:) Question for you: Unless I’m missing it, which is very possible, I didn’t see where the flax egg gets incorporated into the batter. 4. Thank you! Bake for about 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. I love to eat these super tender, satisfying and irresistible simple vegan chocolate chip muffins with homemade almond milk, but there many other plant milks and beverages you can drink. Read More…. I’ve been enjoying mine at breakfast with coffee and in the afternoon with tea. Super easy 8-ingredient vegan chocolate chip muffins, moist, rich and packed with chocolate chunks. What I did taste, did taste yummy! I’ve been searching for a vegan chocolate chip muffin that include cocoa powder for month with no luck. *Weigh your flour for the most accurate/best results. thanks. This is why I chose coconut oil rather than another oil, as coconut oil is pretty thick. I submitted the berries for cubed banana. Freeze for long-term storage. Then check every 5-10 minutes there after until golden brown and it looks pretty firm in the middle. I have made them twice in a week. You can definitely also use regular vegan chocolate chips if you prefer. Hi Queenie! Stir it in until combined, but be careful not to overmix. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line muffin tin with paper liners. Starting a new way of life and health is like beginning a journey, so it's helpful to have a map. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. My sister and I just stumbled upon your website and we’re obsessed!! Yeah, seriously! Delicious! These look AWESOME! Hi how about storing the muffins ? If possible, use your gluten free blend of choice (though I wouldn’t bob’s red mill’s blend as it’s heavy on garbanzo bean flour). Hi, my Son is allergic to almonds…what are your thoughts about substituting regular milk in this recipe? Here you’ll find nutritious and delicious vegan recipes that will help you stay healthy and happy. I added 1/4 rolled oats and they still came out great. Sign up for our email list and you’ll get an awesome 10-recipe ebook containing delicious vegan dinner recipes and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes just as soon as they’re posted to the blog! hey i want to make these tomorrow and i was wondering if i could substitute earth balance butter for the canola oil and i dont have flax seed egg.. is there a substitute i could use? I hate to say it but who the hell hates a moist muffin? Also the muffin liner does not come off immediately if you don’t lightly grease it with non-stick cooking spray. I love making delicious vegan food and creating delicious vegan versions of all your old favorite dishes, so you can have your vegan cake and eat it too! You’re so welcome So glad you enjoyed them! Also, we didn’t have enough vegan chocolate chips so did a kind of trail mix thing adding walnuts and raisins to the mix. Thank You! You cannot go wrong with pumpkin and chocolate, and the recipe keeping the muffins moist is a plus. The mini muffins will NOT come out of the paper sadly. on day two they peeled out no problem, not a crumb left on the paper. My little guy is allergic to coconut, so I used vegan margarine instead of the coconut oil. She combines her personal journey with her new passion to create a compelling story that is sure to captivate any audience.”-The Joe R. Utley Heart Resource Center of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, SC, Copyright © 2020 • Privacy Policy • Legal Disclaimer • Contact | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, King Arthur Flour Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour, Keliwa 12 Cup Silicone Muffin - Cupcake Baking Pan / Non - Stick Silicone Mold / Oven - Microwave - Dishwasher Safe Safe, A Physician's Perspective on COVID-19, Inflammation, & Nutrition. oh my goodness! 6. Perfectly light and fluffy. I can easily say kid approved! :). You will not be subscribed to our newsletter list. Our favorite is Libby’s. ★☆ Thanks for such an easy recipe! I think the perfect consistency. Let me know if you give it a try, Tanya. When the toothpick comes out clean, they are ready. Just wanted to share something I learned from another muffin recipe. Comment Policy: Your feedback is really appreciated! Also used cacao nibs and pecans instead of choc chips. The batter turned into gelatinous mess, it was hard to incorporate the chips in. Stir it in so it curdles. Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins (should be 11-12 as original recipe is written) until each liner is filled almost completely full (about 7/8ths). I don’t know how a moist muffin could be a bad thing! Pumpkin and chocolate, fabulous! I actually shared a few pictures of how mine turned out on my blog if any of y’all care to see! Overnight rest and they’ll peel right off! When you say to cover them do you mean with a dish towel or something! I love having enough room to combine the dry and wet ingredients with plenty of stirring room. Gorgeous pictures Dana! Stir in the milk, … The flax egg is made in the large mixing bowl and then the other ingredients are added to it. I love this website, is my source to do everything in my vegan life. Thanks for there recipe and step by step easy instructions :). Pumpkin and chocolate is always a delicious combination for this season! Hi! Thanks! So glad I found your blog! They’re really very good, and they freeze well for reheating in the morning. So glad you found us! I see you mix the flaxseed meal with water, would it look somewhat like chia water by any chance? Super moist, definitely a keeper. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin tray (unless you used muffin liners, then you can take them out right away). How did it turn out? Holy molly these are soooooooo good! Overmix the batter? Oops! Don’t skimp on the large bowl size. Hope that helps! Used rice bran syrup instead of brown sugar. They loved the perfectly sweet and chocolatey flavor and felt inspired that these vegan muffins are much lower in fat than traditional chocolate chip muffins. So great! Thanks so much for sharing Satin! I cooked them for 30 minutes, mine did not come out golden brown as in the picture but they were still beautiful, moist and delicious. Have you tried these by mixing the flax in with the dry ingredients instead of making a true “flax egg”? Hope that helps! I also love all the comments. Your pictures are absolutely stunning! I’ve never made a recipe on this site that I didn’t love until these. So good! You’re so welcome I’m so glad you enjoyed them! And we especially love this pumpkin season. These are the best pumpkin muffins I’ve ever made. I have plain canned pumpkin and organic pumpkin pie mix in the cubbard. This is so helpful for people making variations. I will say, however, if you prefer a more crumbly muffin, simply add in a touch more flour and/or a handful of oats to absorb more of the moisture from the almond milk and pumpkin. I think I’m pretty much incapable of making a muffin that doesn’t involve chocolate chips – these are so getting made. Also, they were alsmot over cooked at 22 minutes, even though I checked the remperature of my oven with a thermometer. I think muffins look better without the liners and it’s a cheaper and more environmentally friendly alternative. but then give away the rest because no one can eat as much dessert as I make! These kids were going back for seconds and thirds. The muffins come out a bit lighter and higher. No go! Do you think there’s any way I could make them gluten free? Well, I mean they totally are! Recommendations to make these gluten free? Love it! Pour the well-blended wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well. Tag @minimalistbaker on Instagram and hashtag it #minimalistbaker so we can see all the deliciousness! Hi Jensen, thanks for the feedback! 5. Delicious and adorable! Thanks! Your feedback is really appreciated! I ran out of all-purpose flour, so I subbed some oat flour and used that with the whole wheat as instructed. Baking by weight is always so much more accurate. Normally I love your recipes but this one was super dense and lacked flavor. We’d love to see it, Ali. I used apple cider vinegar to make the buttermilk instead of lemon juice. Same results as some of the other reviewers. I ended up using all purpose flour, canola oil, soy milk and white vinegar. That’s what you can expect from these little guys. You’re very welcome Jamie. Just check at the 30 minute mark to test doneness. They taste like heaven and they’re egg, dairy and cholesterol free, so are much healthier than regular muffins. We ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE!!! Thanks so much! Pinned! Add the banana and almond milk mixture, the rest of the ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) and whisk. My kids loved them too, especially my 9 year old who loves pumpkin and my 1 year old who cried when his was gone. These muffins were amazing but I had the same issue! I always come back to this recipe when I need something easy and unfailingly delicious. Thanks <3, I just started on a vegan diet and came across this recipe today and thought, “Why the hell not.” I made the first batch, and while it was pretty tasty, I felt there needed to be more.