only 6 ounces of pineapple juice and the tomato paste. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I also used a hand mixer on low speed to shred the chicken in the crock pot. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.