There’s a reason that Tombstone is included as one of the best small towns in Arizona. Check out our list of the best small towns to visit in Arizona: 1. I also have to mention that there’s been some contention over whether or not Flagstaff should count as a small town. Use this search bar to book your tour. I went there once a week and could still never be sick of that place! The New York Sun once referred to Jerome as “the wickedest town in the West,” due to the area’s reputation as being a gambling and prostitution hotspot- today you will find that the area is much different. Search for your next tour, activity, or booking here: The people of Williams have worked hard to maintain this historic town. The Spirit Room is described by others as a “clean, friendly biker bar.” It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but the history of the place is very neat. Where to dine: La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, Fargo Steakhouse There’s nothing like MAKING money on vacation! It’s a uniquely structured town based on the concept of ‘arcology,’ which combines architecture and ecology. Best Months to Visit: Summer for fishing and hiking, winter for snow fun, and Fall for leaf peeping! The town’s business directory lists several luxury resorts in the area, including DoubleTree Resort, the luxurious Montelucia Resort & Spa, the SmokeTree Resort, and the Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, just to name a few. Did you know that you can hike the Grand Canyon? These towns are listed in order of size, with the smallest first. I'm just another teacher who loves to travel! Top of that list — Rio Verde. There are a number of wonderful trails around town check out 12 of my favorite Flagstaff trails to get started. The coffee shops here are really great and there are many to choose amongst. Best Months to Visit: May-November. How long will the footprints on the moon last? Which New Zealander has won cycling medals? After all, you know how great you have it. Tombstone is not only a place with cultural interest and a unique history, but it’s one of those small towns you just have to visit on your USA road trip through the Southwest. If you’re looking for a place to stay, start your search at Booking.com. What is the smallest town in Arizona? More on Parks: Data | Homes For Sale, Population: 3,192 If you’re craving a healthier kind of sweet, Berry Divine offers all kinds of Acai bowls, while Local Juicery offers, well local juices! I tend to gravitate toward places with good brews and beautiful views. The rest of the year it is a pretty quiet, laid-back place to base your Northern Arizona vacation, and is conveniently located within a short drive to many wonderful natural attractions. Best Restaurants: Ayothaya has reeeeally good thai food! After all, you know how great you have it. Best Places for Drinks: Wicked City Brew has a dive feel to it, yet it’s warm and cozy, if that makes sense! If you have kids with you (and/or if you enjoy fishing), a visit to one of the few local hatcheries (Page Springs, Sedona’s Rainbow Trout or Sterling Springs) may be worth a visit, as well. Learn how your comment data is processed. Snowshoeing the Aspen Nature Loop at Snowbowl during the snowy winter season. I love reading blogs about Arizona because it brings back memories from our vacation. You can compare all kinds of lodging options at Booking.com. Tombstone fits the bill perfectly. Take a look at my favorite quaint towns in Arizona! Median Income: $79,583 (3rd Best) It’s easy to get around town and there are not a million chains crowding the streets. But if I had to choose, and if you can only go once, visit between March and May. There are also several campsites nearby. Housing costs (Higher is better. If brunch is your thing, Bisbee would need a separate category for that since there are so many options! Here are some (free!) Gorgeous views from the Airport Mesa trail – one of 4 hiking vortexes in the area. The St. Elmo Bar has a fun yet relaxed feel, with affordable drinks. , I really need to explore more of the US! Northern Arizona University (NAU) also has a busy activities calendar, as they often put on concerts and events that attract people from everywhere – so keep an eye on those, as well! If you enjoyed or benefited from what you’ve read, I’d love to hear from you. Check out what’s available during your dates of travel on Booking.com. Note though, that we get some pretty intense monsoon storms throughout July, August and sometimes September! If you try to without a guide and are caught, you can be fined heavily. Median Home Value: $138,200 (33rd Best) The foliage here rivals some of the best in New England. It’s hard to really rank these places among each other, but Greer definitely has earned it’s spot on the list of the absolute, top 10, best small town sin Arizona. Median Home Value: $254,700 (8th Best) You know, I almost didn’t want to include this one on the list. Fall is by far the most gorgeous time to visit as the high altitude trails around town see some of the most amazing foliage in the country. Required fields are marked *. We threw a lot of criteria at this one in order to get the best, most complete results possible. Of course, Flagstaff is most well-known for being just an hour or so from the Grand Canyon, and attracts millions of tourists each year. Dellepiane has a bar/night club scene in the evenings. Weather-wise? Today, you can do much more in Sedona besides simply hiking. Nearby Attractions: Gold King Mine and Ghost Town is a short drive away, and is worth the drive through if you have the time. If you've been looking for a place to live in the past several years, you've probably stumbled upon his writing already. Thankfully, there are ways to save here. More on Pinetop Country Club: Data | Homes For Sale, Population: 4,330 Gorgeous scenery along the South Kalibab trail at the Grand Canyon. I’d usually get my coffee at Macy’s, then join friends at Biff’s Bagels. Since all of Arizona is known for it’s copper mining, you’ll see quite a few options for mine tours – and they can be really fun! Note that there are no designated campsites in these spots; you just find and stay where you can fit. Sweet Treats: Now, THIS town loves it’s desserts. It cannot be missed. In fact, there’s also more than cacti, the Wild West, and delicious Mexican food – though we have all of that, too. This moderate trails takes you on a scenic adventure to the largest natural sandstone arch in the area! DIs you even go to school or are you just talking out of your loser millennial ass? Check out Old Bisbee Roasters, Bisbee Coffee Company and Bathtub Coffee if you have a chance! These Are The Most Segregating School District Borders In The U.S. Must See Attractions: This section could be it’s own guide within itself. According to the last census figures compiled by the United States Census Bureau in 2012, Paradise Valley had a population of about 13,100. Lemmon are all must-sees if you enjoy nature. Sedona has an unmistakable skyline, and it’s notorious. It’s no wonder that Sedona made it on the list of the 10 best small towns in Arizona. Sweet Treats: Bordello Sweets is the real deal! It’s stayed popular due to it’s beautiful, Victorian-era architecture and laid-back vibes. Despite the 4-hour drive each way, people just love it! We said it once and we’ll say it again — this list: it’s just science. For an allergy friendly meal, you cannot beat the 100% gluten-free menu at Picazzo’s. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Best Places for Drinks: When I’ve been to Page, it’s been for camping or church retreats. Matt’s Saloon considers itself to be ‘one of the last true honkytonks.’ It’s like having a bit of Texas in northern Arizona. Going to Williams? Median Home Value: $302,400 (6th Best) Flying Leap Tasting Room is great if you like wine. Note: digging or hunting for crystals used to be very popular in the Diamond Point area near Payson. Looking for a place to stay in Bisbee? More on Centennial Park: Data | Homes For Sale. More demand. Paradise Valley Cancelled Travel Plans Like so many of you, I was absolutely crushed when I realized I had to cancel most of my travel plans for 2020.