The song is based on Johann Sebastian Bach's Praeambulum 1 C-Major (BWV 924) from the Klavierbuechlein fuer Wilhelm Friedemann Bach, though Sting said little about this adaptation. [50], Sting's 1996 album, Mercury Falling debuted strongly, with the single "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" reaching No. [144] Sting and Styler have four children: Brigitte Michael ("Mickey", born 19 January 1984), Jake (24 May 1985), Eliot Paulina (nicknamed "Coco", 30 July 1990), and Giacomo Luke (17 December 1995). At the awards ceremony, he performed "Desert Rose" with his collaborator on the album version, Cheb Mami. Your e-mail address will not be published. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + No Import Fees Deposit & $8.11 Shipping to Netherlands. [159], Sting supports his hometown Premier League football club Newcastle United, and in 2009 backed a supporters' campaign against the plan of owner Mike Ashley to sell off naming rights of the club's home stadium St James' Park. [35] In September 1981, Sting made his first live solo appearance, on all four nights of the fourth Amnesty International benefit The Secret Policeman's Other Ball in London's Drury Lane theatre at the invitation of producer Martin Lewis. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Police in 2003. [39] In July 1985, Sting performed Police hits at the Live Aid concert at Wembley Stadium in London. ", "Sting '57th & 9th' Tour – Theatre, Club and Arena Tour Announced...", "Avec Sting, le monde entier va voir le Bataclan revivre! Sting will be releasing a new album entitled "My Songs" on May 24th. I Can’t Stop Thinking About You (Live) – Japan Exclusive [49] At the 2002 Brit Awards in February, Sting received the prize for Outstanding Contribution to Music. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2019 CD release of My Songs on Discogs. Stating that Brexit will "impact every aspect of the music industry. The Secret Policeman's Other Ball began his growing involvement in political and social causes. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on June 8, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2019. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The album also included an Italian version of Mad About You. This album is Sting's solo follow-up to the Grammy Award Winning 44/876 and 2016's 57th & 9th. [160] He wrote a song in support of Newcastle, called "Black and White Army (Bringing The Pride Back Home)". My Songs will be released in multiple formats including a deluxe edition featuring bonus content (see below for track listings). Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. [130] On 25 April 2010, he performed on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. in the 40th anniversary celebration of Earth Day. If you are as talented as Sting you can easily take fourteen excellent songs, ruin them completely, release a new album full of theses crappy version and earn more of dirty fast bucks. Giacomo Luke is the inspiration behind the name of Kentucky Derby–winning horse Giacomo. I have it in my car and also downloaded on my IPOD. He and Blige won a Grammy for their duet, "Whenever I Say Your Name". Toronto documentary producer Vanessa Dylyn, who was producing a film called The Musical Brain, featuring neuroscientist Daniel Levitin, approached Sting about the film. He performed solo versions of "Roxanne" and "Message in a Bottle". [123] In September 2001, Sting took part in America: A Tribute to Heroes singing "Fragile" to raise money for families of victims of the 9/11 attacks in the US. tour commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2019, Ok,I believe this Album is attended for his Fans ,but maybe A new generation of people enjoying albums these days ,yes the originals are the best live even better very talented man up there with the greats Bowie Jagger Plant ,never the less Sting is Sting so enjoy it for what it is ,and so forth, Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2019. Roxanne (Live), Deluxe Edition includes: [97][98][99][100] Named the 57th & 9th Tour, a world tour of theatres, clubs and arenas in support of 57th & 9th (with special guests Joe Sumner and the Last Bandoleros) began on 1 February 2017 in Vancouver, British Columbia at the Commodore Ballroom, and continued into October. The concert, scheduled for 11 September 2001, was altered due to the terrorist attacks in America that day. As a child, he was inspired by the Queen Mother waving at him from a Rolls-Royce to divert from the shipyard prospect towards a more glamorous life. Sting ‎– My Songs (Live) Label: A&M Records ‎– 00602508335563, Cherrytree Records ‎– 00602508335563, Interscope Records ‎– 00602508335563 This album is a catalog of that evolution. The new album is a collection of Sting's greatest hits across his solo and Police career. His 1991 album, The Soul Cages was dedicated to his late father. [86] The tour continued in early 2015, with ten shows in Australia and New Zealand,[87][88] and 23 concerts in Europe,[89] ending on 18 April 2015. [59] Sting went on the Broken Music tour, touring smaller venues, with a four-piece band, starting in Los Angeles on 28 March 2005 and ending on 14 May 2005. [60] In 1984, Sting sang a re-worded version of "Every Breath You Take", titled "Every Bomb You Make" for episode 12 of the first series of the British satirical puppet show Spitting Image. [15][16] He helped his father deliver milk and by ten was "obsessed" with an old Spanish guitar left by an emigrating friend of his father's. "Be Still My Beating Heart" earned nominations for Song of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. It included "All This Time", and the Grammy-winning title track. It went Double Platinum. Sting ‎– My Songs Label: A&M Records ‎– 7766099, Cherrytree Records ‎– 7766099, Universal Music ‎– 7766099 Karimov is accused by the UN and Amnesty of human rights abuses and UNICEF stated they had no connection with the event. [111] On 25 June 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Sting among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. ;). All Rights reserved. In 1989, he flew to the Altamira Gathering to offer support while promoting his charity. As the years went by, the band members, especially Sting, dismissed the possibility of reforming. 57th & 9th was released on 11 November 2016. Solo and with the Police combined, he has sold over 100 million records. He named pets, a racehorse, his publishing company, and one of his daughters (Fuchsia) after characters from the books. [151], Sting ran five miles (8 km) a day and performed aerobics. Coco is a singer who now goes by the name Eliot Sumner, and was the founder and lead singer of the group I Blame Coco. [60], In 2006, Sting was on the Gregg Kofi Brown album, with "Lullaby to an Anxious Child" produced and arranged by Lino Nicolosi and Pino Nicolosi of Nicolosi Productions.[61]. If you don't like it, fine, keep it or sell it. [nb 1] The Police's former guitar player, French native Henry Padovani, joined the band on stage for "Next to You", one of the encores. He has included elements of rock, jazz, reggae, classical, new-age and worldbeat in his music. Celui ci a écrabouillé sous un gloubi boulga synthétique les musiciens originaux fantastiques : Kenny Kirkland, Omar Hakim. For the vinyl, labels of side 3 and 4 are switched. This album is Sting's solo follow-up to the Grammy Award Winning 44/876 and 2016's 57th & 9th.