Add butter and salt. Thank you so much! Slice tomatoes and arrange on top to cover the entire tart.

Book submissionsBookstorePlant-based recipesVictory gardening tips, Our storyJobs/FellowshipPartnersGet involvedContact us. I don’t love turning my oven on during the summer – or honestly even the stove when I can avoid doing so.

If you have tomatoes of various colors you can alternate colors as you stack the tomatoes into the tart. Gather leftover pie dough and freeze for a future galette. A fun caprese salad board makes for a fun play on charcuterie and is always a crowd favorite, An easy summer party appetizer skewers made with blackberries and cucumbers, A playful twist on a bruschetta recipe made with strawberries and feta, The perfect summer picnic dessert loaded with fresh summer berries, A unique potato salad recipe made with roasted sweet potatoes, Up your picnic game with this amazing grilled corn on the cob recipe, Jalapeño poppers stuffed with homemade mac and cheese are the perfect summer party appetizer, A refreshing summer sangria recipe made with kiwi and lime, [Photos by Alice G. Patterson for The Sweetest Occasion.].
Remove the … Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. I loved the hint of honey flavor in this recipe...sooo delicious! Allow the puff pastry to thaw to room temperature (or just slightly cooler) before baking until just golden. Spread mixture evenly over the pastry base inside the border. Add cold water 1 Tablespoon at a time while pulsing. A big pinch of coarse ground finishing salt also won’t make you mad, I promise. That looks and sounds mouthwateringly good!

In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, salt, parsley and spring onions.

When your tart shell is completely cooled, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. While the dough is resting, make the tofu filling. Finish with a final light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Pulse a few times to incorporate the butter through the flour mixture. You can even do this with olive oils and vinegars at some places. Begin with puff pastry baked into a pie dish or tart pan.

(Photo source: Alec Tilly), | Yield: one tart | Time: 1 hour 30 minutes |, 1/2 cup cold butter (dairy or plant-based), cut into cubes, 14-oz block water-packed firm tofu, drained, 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling, 4 medium tomatoes, heirloom or early girls, sliced. thanks for sharing. In a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, crush the dried rosemary and sprinkle it over the olive oiled tart shell. Remove the tart, discard the beans, and lower oven temperature to 350F. Then spoon a bunch of the filling into crust, filling it nearly full. Bake for about 5-8 minutes just to precook the tart shell. Pulse until combined. Sprinkle the remaining crushed dried oregano and basil, and the nutritional yeast over the tomato slices. It’s bright and refreshing with just-roasted tomatoes, creamy and herbaceous with the rich-yet-light filling and all tumbled together in a crisp & flaky crust that makes eating fun. As far back as I can remember the main flavor of July and August in our home has been tomato. An Easy Summer Tomato Tart Recipe This easy tomato tart recipe is the perfect way to use your summer tomato haul. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1/8 inch thick and transfer to a tart or pie dish. Otherwise, set the beans aside, label them, and re-use them indefinitely for more pies. , Will be making it at some point for sure . The rustic appearance is part of the charm. Once baked, allow the puff pastry crust to cool to room temperature before assembling. After the dough has firmed up. Alternately, reserve the second crust to use at a later time.

Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Mix flour and sea salt together in a large bowl. I love an easy recipe for summer parties, easy weeknight dinners and just generally maximizing my time spent enjoying summer versus being tethered to the kitchen. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you’re familiar with our recipes then you’ve noticed there are many Italian influences in our meals and this one is no different! This recipe looks fantastic.

Let’s get cooking!

Change ), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Zest of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tablespoons), 8 Tablespoons (vegan) butter, cut into small cubes. Pat the tofu dry and add to a food processor with the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt, and seasonings. It’s light, tasty and perfect for bringing to a summer potluck. Sprinkle with feta cheese and bake for 15- 20 minutes until puffed and golden. No fresh summer tomatoes should ever be without fresh basil. SUMMER TOMATO TART ~CRUST~ INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour; 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar; Zest of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tablespoons) 8 Tablespoons (vegan) butter, cut into small cubes; 1/4 teaspoon salt; 5 Tablespoons cold water; flour for dusting as needed; extra virgin olive oil for drizzle; METHOD: This is such a delicious and unique way to eat them! Founded in 2008 by editor and cocktail shaker in residence, Cyd Converse, The Sweetest Occasion is a food and lifestyle blog featuring easy party recipes, entertaining tips, party ideas, festive cocktails and more! I love a good vegan recipe, thanks for sharing. After the dough rests for 30 minutes, pre-bake the tart shell. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. In a food processor, add 1½ cups flour, sugar, lemon zest.

1 large red tomato and 1 small yellow tomato, sliced.
If you can get your hands on heirloom tomatoes, all the better.

Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.

Place and fold dough in parchment paper.

This beautiful and delicious tart is perfect for when summer tomatoes and basil are abundant.

When mixture becomes a ball of dough, stop adding water. It’s creamy, the tiniest bit sweet and a touch salty.

SUMMER TOMATO TART. Generally I recommend serving this tomato tart recipe within an hour or two of assembling. Remove the tart and garnish with fresh herbs of choice. Serve it warm or at room temperature, it is sure to be a crowd pleaser.

Sprinkle a pinch over the cream cheese. Cover in foil to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Add the cream cheese and ricotta mixture, filling nearly to the top and smoothing out with a knife or spatula, Layer sliced tomatoes on top, completely covering the top of the cream cheese mixture, Sprinkle with chiffonade basil and add more fresh cracked black pepper on top if desired, Serve immediately or chill for up to two hours before serving. The combination of the filling and the tomatoes is decadent but somehow light at the same time.