She hadn't had a chance to soak it in water -- but the results were wonderful, none the less. This particular technique offers a lot of "bang for the buck" for weavers. Eventually, the liquid evaporates and the remaining solids will be added to my little bottle of powered indigo from last year! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. The major difference appears to be the concentration of indigotin in the plant material. Ripped and added the Woad leaves and once the leaves were all added and stirred together, turned off the heat. For example, if you decide you're going to thread at an interval of 4, for an extended, I call this a "Puzzle Scarf" because the two layers intertwine in a puzzling way. The best source I've found for woad is in England: www.woad.uk.org, How do you weave a countless number of structures on one warp? 1. Secretaría d Educacion Pública: https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Indigo_(Farbe)&oldid=200451027, „Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike“, Der gesättigteste Farbton ist Spektralindigo, wie es am. As nouns the difference between woad and indigo is that woad is the plant (taxlink) while indigo is a purplish-blue colour. Conclusion, from our brief and less-than-scientific experiment: All else being equal, indigo does, truly, provide deeper blues. I want to get a hold of some woad dye to apply to cotton and linen, or better yet threads of these materials dyed with woad, but the only safe option available so far to the public is a woad dying kit with instructions for dying wool. Posted in Dye Plants, natural dyes | Tagged gardening, indigo extraction, natural dyes, woad, woad plants | Leave a Comment. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Woad grows well in my area, and I’ve just finished the first leaf harvest. Indigo wurde von Isaac Newton als eine der „sieben Farben“ im optischen Spektrum benannt, obwohl eigentlich ein Kontinuum vorliegt. Indigo ist der Farbton von Licht, dessen Emissionsmaximum zwischen 425 nm und 450 nm[1] liegt. And thanks especially to the folks who helped clean up. Eine wetterfeste Variante ist das Maya-Blau, in dem Indigo mit Palygorskit verbunden wird. Let the leaves soak for about 30 minutes (I checked after 20 minutes, and the water still looked very clear, so I left them for another 10 minutes). Farbmetriker umgehen dies oft, indem sie die Abgrenzung von Violett zu Blau auf 450 nm legen.[7]. (There are several qualifiers here: We were using chemical vats, not the fermentation vats of tradition, and students were using a variety of fibers. by Jenny Dean, the directions that Sarah Dalziel has included on her website http://www.woad.ca, and the directions that Teresinha Roberts has included on her website http://www.woad.org.uk/html/extraction.html. Der Farbname ist vom gleichnamigen Farbstoff abgeleitet. Cloth that is repeatedly boiled in an Indigo dye bath-solution (boiled and left to dry, boiled and left to dry, etc. Conversely, I can easily purchase online cotton and linen items dyed with indigo. What is an extended parallel threading? Once the sediment is all scraped off, it will be added to the gram or so that I got last year and as it’s way too little to make an indigo vat, I’ll try to use it as a pigment painted on a soya-milk prepared cloth for a Katazome project. [4] Da das menschliche Auge in diesem Spektralbereich vergleichsweise une… Once the solids start to settle, I’ll remove the clearer liquid from the top of the pot and top it up with a little fresh water – this seems to help the solids settle out. Nach Rosa Gallego, Juan Carlos Sanz: laut Artikel „añil“. Vom antiken Rom kam das Wort „indicum“ in den italienischen Dialekt und von dort in die europäischen Sprachen.[2]. 9. Die Sieben wählte er, da sie symbolisch der Anzahl der damals bekannten Planeten entsprach (darüber hinaus sieben Wochentage und Ähnliches). 7. I found that it took some time to cool that much liquid, so next time I’ll start with less water and add cold water to the pot to cool it instead of cooling the pot in the sink. Die farbmetrischen Koordinaten sind hexadezimal #00416A, RGB =(0, 65, 106), HSV = (203, 100, 42). In der Farbmetrik wird es hexadezimal als #4B0082, in RGB = (75, 0, 130), in HSV als (275, 100, 50) beschrieben. Woad yields a lighter color, with just a bit more aqua to it, but equally beautiful, if not more so, to my eye. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. My scale wasn’t large enough to weigh the leaves, but I’d say there are about 700 grams in this first cutting. I didn’t have enough glass jars to decant the liquid, so I’m letting the solution settle in the pot for a few days. But the scarf is simple to weave, requiring just 4 shafts. