A She's innocent and young, from a family of means She's innocent and young from a family of means I've no choice but to follow that call. Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight I've no choice but to follow that call. Playlist. Lyrics.com. Oh you'll never see my shade The bright lights, the people, and the moon and all R J I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb Z U Test your MusicIQ here! I was trapped in this life Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet There's a moon over Bourbon Street tonight. Prior to starting his solo career, he was the principal songwriter, lead singer and bassist for the rock band The Police. I've the face of a sinner but the hands of a priest P I must love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love P X Moon Over Bourbon Street He's immortal and he has to kill people to live, but he's been left with his conscience intact. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/809366/Sting, Bring on the Night/When the World Is Running Down You Make the Best O, Bring On the Night/When the World is Running Down You Make the Best of, The Dream of the Blue Turtles/Demolition Man, The Dream of the Blue Turtles/Demolition Man [Live In Paris], One World (Not Three)/Love Is the Seventh Wave. H The song reached No. The title of the song references the historic French Quarter of New Orleans route of Bourbon Street. 44 on the UK singles chart. I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight. Now I can never show my face at noon #. Moon over bourbon street lyrics: There's a moon over Bourbon Street tonight I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight I've no choice but to follow that call The bright lights, the people, and the moon … © 2020 METROLYRICS, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. I've the face of a sinner but the hands of a priest in the pale moonlight Oh you'll never see my shade from a family of means I I Think you know music? 25 Nov. 2020. K I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb For I know what I do must be wrong. Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Sting | Discography | Moon Over Bourbon Street, 12''", "Wiki - Moon Over Bourbon Street — Sting", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Moon_over_Bourbon_Street&oldid=988511152, Articles lacking reliable references from February 2020, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles with unsourced statements from November 2020, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 13 November 2020, at 16:58. I've no choice but to follow that call Miz Lady from Oakland, Ca to Matthew: 'while the moon's over Bourbon Street." Sting has said that he composed the song in New Orleans and that it was inspired by Anne Rice's gothic noir novel Interview with the Vampire which is partially set in the French Quarter of the city. While there's a moon over bourbon street She walks everyday through the streets of New Orleans She's innocent and young from a family of means I have stood many times outside her window at night STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Y [citation needed]. S U ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); There's a moon over Bourbon Street tonight, I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight, The bright lights, the people, and the moon and all, Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet, It was many years ago that I became what I am, I was trapped in this life like an innocent lamb, And you'll only see me walking by the light of the moon, The brim of my hat hides the eye of a beast, I've the face of a sinner but the hands of a priest, She walks everyday through the streets of New Orleans, She's innocent and young from a family of means, I have stood many times outside her window at night, To struggle with my instinct in the pale moonlight, How could I be this way when I pray to God above, I must love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love. He's this wonderful, poignant soul who has to do evil, yet wants to stop. or hear the sound of my feet I have stood many times outside her window at night V There's a moon over Bourbon Street tonight I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight I've no choice but to follow that call The bright lights, the people, and the moon and all I pray everyday to be strong For I know what I do must be wrong Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet While there's a moon over Bourbon Street I've no choice but to follow that call more », Sheet Music  Sting plays double bass on this track. M How could I be this way when I pray to God above? N Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet The bright lights, the people, and the moon and all. F D B Sting himself has said of the composition..."That was inspired by a book by Anne Rice, called Interview with the Vampire, a beautiful book about this vampire which is a vampire by accident. W How could I be this way when I pray to God above? 44 on the UK singles chart. While there's a moon over Bourbon Street, She walks everyday through the streets of New Orleans I have stood many times outside her window at night FAVORITE C Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! The bright lights, the people, and the moon and all While there's a moon over Bourbon Street, It was many years ago To struggle with my instinct Copyright: Writer(s): Sting, Gordon Sumner, Sumner Gordon Matthew, 27 Best Ever Songs From Movie Soundtracks, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Rod Wave - POP SMOKE - "MOOD SWINGS" ft. Lil Tjay - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Shawn Mendes - "Wonder" - LYRICS, Songs That Will Make You Cry Uncontrollably. V There's a moon over bourbon street tonight I see faces as they pass beneath the pale lamplight I've no choice but to follow that call The bright lights the people and the moon and all I pray everyday to be strong For I know what I do must be wrong Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet While there's a moon over bourbon street It was many years ago that I became what I am I was … Lyrics to 'Moon Over Bourbon Street (2011 Remix)' by Sting. Sting Lyrics. W . For I know what I do must be wrong While there's a moon over Bourbon Street She walks everyday through the streets of New Orleans She's innocent and young from a family of means I have stood many times outside her window at night To struggle with my instinct in the pale moon light How could I be this way when I pray to God above I must love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love D   Please help this article by looking for better, more reliable sources. T (6 fans), Gordon Matthew Thomas SumnerCBE (born 2 October 1951), known by his stage name Sting, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, activist, actor and philanthropist. or hear the sound of my feet Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet I have stood many times outside her window at night The brim of my hat hides the eye of a beast L © 2020 METROLYRICS, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. G To struggle with my instinct in the pale moonlight How could I be this way when I pray to God above Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! While there's a moon over Bourbon Street T O ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I pray everyday to be strong. "Moon over Bourbon Street" is the fifth single from Sting's solo debut album The Dream of the Blue Turtles. While there's a moon over Bourbon Street Now I can never show my face at noon #, List of artists: And you'll only see me walking by the light of the moon Web. like an innocent lamb Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970, Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing) [Formerly Kip's CHR Mix] (Radio Version), Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing) [Formerly Kip's CHR Mix] {Radio Version}, Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing) [B. Recluse Mix Instrumental], Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing) - Radio Version (Formerly Kip's CHR Mix), Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing) [Radio Version - Formerly Kip's CHR Mix], Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing) [Radio Version] [Formerly Kip's CHR Mix].