We’re Jenni + Mimi, the founders of Naughty Nutrition. | © 2019 Copyright The Hearty Soul. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are: We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including: This site is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice, legal advice, or professional services. Yes? Take the pot off the heat, cover, and leave for 15 minutes to steep. Smelling lavender is the best way to enjoy the calm that it brings, but not only does it work wonders on the nerves, it has other health benefits as well. Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl, whisk for about 30 seconds. These muffins are naturally sweetened with coconut sugar, honey, and blueberries. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. This was a daunting task to me as I had never baked anything with a filling before and have always been amazed by filled desserts. Lavender Mint Simple Syrup Yummly. You’re going to love the buttery texture with the almond flour, lemon juice and zest to balance the blueberry and lavender, and the way these muffins melt in your mouth! meyer lemon, baking powder, baking soda, lavender, coconut oil and 5 more. Here are 3 additional health benefits lavender essential oil provides: 1) SKIN LESIONS & ACNE: Use lavender essential oil (along with a carrier oil if you’re sensitive) as spot treatment for acne and skin irritants. Do not over mix. Who would have thought…, The following recipe is a jumble of various recipes I stumbled across, but I think the muffins turned out great (and so did my fellow dessert club members! Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Then add cashew milk. lives. Be careful not to sprinkle too much as it will overpower the muffin. Stir just until blended. ** You may want to grind the lavender buds so that they are a powder consistency and can blend into the muffin batter. To make the muffins, preheat an oven to 375F. a few powerful superfoods. We love all essential oils and diffuse them on a regular basis, but the one that stands out the most when we feel anxiety and stress is lavender! You can sprinkle them on ice cream with some toasted coconut shreds, top your chocolate before it sets, or just sprinkle on the batter of your baked goods before you pop them into the oven. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt. How to Apply Foundation for Mature Dry Skin? If you feel that you have a medical problem, you should seek the advice of your physician or health care practitioner. my workplace, has this thing called dessert club. Lavender has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which can help calm redness and acne spots. C’mon, there’s a reason why they have lavender festivals friends. Stir ingredients until combined. Lavender is incredibly potent if you add too much to your treats you may not enjoy it the way it should be enjoyed. Delicious! Make sure the lavender gets as fine as possible. there’s one major insight we’ve learned. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (first 7 ingredients). So, you may be thinking… lavender, for real? You’ll also find us dishing up simple, delicious & healthy recipes and meal planning ideas - all without any of the BS attached! about 1/2 cup vegan lemon curd for the filling; Recipe: Preheat oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners (or grease the tin). Not only can you diffuse the oil, you can grow it and use as potpourri, or, better yet, eat it! Today, we’re all about the culinary aspect of lavender, and have created a delicious vegan and gluten-free Anti-Anxiety Lemon Lavender Poppyseed Muffin! Enjoy the soothing scent while they’re baking. Change ), Ultra decadent vegan spiced chocolate cake with dairy-free dulce de leche filling. Okay, even if it’s a yes, let me tell you about it again: the chemistry department, i.e. Yes, definitely! to your cooking, but when you are cooking with it and smelling it, it is so incredibly relaxing. Lavender Muffins HungryShots. Advertisement.box-4{text-align:center; padding-top:10px !important;padding-bottom:10px !important;padding-left:0px !important;padding-right:0px !important;width:100% !important;box-sizing:border-box !important;background-color:#eeeeee !important;border: 1px solid #dfdfdf}eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'theheartysoul_com-box-4','ezslot_1',117,'0','0']));Today, we’re all about the culinary aspect of lavender, and have created a delicious vegan and gluten-free Anti-Anxiety Lemon Lavender Poppyseed Muffin! That was until I found out I got a job interview this week that I really had to start preparing for. my food? ( Log Out /  Cooking has never been more enjoyable than when you are sniffing away at some lavender buds while you’re at it (oh yes, and it makes everything prettier as well). Just as stated above, the antibacterial properties lavender contains can help speed up healing time. Mix dry ingredients into wet. Only fill up halfway. We find that lavender works best with sweet flavoured foods and love adding it to our baking, salad dressings, as well, combined with a vanilla flavour, like white chocolate, vanilla ice cream or even yogurt. 1 TBS grated lemon zest To start the glaze, bring 2 1/2 TBS non-dairy milk and lavender buds to a low simmer in a small pot on the stove. Gluten Free/Vegan Meyer Lemon & Lavender Muffins popsugar.com. The only bad thing is timing isn’t always great. Bake for 20ish minutes (until muffins are golden). For additional information please see our full disclaimer and privacy information and terms of service. You can also chop it up very finely, or use a bud grinder. Naughty Nutrition is...90% nutrition + 10% chocolate + 0% BS, We love all essential oils and diffuse them on a regular basis, but the one that stands out the most when we feel anxiety and stress is lavender! Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world,