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Dieser wird aus der Indigopflanze gewonnen und zur Färbung von Bekleidung genutzt. If you're REALLY ambitious, you can change the tie-up and re-sley as well to achieve Double Weave or Shadow Weave. Collapse techniques -- more accurately in this project, fulling techniques -- add more to the puzzle of this scarf, because without shrinking, it would look like a piece of gauze. She dyed this with both woad and indigo, to achieve a varied effect. Das Indigo der HTML-Farbe ist ein Blauviolett oder Tiefindigo. Added about 4 tbsp of soda ash to raise the pH of the solution to 9 – 10. 5. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. I’m using the same process I used last year – extracting the indigo in a solution and then evaporating it until I’m left with indigo powder that I can use next winter in an indigo dye vat. Scooped out the leaves and squeezed them to save as much solution as possible. Many societies make use of the Indigofera plant for producing different shades of blue. 10. Der Farbstoff Indigo dagegen unterscheidet sich von den anderen Tönen. Thanks to all for a wonderful mess, er, class. [8] Nach Silber und der Cochenilleschildlaus zur Erzeugung von Rot war añil der drittwichtigste Exportartikel des historischen Mexikos. Indigo dye is an organic compound with a distinctive blue color. All you have to do is modify your treadling and, in some cases, change the tie-up. 6. Another wool skein was dyed in nearly identical conditions and the results prove to me that Woad can actually produce more indigo than Long Leaf Japanese Indigo. Licht mit diesem Farbreiz kann auch als Körperfarbe remittiert sein. My scale wasn't large… 2. The dyeing kitchen looked pristine when they finished! The surface foam did change from very light yellow through green and blue and back again to yellow during this time. Put 7 litres of water in the 10 litre dye pot and added 2 tsp of citric acid to change the pH of the water to 3. Indigo bezeichnet mehrere Farbtöne zwischen Blau und Violett und unterscheidet sich sowohl von der Spektralfarbe Violett als auch von der Mischfarbe Purpur. 8. Then, instead of threading a straight draw of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (just as an example), you thread your two colors using the same line, but separately, at a set interval. Woad grows well in my area, and I've just finished the first leaf harvest. Es entspricht einem tiefen Blauton zwischen der Grundfarbe Blau und der Mischfarbe Violett. Aufgrund der Eigenschaften kann das Webindigo des Bildschirms brillanter als Pigmentindigo sein. 4. The pre-reduced indigo is dried in the green reduced form along with some extra reducing agents. Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 29. And it seems woad does the same. The textile industry in southern … Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. The texture is achieved by fulling the yarn, so that the floats create woolen cords (I sometimes call them "d, The Warp that Keeps on Giving: Echo Weave, Turned Taquete, Double Weave, Shadow Weave, and Warp Rep All on One Threading. Here are my dye supplies. In den 1950er Jahren war Pigmentindigo die verbreitete Farbe in Pigmenten, Lacken und für Farbstifte. Photo: Mohair boucle brought by Eleanor Hartquist -- the skein on the left was dyed with woad, and the skein on the right was dyed with indigo. Photo: This was some wool roving that Judith Trolley brought along. Die farbmetrischen Koordinaten sind hexadezimal #00416A, RGB =(0, 65, 106), HSV = (203, 100, 42).[4]. Die in diesem Artikel angezeigten Farben sind nicht farbverbindlich und können auf verschiedenen Anzeigegeräten unterschiedlich erscheinen. The settling and evaporation were completed some time ago, and it looks like there’s about a gram or two of indigo sediment in the pyrex pie plate that was used as the last evaporation pan. Cut and washed as many Woad leaves as possible, while still leaving enough on the plants to keep them growing. Es entspricht einem tiefen Blauton zwischen der Grundfarbe Blau und der Mischfarbe Violett. Mai 2020 um 21:16 Uhr bearbeitet. As a verb woad is to plant or cultivate woad. ( Log Out /  Last Saturday at the Weaving and Fiber Arts Center, I taught a class on "Getting the Blues: Natural Dyeing with Indigo and Woad." (A being your first color and B being your second). Woad was eventually replaced by the more colourfast Indigofera tinctoria and, in the early 20th century, both woad and Indigofera tinctoria were replaced by synthetic blue dyes.