Few characters could be more different, few characters could seem more real. Sean Penn amazes me. Here he creates a character who may seem like an odd bird to mainstream America and makes him completely identifiable. Denis O'Hare discussing Harvey Milk.jpg 685 × 1,109; 1.13 MB Dustin Lance Black.jpg 2,012 × 2,112; 301 KB James Franco 2 discussing Harvey Milk.jpg 1,894 × 2,339; 6.1 MB As this film seeks to demonstrate, all gay men owe a debt to Harvey Milk. Milk is a 2008 film about Harvey Milk, a politician and activist who became the first openly gay man elected to major public office in the United States. Screenplay by Dustin Lance Black. Directed by Gus Van Sant. The film depicts Milk's life and career after he moved to Frisco from New York in 1972 up until his assassination in 1978. Parents need to know that this intense, stirring drama examines the life of Harvey Milk, a civil- and gay-rights advocate who was assassinated in 1978. Milk is a 2008 film, that was directed by Gus Van Sant and stars Sean Penn, Emile Hirsch, James Franco, and Josh Brolin.. It explores prejudice against homosexuals and traces the beginnings of the gay rights movement. We then see Milk (Sean Penn) sitting at a kitchen table taping a message to the world to be released in the event of his murder, which is used as the film's narrative spine. While living in New York City, he turns 40. Mobile app Contact us Terms & Conditions Social media policy Service status Contact us Terms & Conditions Social media policy Service status Directed by Gus Van Sant. Combining archive footage, which almost makes this biopic a documentary, with acute attention to detail, this film's two hours completely captivated me. The film charts the last eight years of Harvey Milk’s life. A documentary film by Noemi Weis on the politics of birth and infant feeding around the world. He creates a character with infinite attention to detail, and from the heart out. Combining archive footage, which almost makes this biopic a documentary, with acute attention to detail, this film's two hours completely captivated me. The story of Harvey Milk and his struggles as an American gay activist who fought for gay rights and became California's first openly gay elected official. Using flashbacks from a statement recorded late in life and archival footage for atmosphere, this film traces Harvey Milk's career from his 40th birthday to his death. Official YouTube Channel for MILK. As this film seeks to demonstrate, all gay men owe a debt to Harvey Milk. The film depicts Milk's life and career after he moved to Frisco from New York in 1972 up until his assassination in 1978. Not long before seeing "Milk," I viewed his work in "Dead Man Walking" again. With Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Emile Hirsch, Diego Luna. The film offers an unflinching look at …