Within the Thai community here, very few use commercial brands without adding something to them to help add intensity and balance to the flavour, so I personally stayed away from Maeploy, which add just too much salt. The "balancing" of flavors is also what trips up a lot of Thai food in the USA. Entube Curry is made with no added sugars and preservative free. Another thing is the proportion of carbohydrate to curry that is typically served. The latter is my mom's favourite of dry-mixes, although she dislikes whole spices that need to be fished out of a dish. I did go to a Thai grocery yesterday but they do not carry it although they did have the Maesri. Kenneth T, if you are still following this topic, can you express an opinion on the heat level of the Nittaya pastes and how they compare to Mae Ploy? got the tip in the dinner thread. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. That pushed the limits a bit. :-). Maesri Thai Curry Paste [Amazon.com] Mae Ploy Green Curry Paste [Amazon.com] What do you think? We have ranked the best brands from Artificial Intelligent and Big Data, as you see below: TastePadThai, Mae Ploy, Unknown, Maesri, MIKE'S ORGANIC CURRY LOVE EST. Lao curries are barely hot, if at all, and their dips/chile pastes aren't that hot either.`, NB. Other ideas? ._1PeZajQI0Wm8P3B45yshR{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._1PeZajQI0Wm8P3B45yshR._3axV0unm-cpsxoKWYwKh2x{fill:#ea0027} ... Mae Ploy is MUCH better than Maesri for curry pastes. After evaluating and analyzing in detail more than 5,098 customer satisfaction about Best Curry Paste, we have come up with the top 10 products you may be interested in Best Curry Paste. After evaluating and analyzing in detail more than 5,098 customer satisfaction about Best Curry Paste, we have come up with the top 10 products you may be interested in Best Curry Paste. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Please note that our “AI Consumer Report” trademark is neither part of nor related to the “Consumer Reports” trademark belonging to Consumer Reports, Inc. with federal registration number 0672849, 2465186, 5064394, 5751644. ProductUpdates always strives to keep the latest information. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services. .ehsOqYO6dxn_Pf9Dzwu37{margin-top:0;overflow:visible}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu{height:24px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu{border-radius:2px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:focus,._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:hover{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10);outline:none}._38GxRFSqSC-Z2VLi5Xzkjy{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT{border-top:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);cursor:pointer;padding:8px 16px 8px 8px;text-transform:none}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT:hover{background-color:#0079d3;border:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-body)} No. +4 for Mae Ploy. Some are not quite hot enough so I cheat and add a little sambal badjak paste, either homemade (when I have been feeling ambitious) or a commercial brand - currently I have a jar of Kokita brand. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Thank you for the Patak suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me the answer to that. Thank you. Is the only difference the colour of chiles used? Or is there a difference in heat levels between them. DAIRY FREE. I just don't get vacuum sealing pungent shrimp paste in a bag with fresh herbs! I did this by adding 1 extra Thai chile to my food every day for several days when I was cooking lots of Thai food. Maesri does good chile pastes though (nam prik, in Thai). Excuse me? I don't think so. Check Latest Price. I once asked how the chef-owner would have her papaya salad, and was told 6X, so I ordered it. I occasionally cook with curry pastes and while I realize I could make my own, I don't want to, for various reasons. BTW, now after several trips to Thailand, all over the country (North, Central, South) I have to say that I don't think that Thai food in general is super hot.