Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. I love this recipe, it's so easy, fast and tasty. I'm not sure that I'd make this to eat without the coleslaw and hot sauce to add flavor or some sort of BBQ sauce but it was the perfect recipe for the sandwiches. Holle is a retired English and creative writing teacher. After pulling apart added juice from pan and BBQ sauce.

Believe me, after being tantalized by the smell for hours, you're ready to dive into that butt! Random, use my pulled pork recipe and make you some pulled pork! I had to change it a little bit but only because I could not find a boneless pork roast at my grocer. Thanks! This recipe is awesome! 50 Caliber from Arizona on September 11, 2011: Holle, I love the southern pulled pork and the butts are the stuff, when I smoke I generally do two at a time with my rub and at 200 to 220 degrees in the smoker, at about 7 hours when they have a good smoke ring and are pulling away from the bone, I wrap them in foil and move them to the oven at 200 degrees and go to bed.

You're welcome to sit at my table any time.

Thanks! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

This dish is becoming a regular in my house. I used a 2 lb pork shoulder, and put it all in the crockpot on low for 8 hours. When I'm going to freeze it, I usually cut it into large chunks instead of pulling it. Place pork in a 3- or 4-qt. The shoulder inherently has large amounts of fat and collagen, and when cooked properly, these dissolve into a wonderful texture and flavor. People line up for the tender, saucy pork shoulder at food trucks, barbecue pits, game-day events, and backyard grilling parties. This is my new "go to" recipe!

i used a slow cooker on high for 4-5 hrs.

Brian, we love pulled pork, too. Cardisa, some people here chop their smoked butts instead of shredding them.

Or, whip up some Pork Noodle Bowls as a cozy dinner recipe on cold evenings. Info. Used your recipe. I enjoy smoking meat and will definitely try this recipe over the next weekend that I don't have to work. You saved Southern Pulled Pork to your.

Add pork, and brown on all sides. At that point, wrap the butt in plastic and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.

I found freezing it ruins it after it's pulled it turns to mush on thawing, so I carry it to friends to share fresh. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

made it last night and my husband, who hates anything with vinegar in it, couldn't say anything but good things about this meaty sandwich. If you like smoked pork, I can't imagine your not loving this! The ideal temperature is 225 degrees, but if you can keep the heat between 200 and 250 degrees, you’ll still have an awesome result. Howdy, Anglnwu!

If it's not, please post it! 178 calories; protein 17.9g 36% DV; carbohydrates 2.9g 1% DV; fat 10.1g 16% DV; cholesterol 58mg 19% DV; sodium 282.1mg 11% DV. Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home!

Thanks a bunch for visiting and leaving a comment! Welcome guests to your home this autumn with rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and wreaths and centerpieces made from foraged materials.

Remember to roast the pork fat side up. You dress the pulled pork after its done with sauce, Jalapeños, onions, swiss cheese, etc. Cover, and cook on High for 6 hours, or until meat is falling apart when pierced with a fork. I really think this is a 5 star recipe.

After ten hours, check the internal temperature of the smoked pork shoulder. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Will this method works for beef? To get the best pulled pork, the temperature on the smoker has to be right, and it needs to stay that way throughout the smoking process. What a load. My family asked for seconds.

My guests couldn't get enough at our dance recital party. This pork is made in the oven and results in a tender, fall apart end result. Add more wood and re-fill the water pan. Click here to visit our complete collection. I've done a few "southern" pulled pork recipes and most call for cider vinegar vs. just water so I used 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water. Spray a large, wide-based saucepan with cooking spray and fry the onion over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned. I end up substituting the vinegar with a honey blonde ale, which lends it a sweetness that my friends can't get enough of. Continue smoking for about 5 more hours. I place the pork in a ziploc with spice rub and refrigerate overnight.

Thanks! If you have a smoker, by all means adapt this recipe using your smoker. the wet rub makes more sense, like you say.

A dry rub is made with herbs and spices, and a wet rub is made of the same herbs and spices, along with a liquid. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Remember to roast the pork fat side up. I put plenty of seasoning on the meat before browning but the end result was bland shredded pork swimming in a pool of liquid. Method. It has to be, I should have listened to my gut and pulled it at 165... Do you soak the wood chips if using and electric smoker ? But Martha's recipe knocked it out of the park!

I've made this recipe twice now and each time it has been a great success! When it comes to seasoning the meat, we recommend a spice blend of garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Combine the mustard, molasses, brown sugar and soy sauce; pour over roast. This is a scrumptious-looking recipe. I also used 1 can chicken broth and 2 cups water for the liquid in the slow cooker to give it a little more flavor.

I concoct the wet rub or dry rub recipe and rub the meat, and he tends to the smoker. I make tamales and wrapped in corn husks in dozens, it thaws and steams back to life for good tamales, I generally get about 60 tamales to a shoulder and they don't last but about 6 months 'cuz they are a treat to eat so I can't say past that.

This recipe is perfect for what it is intended to do--make the pork tender! Because the meat has been shredded, there’s a lot of surface area, so the pulled pork will hold onto a lot of tasty sauce. isn't this a candidate for the crock pot?

Ours is especially succulent with a spice rub and vinegar. The general rule of thumb is two hours per pound of butt at 225 degrees.

Overall, very good if you like pulled pork. Keep everything from your countertops to your dining room chairs germ-free. Pile pork on rolls, and top with barbecue sauce, if desired.

This recipe is absolutely wonderful!! Southern Pulled Pork Recipe.

The meat did cook down a little more than I had expected. This is my go to recipe for pulled pork. Instead of the water I used beer and chicken broth. In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, and 1/2 cup water; pour over pork. I've never heard of it. We love pulled pork so I thought I would try this recipe. Cover, and cook on High for 6 hours, or until meat is falling apart when pierced with a fork. Everyone agreed as good as any BBQ restaurant! Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in lower and upper positions.

ABSOULTELY WONDERFUL! Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Dusty, we froze some smoked butt a couple of weeks ago, and I ate some last night.

slow cooker.