Step 1. The lobster was about 4 pounds and served with plenty of butter. Seriously good food. It did not come with the crema or corn chips because of the dietary restriction, but that was not a problem because the avocado and tuna were perfectly matched and made for a wonderful appetizer. Charleston, SC 29403 The French toast was great and SO flavorful. Was greeted by Billy who was over the top friendly to everyone who came and left. Grits were so good, and the flavor of the dish was excellent. Halls makes an effort to make the customers feel very welcome and feel at home. Halls would win out every time. Our server, Valerie, was super friendly and attentive and took excellent care of us all night. Literally the best steak I’ve ever eaten. BEST STEAK AND SERVICE EVER.Came here for dinner to celebrate our recent marriage and also 5 years of being together and had the most spectacular experience! I have been to Halls for dinner but I think brunch is my new favorite. It will NOT be easy on your wallet, but for a special occasion it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Did I mention it’s the best filet I’ve ever had? Episode 1601: Carla Hall. It was quite the educational experience. And all the staff had matching face masks on. The owner greeted us at the door and gave us free champagne and dessert for the celebration. Halls Chophouse: Shrimp n grits! I haven’t been to Oak yet, and I have a feeling I probably won’t go anytime soon, either. Always great, although sometimes the steaks aren't quite as hot as we prefer. Sauteed shrimp, peppers, onions, tasso ham gravy, pepper jack grits and spring onions. It comes with a pretty healthy price tag but it is worth it for the experience. In many cities that we visit, we like to go to the Steakhouse that's only in that city. Service is out of this world. The cheese grits are a variation of a recipe of a good friend, which are so scrumptious it will make you beg and howl for more! Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. The mac and cheese at Halls is good. The prime rib was top notch as well. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. It has lettuce and tomato and celery and black-eyed peas, peppers and bacon and a whole bunch of other stuff in a buttermilk dressing. It’s more creamy than cheesy, and I prefer my mac and cheese to be extra cheesy. Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Called for a reservation and got fit right in. I took one sip and then had to chug a gallon of water to be able to feel my lips again. Next, I didn't receive a free desssert or cocktail for celebrating a special occasion. We have always made the downtown location our "special" place, but this year we decided to try the location in Summerville. Want to chime in? You can get sauces on the side with your steak, like Gorgonzola sauce, or béarnaise, but trust me—you don’t need any sauce. Somehow Hall's in Charleston goes above both. Food and wine were moderately priced. We stopped in here for a drink at the bar and ended up having dinner and a really enjoyable evening. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/southern-shrimp-and-grits For dessert, we had Strawberry Cheesecake and were delightfully surprised yet again to discover that this was a gift to us for our marriage/anniversary. I don’t play around. Definitely recommend! Started with a bowl of the she crab soup! And trust me, it was worth every penny). Bring water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. If I could just go there for the corn so would because it was soooo good. The lobster Mac and cheese and the pepper jack corn was oh so good. We shared the fried green tomatoes, amazing!! It was the only restaurant in […], […] in Greenville. I ate my leftovers three days later they were even more delicious. Hall's is for everyone! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. more. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This a casserole-type shrimp and grits, which is how it is served at my favorite restaurant, where the shrimp and grits are served in an individual stoneware dish, topped with cheese, and baked until melted and crusty. I first learned about Halls Chophouse in my Seminar in Entrepreneurship class where they came to speak to us. For our entrées, I chose the filet. Overall it was a fantastic dinning experience and I am so happy we decided to eat here. Caesar salad is also delicious! We got spicy shrimp and tempura lobster as starters. So upon entering, it's exactly what I wanted. Then they offered us a complimentary dessert because it was our anniversary. If more restaurants had them, I’d eat salad way more often, and if they all tasted like Halls, I’d actually enjoy eating them. I saved $25 but probably spent 3 times that on the meal for the three of us. Our waiter's name was Eighty. Most importantly always, always absolutely outstanding service!