In a medium bowl stir together the oil, sugars, applesauce, milk, and vinegar. However, some readers have reported success making these muffins with a one-to-one gluten-free flour substitute. Also note that when making the batter you’ll want the milk (whatever kind you use) to be room temperature. Fluffy Vegan Coconut Oil Banana Muffins — These Vegan Banana Muffins are extra fluffy and moist thanks to the combination of coconut oil and ripe bananas in the batter. Bake for another 16 to 17 minutes until the muffin tops are golden brown on the edges. It likely would work as one large 9×5 loaf as well, and would probably take 45 to 60 minutes at a reduced oven temp of 350F, but I haven’t tried it myself. https://bakerbynature.com/vegan-cinnamon-sugar-doughnut-muffins Bake for another 16 – 17 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Stir to combine. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until combined. 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (other milks may be substituted including coconut, soy, rice, cow), at room temperature. Here are some favorites: The best muffin recipes are moist and tender, which is one reason I test all my recipes before sharing them with you! The flour helps prevent apples from sinking during baking; set aside. Spraying a one-quarter cup measure with cooking spray so the batter slides right off is handy here.

Each cavity will be about 3/4 full. Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, optional salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix. In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, almond milk, oil, and maple syrup. Their juices release, and it helps the muffins stay soft and moist. With these cinnamon muffins I’m using applesauce as an egg substitute, but here are some of my other favorite egg substitutes for muffins: The idea of making cookies, cakes, or muffins without eggs or dairy can seem like a hill too tall to climb.

In fact, I’d probably use more next time. First pumpkin, now apple.

Grease or line muffin tray, set aside. You can also freeze these muffins quite easily for up to 6 months. If you’re looking for more fruit muffin recipes, check out my muffin recipe archive for some great ideas! We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins — These are some of the best pumpkin muffins I’ve ever had, vegan or not, and I’ll put them up against muffins made with eggs and butter. peanut butter comfort Applesauce could likely be substituted, although I haven’t tested it. Notes. Add milk and whisk.

You’d never guess they were vegan! Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely. If you don’t have whole wheat pastry flour, either use 100% all-purpose flour, or 1 cup all purpose flour combined 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. Drizzle with vegan butter and stir to combine until you achieve a crumbly mixture. Your email address will not be published. Depending on how juicy your apples and mashed banana are, your batter may look perfect, or it may be a little thin. You can use any apple you’d like in these apple cinnamon muffins! It’s like a cinnamon roll transformed into easy muffins — a perfect breakfast treat any day of the week! It’s not over-powering and I think apples can really stand up to spices. Have you tried it? These apple muffins are springy, bouncy, soft and fluffy, with the right amount of density. You’ll need to keep them in a cool spot in an airtight container. Use your hand to gently tamp down the crumble topping. Marly is certified as both a Plant-Based Pro and Vegan Dessert Expert. Baker by Nature | Privacy Policy.

This post may contain affiliate links. For this vegan muffin recipe, you’ll need: To make these vegan apple cinnamon muffins, you’ll first need to dice the apples and toss them with a little cinnamon and flour. Ingredients. Just let them cool completely before sealing them inside a freezer bag or another freezer-safe container. Lauren @ Jesus and a Side of Peanut Butter, 4 ounces olive oil (you may use canola or coconut if you prefer). Instructions. Line muffin tins with papers or spray muffin compartments with vegetable spray. The smell while they bake is heavenly, from the cinnamon, nutmeg, apple, banana, and coconut oil. Divide batter equally among the cavities of the prepared pan. 1 1/4 … 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons (17g) potato starch OR if you can't find this, sub with 2 tablespoons (16g) cornstarch. The Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins — These are the BEST blueberry muffins I’ve ever had, vegan or otherwise.

So, the idea of adding cinnamon to a muffin?

But with the simple tips in my Guide to Vegan Baking, you’ll be baking like a vegan pro in no time! Besides that, animal agriculture is an environmental nightmare and also plays a part in most global health issues. Be sure and leave a comment and a rating of this recipe below and then take a quick photo and share it with me using #namelymarly on Instagram. In a large bowl, combine the milk, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond butter (if using coconut oil, add to bowl when you add dry ingredients). Cooking with pumpkin, Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Muffins, Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins, 1 1/2 cups apple, diced small + 1/4 cup apple, diced small, reserved for topping (I used 1 large unpeeled Fuji, and it yielded about 1 3/4 cups), 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large), 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (other milks may be substituted including coconut, soy, rice, cow), at room temperature, 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (vegetable or canola oil may be substituted), pinches turbinado sugar, optional for sprinkling, pinches cinnamon, optional for sprinkling. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe: Here are the steps to make these muffins: To make the streusel, in a bowl stir together the sugar, cinnamon, and flour. These apple cinnamon muffins are studded with BIG chunks of apple! The apples soften while baking, and take on a chewier texture, but still have some snap and faint crunch. Drizzle with vegan butter and stir to combine until you achieve a crumbly mixture. Gently fold in the diced apple, and divide the batter between 12 greased muffin cups. At Namely Marly we love celebrating life, creativity, healthy living and energetic days! // * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. You'll love these easy cinnamon muffins for breakfast or for a treat. In a large bowl stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.