One of the first recipes I posted here on Kawaling Pinoy is a simple version of maja blanca made of coconut milk, cornstarch, sugar, and toasted coconut. Filed Under: Native Delicacies Tagged With: maja, ube, i have learn new recipes thank you very much. Cook in medium heat. Thank you! You've come to the right place! Anti-Spam Quiz: Which is colder, ice cream or coffee? Fill the baking pans with batter up to ⅔ full. Cut into squares to serve. Immediately transfer into baking casserole to set. Your email address will not be published. Bake low and slow at 300 F to 325 F. To keep the cake nice and moist, place a pan of hot water on the floor of the oven. Discard pandan leaves. Not only is it a festive addition to your holiday dessert menu, but also perfect for gift-giving. Lower heat and simmer. Welcome to Kawaling Pinoy where you'll find hundreds of delicious Filipino and Asian recipes. Set aside. The recipe is here. My name is Lalaine and welcome to Kawaling Pinoy where you’ll find Filipino and Asian-inspired recipes, cooking tips, and how-to videos. I'd love to see what you made! A dense yet moist cake laced with liquor, it's a great holiday treat perfect for dessert or gift-giving. Where do you get your glazed/candied fruit mix and glazed cherries? Required fields are marked *. Hello! Maja Blanca Espesyal. Continue to cook, whisking continuously, until mixture thickens to a very thick paste. Looking for more homemade baked goods? Tried this recipe? Dense yet moist and bursting with warm spices, it's a satisfying loaf that’s just the right kind of sweet! When mixture starts to glisten, maja is fully cooked. Allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours or until completely cooled and set. Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping. Make sure to browse around and pick a favorite dish or two. Adding the whole cup at one time will make the slurry hard to stir as the cornstarch will clump up to a hard dough. Id like to subscribe your everyday recipe, thank you. purple yam, peeled, boiled and mashed finely, A meatless and delicious dimsum snack that to you can…, This suman is a delicacy of the Visayas region particularly…, Try this tasty variation of orange chiffon cake. I do find them at major supermarkets in the U.S. like Walmart. If you like, you can add ½ teaspoon potassium sorbate to prolong shelf-life. Add flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and allspice. Discard pandan leaves. I brought along with me my camera, tripod, and laptop. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Hello! A Fruitcake is a type of fruit bread made with dried fruits, nuts, and spices. Happy cooking! There's a basic corn maja made simply with coconut milk and corn kernels, a special version with added evaporated milk and condensed milk for creaminess, a maja de ube with mashed purple yam, and this new addition, maja blanca … If unable to find pili nuts, substitute pecans or walnuts. Remove from oven, place on a wire rack and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. This cake…. To cook maja de ube; In a wok, mix all ingredients together thoroughly. I hope them all a try. Required fields are marked *. Instead of a plain maja, this variant has mashed ube in it which resembles a ube halaya because it contains a generous amount of ube (purple yam). Happy cooking! As the oil starts to separate and solids begin to form, regularly stir and scrape sides and bottom of the pan to prevent from burning. Happy baking! Allow the maja to cool before covering the dish as the escaping steam will create water puddles on top of the pudding. When mixture starts to glisten, maja is fully cooked. There's a basic corn maja made simply with coconut milk and corn kernels, a special version with added evaporated milk and condensed milk for creaminess, a maja de ube with mashed purple yam, and this new addition, maja blanca with jackfruit strips. Lightly grease sides and bottom of three 6 x 3 x 2 loaf pans with shortening and line with parchment paper or brown baking paper. Craving maja blanca? Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. This maja blanca was one of my earliest recipes on the blog, first posted in 2013. Although it's creamy and delicious and has satisfied my sweet cravings on many a night, I have to say it pales next to this maja blanca espesyal which has an added creaminess from condensed and evaporated milk. In a fine-mesh sieve, drain latik from the oil. It looks identical to the one I had growing up. Slice and serve when cool. I'll give it a try one of these days. You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter. special version with added evaporated milk and condensed milk, Baked Tahong with Sweet Chili-Mayo Topping. Copyright © 2020 Kawaling Pinoy Tasty Recipes. Soak the dried fruits and nuts in liquor overnight or up to two to three days to rehydrate and to keep them from drawing moisture from the cake batter. Continue to cook and stir until curds turn golden brown. Tried this recipe? Easy Holiday Fruitcake loaded with glazed fruit and nuts. Read More…, Get updates via email and a FREE eCookbook, ↑ BACK TO TOP | HOME | CONTACT | PRIVACY POLICY | Copyright © 2020 Kawaling Pinoy, LLC, sweetened jackfruit, drained well and chopped. Along with this holiday fruitcake, we also worked together on a list of baked goodies such as Spanish bread, ham and cheese bread buns, cheesy ensaymada, and ube pandesal. Carefully lift the fruitcakes from baking pans and let cool completely. Spoon the remaining half of the fruit and nut mixture over the batter. In a pan over medium heat, add coconut cream and bring to a boil. This post may contain affiliate links. This recipe I have here is a variant of the well known maja de blanca. Beat until well-blended. Ingredients For fruitcakes without alcohol, you can use fruit juices such as apple, grape, cranberry or orange.