Magic: The Gathering's latest expansion brings us back to Theros, a land inspired by Ancient Greek myth. I’m curious to see how the collector only variants look in price 2-3 years from now. Oh, and there’s more Saga cards. There’s a green Dryad that costs bugger all and lets you play two lands every turn.

We've got two cards from the new set to show off, a rare and an uncom","url":"https:\/\/www.kotaku.com.au\/2020\/01\/mtg-death-beyond-theros-preview-next-two-cards\/","img":false,"category":"In Real Life","published_at":1578654042,"updated_at":1578654047,"kind":"article"},"ad_location":"out-of-page-mobile","provider":"google-dfp","element_id":"ad-slot_out-of-page-mobile_section-index-1"} ); Tectonic Giant.

So I reached out to Kyle Gibson, winner of the Magic Brisbane Grand Prix last month, which earned him a spot at the Players Tour Asia-Pacific event in Japan next month and the Players Tour Finals in April.

By Daniel Alexander Feb 28, 2020.

There was a lot of supply of the theros collectors boxes. The second card is the rare Heliod’s Intervention which does what it says on the box: it’s a big board wipe. Drifter: A. Tectonic Giant’s second ability is busted, and the card resists removal really well. Prerelease events will kick off worldwide and across Australian game stores from January 17, with the set launching officially on January 24.

I liked more cards for longer term play. Alex Walker is the editor of Kotaku Australia and is known for his work covering video games, industry issues, technology and esports. For a more comprehensive view on the card, however, it’s better to ask an expert.

My feeling is that if the collector's boosters had been less generous in numbers of rates and mythics, or more limited in distribution, there wouldn't be such a stigma against Theros.

Jan 10, 2020 - Protean Thaumaturge. Just not a lot of short term value.

However, the ability to scale as necessary in addition to providing a cheap answer delivers the versatility sought after in a flexible card.” Heliod’s Intervention might also initially see life as a sideboard card for eternal formats, Gibson added, which includes Pauper, Legacy and Vintage.

In the long term, I actually think TBD is going to be a sleeper hit. Is it just because the collector's boosters ripped away all of the value?

Yes, I wish to receive exclusive discounts, special offers and competitions from our partners. Theros: Beyond Death Spoilers 347/254 Show Text.

Upcoming rotation might cause that TBD cards will see more play? Will these sets rebound down the road and be good long term holds? Naturally, having a board wipe that can deal with all of that is pretty handy. siteads.queue.push( {"site":"kotaku","pagetype":"article","ad_type":"article","sec":"in-real-life","amp":false,"ctype":"article","article":"mtg death beyond theros preview next two cards","article-tags":["au","feature","magic arena","magic online","magic: the gathering","theros beyond death"],"native":["null"],"aggregate":["au","feature","magic arena","magic online","magic: the gathering","theros beyond death"],"pageID":["null"],"sub-sec":"","cat":"in-real-life","cat1":"","item":{"objectid":933426,"title":"Here’s The Next Two Cards From Magic’s Theros Beyond Death Set","text":" In Throne of Eldraine<\/em>, food was the order of the day.

In the era of collector boxes, covid, and short term price fluctuation, things will be distorted.

Nah, it's got the usual ratio of chaff to good stuff. siteads.queue.push( {"site":"kotaku","pagetype":"article","ad_type":"article","sec":"in-real-life","amp":false,"ctype":"article","article":"mtg death beyond theros preview next two cards","article-tags":["au","feature","magic arena","magic online","magic: the gathering","theros beyond death"],"native":["null"],"aggregate":["au","feature","magic arena","magic online","magic: the gathering","theros beyond death"],"pageID":["null"],"sub-sec":"","cat":"in-real-life","cat1":"","item":{"objectid":933426,"title":"Here’s The Next Two Cards From Magic’s Theros Beyond Death Set","text":" In Throne of Eldraine<\/em>, food was the order of the day.

I thought it was a more fun set than Throne or Ikoria. They really didn’t but I think at 150-160 they aren’t a bad buy.

Magic: The Gathering‘s next upcoming set, Theros Beyond Death, is a little less whimsical than that. Magic: The Gathering<\/em>'s next upcoming set, Theros Beyond Death<\/em>, is a little less whimsical than that.

Press J to jump to the feed.

Prices will bounce back, especially since you can pull a $200 topper. Enter your email below.

Jan 10, 2020 - Protean Thaumaturge. Collector boxes no bueno though. He reasoned that it’ll mostly appear in aggressive or tempo-oriented decks, but the card might have some extra value in other ways because of the devotion and constellation mechanics in Beyond Death. Gibson has featured on the pro circuit before, grinding through qualifiers to appear in the Mythic Championship stop in Cleveland last year and finishing in the Top 64 at Modern Grand Prix Los Angeles 2019. if (typeof siteads.queue !== 'undefined') {

}. Jan 10, 2020 - Bronzhide Lion. And you get to place a fresh coin counter at the end of every turn. Is it just because the collector's boosters ripped away all of the value? 2. invest in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss. He has written for ABC Technology & Games, games.on.net, PC Powerplay, Techly, Gizmodo Australia, Lifehacker Australia and more. This is a really good and fun set. You can play with the cards from January 16 when the set launches digitally through Magic Arena and Magic Online.