I ended up with 22 enchiladas. I made this last night and although they taste delicious, the enchiladas totally fall apart and are almost mushy….I followed the recipe exactly but wonder if I’ve done something wrong? So many of your salsa verde / enchilada recipes just call for ‘shredded chicken’ and I never had an easy (non slow cooker) method for it! omg this makes me SO HAPPY!!! Perfect! No, I realized I don’t! Even though it was for just the two of us, I prepared the full recipe. I made these last night, and they were amazing! You might be interested in my latest find – Don Pancho Golden Blend Tortillas. I am using flour ones mostly because I found some with nothing more than flour salt fat and baking soda plus most corn tortillas unless stated on the label are GMO corn. One thing though, did anyone else have issues of the tortillas falling apart when scooped up to be plated. I don’t see that photo. AMAZING! I’ve been on an enchilada kick lately, too! I made a few changes. Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes. Chicken Enchiladas Verdes are by definition perfect. The red sauce chicken enchiladas are a mainstay in the house – everyone loves them!! They would pat that little ball of dough perfectly into a round flat tortilla. But sometimes I get lucky and find it in my local supermarket. For everyone having difficulties keeping their tortillas together, I heat mine up in a pan on the stovetop before dipping them in salsa and filling them. This was my first time making enchiladas and it was delicious. 21 Day Beginners Keto & Fa, Don’t get ambushed on Thanksgiving with sugary c. I prepped a day before but did not top with the salsa and cheese until I was ready to bake the following day. My daughter does not like cilantro which, of course, is in bottled salsa verde. I’m so excited to try this one out! If so, what would be the best way to make it less spicy for my kiddos? I used Herdez Roasted salsa verde. Big difference! Love all your recipes! WGC product line carried exclusively at Williams Sonoma, What's Gaby Cooking Everyday California Food Chicken and a delicious sauce are rolled up inside flour tortillas, then topped with cheese and more salsa. Love your blog and cookbooks! Delicious! Made this tonight and my five year old (who never compliments my cooking) said more than once how amazing these were!! Hi! We are making these for Cinco de Mayo! Thank you in advance. Again a silly question but I just want to clarify. I also do a “fake fry” on mine. Can you freeze into portions? I incorporated a jar of Trader Joe's Verde Sauce to use over the Queso Frsco has a much milder taste. It’s typically found in Latin markets. It’s truly disgusting. I calculate 2 points per corn tortilla and 3 points for 1 oz queso fresco so 7 points for 2 enchiladas. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is beginning to brown, 20–25 minutes. Is there a good subsitfor queso fresco? Mix it up with different green salsas from Trader Joe’s: mild Salsa Verde or the spicier Hatch Valley Salsa made with green chiles from the […] Toss the chicken with the ground coriander, red pepper flakes, and ½ cup green sauce in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper . You’ll have to double this recipe to make enough https://www.skinnytaste.com/salsa-verde/. My husband said we should bottle the sauce. I purchased jalapeño green salsa with jalapeño peppers as the main ingredient instead of tomatillos. Just about every single tortilla package (even some organic ones!) These look yummy, Queso Fresco has a texture like feta, but it is much milder in flavor.