Well,I am going to try it with the syrup but will leave out some if it seems to be too runny. Yes! I just slice them into squares & serve like I would a snack cake or bar. *If you want have a thinner pudding, just add some almond milk into the food processer when its running. Does it matter if you use peaches with syrup or juice? with the can of pie filling. I like the canned whipped cream for lower calories but homemade is the best! All the ones I've made end up being about 1 1/2 inches in height maybe? 2 ripe avocados I would also not use walnuts, since I get an allergic reaction to them. You can do this with any pie filling you wish. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Reason I ask is that it seems like most angel food box mixes had milk in them and we have a milk sensitivity. I’m not sure abt the bundt pan, I’ve only made these cakes in 13 x 9 & I’ve made the pineapple version in a cupcake pan. Also spice cake mix with apple pie filling or yellow cake with peach pie filling. Frost when cooled. I have a crushed pineapple Angel Food cooling now, but can't wait to try apple and lemon pie fillings! I will never use cool whip again. In a 13x9 baking dish, lay half of the cake cubes in the bottom of the pan. I WILL DEFINATLY TRY THIS FOR THANKSGIVING….CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HE 2 INGREDIANT FOR THE LEMON RECIPE? Thanks again, (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I thought it was perfect for breakfast. But the afc mix I bought has 2 envelopes. Hi Texasrico! That's the fun part about cooking, you can change things up to suit your own tastes! Brown Sugar & Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin {Crock-Pot}, Pfizer Pediatric Products Review & Giveaway, Mix can of pie filling with dry cake mix. You can make this is a 9×13″ pan. Apple Angel Food Cake Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix can of pie filling with dry cake mix. Mmmm this would be delicious with strawberries! I made this last weekend. OR, if you don't want to risk it, you could make AFC cupcakes in a muffin pan if a tube pan isn't available. Pour in a greased/sprayed 9×13 baking dish. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sorry – forgot to add that for the last 20 mins of baking I covered the pans with aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 350. Still tasted good, but looked too flat. It sounds like you can try any filling for your own taste, all the results sound similar, you can almost taste what every person is making here, they’re all good ideas! (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Can't wait to try it with apple. Sounds Good! It was good-especially with vanilla frosting! Apple season was terrible where I live this year I believe it is a 21 ounce can. Ingredients: Thanks!! Glad you like it! Mix Angel Food Cake mix and 20 oz. Cool whip is nothing but plastic and chemicals. Spoon 3/4 of the cherry … I made a streusel topping that I added about 1/2 way through baking. I will be making this again….and again…..and again!! The other flavors didn't puff up as much as the apple. I honestly have no idea if this would work in a bundt. Carefully spread over pie filling; top with whipped topping. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Do you think the apples would be too heavy? I made it the other day and it is delicious. Now, if I could just find a chocolate recipe with no sugar, no carbs, no fat, but full flavor. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Contest-Winning Brown Sugar Angel Food Cake, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes, 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling, 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed. I tried it tonight with a yellow cake mix. Sounds so delicious to me! Keep adding until you get the consistancy you want. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In a bowl combine the dry cake mix. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/angel-food-cake-mix-with-pie-filling Directions. I tried this today but added about 1/4 cup of water. Enjoy! I made the cake, wasn’t done at 25 minutes, so baked it 10 more minutes , seemed done then, raised up to top of pan, took it out looked good. Going to try it next with blueberry pie filling. But I made it with 1/2 cup of water and used ready to spread vanilla frosting, while still warm, its very delicious! substute Stevia for the honey and WAlla Suger Free choc pudding. Anyone know if this can be made in a Angel Food pan? I have made all varieties of this cake. I, too, believe greasing the pan could be the problem with rising. Set aside to cool to room temperature, placing in the fridge or freezer if you want to speed up the … can of Comstock Cherries into one large mixing bowl. I also had to bake it for about 30-35min. My fav is lemon. I bake for about 25-30 minutes take out drizzle with caramel ice cream topping and pecans and serve with ice-cream. Do not grease the pans. That is the classic dump cake that I have been making for years, except in reverse order…pie filling on bottom, with cake mix sprinkled over it, and then the butter!