They also freeze really well for a quick weeknight dinner! This site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a medical provider. Pasta Primavera is a perfect kidney-friendly recipe to make for a large group. This recipe is now the basis for all my meatloaf and meatball dishes! COVID-19: Your safety is our top priority. tablespoons italian seasoning. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. lb ground chuck. The ball sizes won't expand very much at all so feel free to leave little space between them on the sheet. Turkey, beef, and Italian sausage meatballs that go perfectly with your favorite marinara sauce. These are very moist and flavorful. All comments will be approved by a DaVita teammate and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. Avoid broth that contains potassium chloride. Shape into 2-inch diameter balls. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. In a separate bowl, combine the broth, egg and Worcestershire sauce. DaVita has outperformed the rest of the industry, with more top marks in the CMS Five-Star Quality Rating System. I use 1/3 cup measure when I'm making the meatballs so they're all the same size. They go a long way! Then after the meatballs are browned in a pan I transfer them to a baking pan pour a jar of spaghetti sauce over them and bake. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Try a tasty Honey Spice-Rubbed Salmon for dinner and you'll want to have it again for lunch the next day. Join the myDaVita community for access to free dining out guides, cookbooks and more! Congrats! Your next kidney-friendly meal is only four easy steps away with Quick and Easy Ground Beef Soup. 2 . We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. yellow onion. My own meatball recipe is very similar to this one. Get instant access to over 1,000 recipes with a FREE myDaVita account. Note: Your username will be displayed for reviews. I do like the flavor but the texture didn't work for me and my family. I followed the recipe as-is. Yummy! 1lb extra lean ground beef (or you could just use 2lbs of extra lean ground turkey instead), 4 tbsp fresh parsley (2 tbsp dried is fine). Then top with parmesan cheese. It was delicious! ½ cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs. It is a ball shaped ground beef dish. A DaVita dietitian shares a kidney-friendly snack that is both nutritious and delicious: Honey-Maple Snack Mix. This was passed on by my Italian friend. I added some fennel seed and a few drops of hot sauce. Very good. Transfer to a glass baking dish. Sign in or register. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. UNITS: US. Brown meatballs in hot oil for about 5 minutes. It has already been "requested" that I make them again. Please fill out both comments and rating before submitting, Error submitting review, please try again later, Already have a myDaVita account? garlic cloves. From spaghetti meatballs to turkey meatball curry, these meals will become family favourites. I would make this again. 1 . I always like to use ground turkey with my meatballs anyway and I think the oatmeal added to this recipe really helps to set up the meatballs. With myDaVita, get instant access to free cookbooks like this. 635 calories; protein 31.8g 64% DV; carbohydrates 12.8g 4% DV; fat 50.9g 78% DV; cholesterol 145mg 48% DV; sodium 662.9mg 27% DV. Combine ground meat, onion, eggs, bread crumbs, oats, and seasoning in a large bowl. YIELD: 25 each. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and turkey with dry ingredients; set aside. Make into 1-1 1/2" balls and place on sprayed baking sheets (*if you don't use regular ground beef instead of the extra lean turkey/beef, it is likely that grease will seep out and possible run over into your oven so I would use a dish with sides). We always have a traditional Italian dinner. This colorful combination of bell peppers and onions can be grilled together and served with a grilled protein source of your choice. Then shaped in balls and cooked over grill, stove or in oven. I skip the step of browning them on the stove and just put them straight in the oven. 1 ⁄ 2. cup breadcrumbs. It's so good it definitely lives up to it's ... Sweet fresh strawberries and goat cheese combine with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to make a healthy, delicious spring salad. I also use minced onions and not chopped. Add the wet ingredients to the meat mixture and mix well. Get instant access to recipes and kidney diet tips from DaVita dietitians. Amount is based on available nutrient data. 10 . I only used half the amount of oats and bread crumbs in this recipe. Eat meatballs plain or top with your favorite kidney-friendly sauce. lb ground turkey. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 1 ⁄ 4. cup romano cheese. Mix all ingredients except water. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Combine ground meat, onion, eggs, bread crumbs, oats, and seasoning in a large bowl. Determine which stage of kidney disease you’re in by calculating a glomerular filtration rate (GFR) and start managing your health. Roll into 1 ″ meatballs and place on baking sheets.