I’m wondering if I may have beat the eggs and sugar a little too long? Once the crust is done baking, remove from the oven and VERY slowly pour the key lime filling over the hot crust. Many thanks to Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk for sponsoring this post and for making this a delicious dessert! Enjoy! Thanks so much for the follow on Twitter – I’m a new follower here too! The secret to the delicious creamy filling is Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk — and I cannot even begin to describe how easy it is to make! I looked at recipes for key lime bars and most of them require sweetened condensed milk, which is cool but super sweet and with a graham cracker crust and a weird pudding texture (pass), I’ll take curd over pudding any day,  but wait up….limes are like lemons, right? Missed those posts…. absolutely beautiful! Line the bottom of a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. *The parchment paper will allow you to lift the bars out of the pan seamlessly. The curd … The recipe I turned to was this lemon lavender bar from Joy The Bakers latest cook book. Sounds amazing! Key Lime Pie BARS!!! Oh, the key lime bars I will make :) Brilliant recipe, darling. 2 Cups of all purpose flour Either way sounds delicious! Try to pour it as evenly as possible. Presidential example indeed. NEED TO! Bake for 18-20 minutes, until slightly browned on top. Congrats on Top 9 and buzzed you up some more :-). Using the parchment paper overhang, lift the bars out of the pan onto a cutting board. Add the flour, salt and mint. I just love the color. I’m salivating!! Sometimes, the flavor of the alcohol does have a way of disappearing though. Try serving it alongside a true mojito of the liquid version. YUM!! Butter a 9×13- inch baking pan and set aside. I thought about making cheesecake or pie, but I have a thing for bars and brownies probably even more than cookies….settle down, I’ll still be eating cookies! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Start on the filling while the crust is baking. Do it! The Key Lime Bars look delicious. Gerry, these lime bars look heavenly! Wait to make the whipped cream topping until just before serving. Thanks for the reminder of what a great dessert can be made with the key limes, Gerry! Your email address will not be published. Place the yellow cake mix and melted butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Your email address will not be published. Beautiful photography as usual :) Soooo many limes were used!!! Temptingly yummy. Bake the crust for exactly 10 minutes. lol. Just hold off on making the whipped cream until just before serving! And brilliant photos! In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the cold heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of coarse kosher salt. I have to say your lemon rosemary bars still have me dreaming. Lightly pat the dough evenly on the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan lined with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. That made me giggle. I will definitely give this lime variety a go. This ended up being a kick ass go to lime bar recipe which I highly recommend you to make. Thanks for sharing. I use clips to hold it in place and remove them before baking. Congrats on the Top 9. In my opinion, there’s nothing like a sweet and tangy key lime pie in the spring! Yummmm….drool..: ). 1/2 teaspoon of chopped fresh mint, For the lime filling GERRY! 1 1/2 Cups of sugar Beat on low speed until the mixture just comes together. Despite this though… they taste awesome! I wanted to call these Mojito bars and that’s what I set out to accomplish but sometimes things go a little awry in the world of baking, at least in my world. Powdered sugar and fresh mint for topping. Perfect in every way. Lots of limes were used in this experiment and they were all harmed…sorry. I love key limes, but have only had them in a pie…I know a certain someone in my house that would love these. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugars until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. You can make it in advance, which is always a HUGE win in my book! Gerry, these bars are stunning, and they look so delicious! What a cool story Steph, that’s a lot of pie but key lime pie is so creamy and awesome!! In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, freshly squeezed lime juice, and salt on medium speed for 4 minutes. Wow, these really look tasty. Learn how your comment data is processed. With spring & Easter just around the corner, these Key Lime Pie Bars need to be at the top of your to-do list! My inspiration for these puckery bars came from finding a bag of key limes in our fruit bowl (random) after returning from camp last week. Oh that looks phenomenal! We have a tree–I need to go pick some NOW! I’m guessing that those limes were more than happy to sacrifice themselves to be a part of these bars. Congrats w Top 9 :). For the crust 6 Tablespoons of flour I have had similar results on previous lemon/lime bars sometimes due to being a little over baked?? fab photos – the bars look great. If you need to even out the filling, use a small offset spatula to gently do so. These look amazing!!! Garnish with thinly sliced limes & freshly grated lime zest. 1/4 Cup of packed brown sugar Welcome to Foodness Gracious! How Kismet I find your blog when I’m randomly searching! It kind of seemed spongey on top. They look d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. Cool completely in the pan. maybe I should try using my talents for good & not evil once in a while…. Congrats on making Top 9! Buttery glee! Our goal was to have Key Lime Pie at every meal. Make the crust: In a food processor, combine the oats, … The key lime filling is so creamy and deliciously tart without being sour. Required fields are marked *. Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your Top 9, Gerry! Whatever these are, mojito bars or key lime bars, they look awesome. I promise your family & friends will be SUPER impressed, and this will be a recipe that you come back to time & time again. Once the crust is done baking, remove from the oven and VERY slowly pour the key lime … With all the freshness in it – it will be a huge hit! It gives the filling plenty of time to fully set. Congratulations on making the foodbuzz Top 9!