I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who loves shrimp and wants something really easy to make. I also sauteed some mushrooms in fresh garlic and added them to the sauce along with two scallions and a diced tomato. Finish seasoning with salt, pepper and additional wine if necessary. The second try, I took it off the stove and added the cheese slowly - stirring constantly. 10 ounces dry spaghetti can also use linguine or fettuccine var s=document.createElement('script');s.async=true;s.onload=function(){};s.src='//f.convertkit.com/975113743e/139367bf1b.js'; I cheat and actually use a packaged creamy pesto sauce mix (Knorr...) but a TERRIFIC addition to this recipe is a can of diced Italian tomatoes. Finally, add the pasta and stir. pesto pasta, shrimp pasta, shrimp pesto pasta, (or equal parts garlic powder dried basil and dried oregano). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Easy and elegant. A minute before adding the parmesean cheese, I also added 1/2 cup of chopped red peppers, 1/2 cup chopped green peppers, 2 chopped green onions and 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms! While the pasta is boiling, I cook up my shrimp. My family loved this recipe! This pesto pasta recipe gets finished off with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, fresh tomatoes and herbs. I sauteed some sweet onion and red pepper before cooking the shrimp. Add shrimp and... Deglaze pan with remaining lemon juice. If I did- I'd be rating my own recipe, right? function loadFcSC975(){if(window.scrollY>88)loadFc975()}; After the shrimp are medium, add the onions and allow to cook until translucent, another 2 minutes. (pet peave I guess). Ingredients 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti 1 cup fresh basil leaves ¼ cup lemon juice 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 clove garlic, or to taste ½ teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 (8 ounce) package sugar snap peas ¾ pound peeled and deveined shrimp … Thank you for the GREAT receipe!!!!! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. The whole thing is ready in about 20 minutes, you can’t beat that! Follow Dinner at the Zoo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas! Throw the veggies in about three minutes before you add the parmesan (later than that, if you have already-tender veggies). Amount is based on available nutrient data. This recipe for shrimp pesto pasta is spaghetti tossed in a flavorful pesto sauce, then topped with sauteed shrimp and tomatoes. One thing I will point out is to be careful when adding the parmesan. Adds a more colorful presentation and at least you feel like your eating a little bit healthier (considering there is a 1/2 cup of butter and all that cream)! My neighbors were over and were VERY impressed. document.removeEventListener('scroll',loadFcSC975); So this time I omitted all of the butter used regular half and half instead of heavy cream cut the parmesan to 1/2 cup upped the pesto to 2/3 cup and added about 2 tablespoons of dried basil (I would have loved to use fresh basil but didn't have any:( - if using fresh you should use 1/3 cup). s.setAttribute('data-uid','975113743e-XX');document.head.appendChild(s) loadFc975(). Let it cook. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Made this tonight for dinner. There's less fat in the end, the linguini don't have to swim and there's no real need for butter. You can't get any better than that! Just stir them in with the shrimp and it combines with the pesto to make a beautiful sauce. It was delicious. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimp. I like to use spaghetti for my shrimp pesto pasta, but linguine or fettuccine would also be great. This sounds delicious and I’m going to try it tonight for a potluck I don’t have time to make something more complicated for. Add 1/4 cup pesto, stir, and then deglaze the pan with the white wine. Hope these tips help others! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. mmmm good! My pasta for this dish was strozzapreti, a long tubular pasta I discovered during a trip to Italy a year ago. Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or … This was absolutely wonderful!!!! Filed Under: Dinner, Everyday Meals, Featured Recipes, Pasta, Quick & Easy Dinners Tagged With: Italian food, Pesto, Shrimp, Spaghetti, Tomatoes. I used fresh basil instead of parsley and added a bit of lemon zest. If the sauce is thinnish, get a drinking glass, add 1/2 cup water and a tablespoon of corn starch (no fat! The refrigerated store bought pesto tends to be superior in flavor to the shelf stable type, so go for the fresh stuff whenever possible! Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. I plan to at least DOUBLE the recipe but do you have any suggestions as to how I can “pad” it more for 10+ people? } Serve over the hot linguine. Mine too. Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened. If you’ve been reading her for a while, you know I’m ALL about the easy dinner ideas. By the way: I changed absolutely NOTHING. It doesn’t get much simpler than this shrimp pesto pasta! Let it cook. Hey folks, the pasta must not be soupy! This is the second time I've made this recipe. So here’s my little secret: I don’t make my own pesto. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Directions In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Thank you. I used frozen cooked shrimp with tail off. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. OH MY GOSH I can NOT say enough about this recipe!! Yes, you can make your own pesto, but there are so many high quality store bought versions these days that I feel like it’s not always worth the extra time and effort. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I made this a little lower in fat by using lowfat margarine and half-and-half and it was awesome. inited975=!1; My family gobbled it all up, 2nds and 3rds for everyone. Next, add the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium. Combine all pesto ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor or blender. After the noodles are done, I simply toss the pasta with the shrimp, pesto, add some tomatoes and cheese, and dinner is served! Savory basil pesto is a natural pairing with juicy shrimp; serve with pasta or rice for an easy dinner idea. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your email address will not be published. I always have shrimp and pesto in my freezer anyways. mmmm good! - Use 1/3 cup parmesan I also used already cooked shrimp - the KEY to using these is to run them under water first to defrost them...THEN add then to sauce (wont make the sauce so thin) I put the whole thing over wheat pasta soo good! I’m definitely going to be turning to this shrimp pesto pasta when I need a speedy dinner. Still needs more basil in my opinion but I think using fresh as opposed to dried would do the trick!! Another awesome addition to this dish would be pine nuts, or even some sauteed zucchini! I defrosted them in the microwave and added them to the sauce. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I went with parsley because that’s what I had on hand, but you could also use basil or even just skip the herbs if you don’t happen to have them on hand. I’d add some more vegetables like zucchini or mushrooms! The first time I followed the recipe exactly and thought it was way too oily way too salty and didn't have NEARLY enough basil flavor...and don't even get me started on the almost 45 grams of fat per serving!! Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. For the pesto: In a food processor, puree the nuts, garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil until smooth. Whole family loved it! I've been living in Italy for the last 20 years and in a fantastic restaurant in Milan a superb version of this treat is made.... instead of drowning the poor linguine in heavy cream, use two good dollops of mascarpone.