For the orange curd, I used my ‘Lemon Curd Recipe’ and simply  replaced the lemon juice with orange juice. Chocolate Mousse and Jello Cake. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. This easy Layered Jello Mousse Cake Recipe is so simple to make, my young son can prepare it himself. Pour the prepared batter into the springform pan and bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the top is a rich, golden color. Your email address will not be published. Connect with me on social media! Love the candied fruit topping – so pretty! Add 3 cups of sugar instead of 2 for a sweeter cake.

Looks lovely and delicious perfect for any occasion. Yes, you can use real whipped cream. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I found it here,, ( well i did tried others too but none as divine as this one. To remove cake from pan, undo spring form and carefully peel back parchment paper. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly to sides and bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top.

You’re Awesome!!! Pour the jello over the back of a spoon and over the cake, just enough to cover the mandarin segments. Feel free to message me if you have questions along the way! Whisk on high speed until light and fluffy. That looks amazing,Sommer!

Plus, Layered Jello Mousse Cake Recipe is classically elegant and can be decorated anyway you like. Trim the messy edges and cut into 12 pieces. This summer dessert is one of the best ways to incorporate fresh fruit! I want to make this but I have a question: Instead of cool whip, could I whip up my own whip cream instead?

Jell-O Hell-O: 18 Worst And 10 Best Things To Ever Have Been Made With Jello, Layered Jello Mousse Cake | Dessert Recipes & Ideas, Lemon Oreo Jello Mousse Cake | NeighborFood, 75 Jell-O and Pudding Desserts - Something Swanky, http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com, http://www.suburbanmisfit.com/2012/04/03/the-versatile-blogger-award-better-late-than-never/. :(, Pingback: 75 Jell-O and Pudding Desserts - Something Swanky. I could never cut a perfect slice of mousse. This easy jello cake recipe is way too delicious to pass up! Many thanks Ricardo.

When you finish the flowers, prepare another batch of liquid clear gelatin.Add a few drops of clear gelatin to each flower hole to seal the color in and prevent it from leaking into the cake. Some cake ingredients will absorb the moisture from gelatin and become wet and soggy after some time. Do not copy or publish A Spicy Perspective content without prior consent. If you are using a soft container, you can try to apply pressure to one of the sides and allow air to reach the bottom. 9 oz semi-sweet chocolate , chopped (1 ½ cups, or can substitute chocolate chips) To assemble the cake, wash and dry the same springform pan, then line the sides with acetate; optional. If your container is firm, you can insert a flat spatula beside the inner container and let the air pass beside it. Ever. Layered with simple jello mousse and graham crackers, this treat is light, fluffy, and full of fruity essence. Once the cream is ready, the curd and mandarins are folded in gently and voila! I just made this but when I mixed the jello in the cream cheese is was so watery and when I folded the whipped cream in (instead of cool whip), the texture was not as in the picture!! All Rights Reserved. Made it for my kids they loved it and so did I. Learn how to make decadent cakes, elegant desserts and everyday treats with my YouTube tutorials! Let cool on a wire rack. Whisk in Jello. .

NOTES: The nutritional facts are calculated with full-fat cream cheese and cool whip. How to get a clean shiny finish? Slice the cake into three layers and use one layer for this recipe.. Place the spongecake in an unlined cake pan. Please visit our, Follow Ricardo's TV show on Radio-Canada.ca (available in French only), © 2020 Ricardo Media Inc. All rights reserved.

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour and baking powder.
Slowly stir the jello mixture while cooling, and when it starts to thicken, pour it over the cake.

In the microwave oven or in a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. If you want to prepare the cake center in advance, you can pour the mousse into a plastic container and freeze it. I stumbled upon this post when looking for lemon mousse cake that was gluten free to make for a friend who is new to the whole “gluten free deal” and needed a special treat. The only minor downside was it wouldn’t stay together well after I refrigerated it but the taste was amazing -me, my gf and her family loved it. Spread evenly with spatula. Sponge cake itself is not very flavorful or moist, so it’s a great option for this cake. We grownups are supposed to have matured past this brightly-colored jiggly treat, but I openly admit, I have not. If you can get your hands on some mandarin juice, use that instead! Spoon remaining mousse on top.

Refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze.

To make this cake as light and fluffy as possible, I went with a sponge cake base and center. Your never too sophisticated for a delicious treat. I googled and used a hot knife around the edges. In a separate larger bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 oz jello with 2 cups boiling water. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. The next procedure is almost the same: Mix gelatin into the cold water and let it sit for 3 minutes to set. Making this recipe? Creating this layer of gelatin will prevent the flowers from sliding into the corners and it will also even out the top edge of the cake and prevent it from deforming around the inserted circles. Just make sure it’s firmly whipped. Do you think I could freeze this? No doubt these are the first to disappear from the table :-) You have captured the goodness in the pictures. It might take some practice to get all the steps right but, as always, even the cake that doesn’t look perfect tastes great, so keep practicing until you are happy with your results. Place the mousse cake into the refrigerator and let it chill for at least an hour before adding the jello topping. I made this for my husband s birthday and it turned out great. This can cause the bottom edge of the cake to be wider than the top. If you don’t feel like doing layers, you can simply fill the whole center with one color of mousse or add a few scattered drops of color on the top and quickly stir the mousse around to create a funky color swirl. Prepare a 9 or 10-inch springform pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper; do not grease the sides. Meanwhile, in a small cup or bowl, combine the unflavored gelatin and water. Exciting news for those on a gluten free diet. I recommend soaking the sponge cake with a sweet Riesling or other sweet dessert wine. Fill it with water at the same height as the cake and measure how much water fits into it. What a lovely idea! Fold fruit in by hand. For fruit mousse: wash and dice fruit and set aside. To assemble cake: place 1 layer of the sponge cake on the bottom of the prepared spring form pan. This looks incredible! I just candied some blood oranges a couple of weeks ago; now that I LOVE!! All Rights Reserved. Some cake ingredients will absorb the moisture from gelatin and become wet and soggy after some time. When the middle container spins in place freely, remove most of the water from it and lift the container out of the cake carefully.

I give it 5 out of 5 , I’m so glad everyone enjoyed the cake! How to make chocolate mousse cake【#StayHome and cook #WithMe】なめらかチョコレートムースケーキ【簡単♪ゼラチンで作る天使の食感】 HiroMaru CooK TV Loading. I would like to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, on my link party at http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. One of the lightest, fluffiest and most delicious mousse cakes I’ve made to date! You need the cream to stay as fluffy as possible. Enjoyed this recipe? Learn how your comment data is processed. For the jello topping, I went with orange flavored gelatin, to give the cake even more flavor! Plastic may be easier to use as it is transparent and allows for small adjustments on the fly but it might take a bit longer to warm up when taking the cake out. Add the first sponge cake layer, then add half the mandarin mousse, followed by the second layer. In a large glass mixing bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Do not unmould. Be quick, mousse will thicken up fast. Dissolve the gelatin in a little bit of water and heat it in the microwave in 10 second intervals for about 1 minute, until it’s dissolved. Hi Tejaswini, we did not tested it, but we think that you could add 1/2 cup of Nutella at the end of step 6 with the chocolate. Absolutely lovely, Sommer. And so simple…just what’s needed to get through the busyness of Easter morning! It should ribbon off the whisk. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on notifications!