You may have to do it in batches, say 4 eggs at a time. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. My favorite meal EVER!!! You don’t want the yolks to break. To make it much more authentic fry the bacon and then use the bacon grease for the beans. Roughly chop the tomatoes, onion, garlic and serrano chile. Different flavor salsas are fun to experiment with too. Fry tortillas one at a time until firm, but not crisp. Ladle more huevos ranchero sauce on top of the egg. To make your salsa, roughly chop the vegetables and add them to the blender jar. It’s delicious! If you don’t have a tortilla press you can use a rolling pin. And nope. When the oil is hot, lay one or two corn tortillas at a time into the hot oil. I am Douglas C. – Share my love of Mexican Cuisine that developed over 20+ years of living in Mexico. The oil should be about 1/4 inch deep. Make A Huevos Rancheros Sandwich & Mexican Coffee. Thank you for the delicious and easy recipe! A healthy and filling way to start your day. When you cut into the eggs on the plate, the yolk mixes with the salsa and creates an incredibly rich sauce. The process of frying adds flavor to the tortilla and keeps it from getting mushy from absorbing the salsa and runny egg yolk. Line a 9 x 13 oven proof dish with 8 softened corn tortillas just like above. The consistency wasn’t totally smooth like the photos either. I did try cooking it for much longer to try to get the red colour and though it improved a bit, it wasn’t a rich red at all. Add a couple of tablespoons of water and blend until smooth. We will continue adding more tasty ingredients to our salsa and then simmer it a bit. Excellent, glad you and your husband enjoyed the recipe! I don't know whether this is authentic or not; all I do know is that this breakfast was really good! Personally I prefer to cook/boil dry pinto beans then mash them up while frying them in bacon grease just like they do in Mexico. how to make huevos rancheros, huevos rancheros, huevos rancheros recipe, mexican eggs. Don’t think you can skip it and just cover the tortillas with sauce. Then I will show you how to soften corn tortillas which provides the base for this dish. olive oil over medium high heat and add the tomato paste. The dish will still taste great. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Delicious, easy, and saves well (if you even a have any left to save!). Click here to watch my Huevos Rancheros Recipe video. Serve with the lime wedges on the side. Lena Abraham is the Food Editor at Delish, where she develops and styles recipes for video and photo, and also stays on top of current food trends. Made last week for my husband and he loved the salsa! So if you are expecting gooey cheesy, you need to switch cheeses. Garnish with avocado and cilantro, then drizzle with hot sauce and sour cream. Most grocery stores carry corn flour for preparing tortillas. You do not need to remove the seeds and veins from the chile. If you don't want to prepare your own beans then use canned pinto beans instead. Mexican coffee would round this out nicely. In a stock pot, add the tomatoes, serrano chile, onion, and garlic. So yummy! It shouldn’t break down. I’ve made this recipe for a school project a few years ago, and our family has been making it ever since! Return to more breakfast recipes and try our Easy Breakfast Casserole. Love the simplicity of recipe and raw flavors. Then carefully place an egg on top of the tortilla. Just follow the instructions that are on the side of the package. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io. Cook the eggs until the whites are just set. Huevos-rancheros are basically the same in all of Mexico but there are variances depending on the region, old family recipes and whats in hand in the kitchen. Add the onions with a pinch of salt, and cook until translucent, around 3-4 mins. You want the salsa to a little bit thick so it doesn’t run all over the plate. Would 100% recommended this salsa recipe for not just huevos rancheros but literally anything. Cheers! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Amazing recipe, thank you! Then the eggs are cooked in the charmouls, either scrambled or whole. That’s going to give it some really nice flavor. Congrats! Why fry the tortillas? Have your Mexican Red Salsa ready to go and made the day before.