Mae this tonight it was a hit. My fiance and I make a lot of chicken and rice and we have been looking for a a recipe to change things up. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation. We just used bowls instead of plates. This was amazing.

Add the rice, water, salt, lime juice, and cilantro to a medium pot. Put chicken in the bag with the remaining seasoning; shake to coat.

In a large casserole dish, lay the chicken breast flat in the baking dish. This dinner really packs an amazing punch! A dutch oven, wok, or something with high sides might actually be better here. This is one of my Chicken recipes you’ll definitely want in your dinner rotation! Help! Where does the Rotel can come in to the recipe? This Southwest Chicken and Rice recipe is perfect for when you want a hearty recipe that’s on the table fairly quickly! Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved. Southwest Chicken is just about perfect on it’s own, but I usually like to pair it with a few side dishes to really round out the meal and make it go a long way. Mashed Potatoes- Although potatoes aren’t as traditional as rice and beans, these. Stir together, then stir in rice.

There is so much flavor packed in here! This post may contain affiliate links. Made this tonight for my 7 year old son and I. Bake uncovered at 375˚F for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160˚F. Decrease heat to low, add garlic, and stir until combined and fragrant, about 30 seconds. I’ll definitely be making this one again :). Amount is based on available nutrient data. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Try this....you won’t be sorry. Loved this recipe! This was perfect for today since we had baseball all day. Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! New favorite recipe! Shred chicken with 2 …

Will definitely make again! I used all the ingredients (scaled them down a bit for our tastes) with one exception--the rice I had was basmati so I cooked it beforehand. Copyright 2020 Kevin & Amanda. Love this recipe, and healthy, too! I am loving everything about this and I know that my family will also love it. It was quick and easy but made sooo much! If you have a burner that heats hotter than others, when it's time to simmer the rice, move it to a burner that doesn't heat quite as hot - so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom and burn. Turn the heat to high, and in the same skillet add the diced onions and bell peppers. Get an ad-free ebook of my most popular recipes, plus be the FIRST to know about new things coming to the site! Hi! If you do change the type of meat used in the recipe it will most likely change the time it needs to cook. What a great recipe! I am so in love with this Southwestern Fiesta Chicken! If I could rate this recipe 10 stars I would! This looks delicious, beautiful colors. Sprinkle with seasonings, then spread the corn mixture evenly over it. Turn seasoned chicken out into the skillet, add red onion, and saute in the hot oil until the chicken is browned, about 5 minutes. Sautéed Greens- I love serving chicken dishes like this right over a bed of sautéed greens. Loved this and so simple. Thanks Martha C. for our dinner! Combine first 8 ingredients;reserve.

Very good. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. 448 calories; protein 43.9g 88% DV; carbohydrates 38.1g 12% DV; fat 13.4g 21% DV; cholesterol 105.9mg 35% DV; sodium 1560.8mg 62% DV. Required fields are marked *. Made it taste like Chipotle. But you could also use 1 onion and 3 bell peppers (about 2 cups each after diced). San Miguel de Allende — The Most Beautiful City in Mexico, Day of the Dead in Mexico City — 10 Best Things To Do, How to Customize Your AdThrive Mobile Theme, Cheesy Chicken Rice with Broccoli and Bacon. Have a question about the nutrition data? But it was delicious. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, then add diced chicken breasts. ?

© Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Check out the prices and plans here! Seal bag and shake to mix. Thank you! Plus. I'm Amanda... a wife, mother of two rambunctious kiddos, photography nerd, and bacon lover! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. A: You can help this dish to cook more quickly by cutting the chicken into chunks and using a larger pan to cook it in so the meat is more spread out. To store leftover Southwest Chicken, package in an airtight container and place in the: Here are a few of my favorite meals to make with leftovers from Southwest Chicken. So when I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep I grabbed my iPad and googled something (no clue) but came across the link to your post about your 1200 cal/day diet and success with it. I used Pico de galo instead of Rotel, cilantro and the onion. Easy and tasty. It’s so good, quick and easy. Serve it over rice, with a side salad, or in tortillas for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner. Mix the oil, vinegar, and seasonings in small bowl.

Place the chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? I am using our favorite homemade taco seasoning. Yummy, easy, healthy dish my family loves! Unfortunately, all stovetop burners don’t cook the same, and it sounds like yours cooks a bit hotter than mine and other readers.

slow cooker, layer three-fourths each of the corn and beans and half the salsa. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts and it was very good that way as well. I put it on at 11, came home at 2:45, and shredded the chicken, then left for game two. Set aside and keep covered. Any way to turn this into a crock pot recipe?

I tried this recipe for my husband and we loved it. I believe that gourmet meals should be something we can ALL enjoy. BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO CHECK OUT OTHER READERS’ COMMENTS FOR TIPS AND REVIEWS. I loved this recipe! In a 3-qt. And finally add the remaining taco seasoning. I loved the taco seasoning on the chicken, great idea!

Very spicy. If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! I am eating it as I type I used Trader Joe’s fire roasted corn as that was what I had on hand and added a dollop of sour cream to the top of mine. I just had to adjust the salt. You Can Spend The Night In An Ice Hotel In Canada! Ive made it and it’s delicious! I used lowest setting on my stove. I didn’t have a few things like the Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies.

Delicious! But I actually had already added crushed red pepper. My leftovers will be snatched from us by visiting family members! What a great recipe! What is much harder, is keeping in touch with our family and friends as we move. I made it as a freezer meal, leaving it uncooked and not putting the cheese on until halfway through the cook time. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Utah Ski Resorts — 5 Reasons Why Deer Valley Is Our Favorite!