The Rhino itself is built typical Rogue Monster-series quality, so its rock solid and looks/feels great. There are three type of belt squats that have come to market. I don't want to go down too much of a rabbit-trail with this point, but imagine being able to hook up to the Rhino's cable system to a rack attached lat pulldown or functional trainer? The Rhino Horn attaches to the two uprights that are used for freeing the weight trolley. Read More, The PerformaSleep Mattress is designed for the serious athlete with unique cooling and comfort features that make for a truly comfortable sleeping experience. When not in use, the trolley is stored on a 1" thick UHMW plastic hook, or “Rhino Horn.” A diamond-tread plate platform provides steady footing, adjustable handles offer overhand and neutral grip options, and a Spud Inc Belt Squat Belt (exclusive to Rogue) accommodates most heights and waist sizes. In our testing, it is not only easy to use, but extremely effective. Laser-cut a Rhino or something. Onnit Kettlebells Review: Are They Worth The Premium? You can use the dip belt to attach the weight. Rows, calf raises, marches, curls, etc that often require less weight. The Trolley Tower also features band pegs welded to the bottom for attaching bads to the trolley. The platform of the Monster Rhino Belt Squat is made from 0.125" thick diamond tread plate and is finished in our Signature Texture Black powdercoat to provide advanced durability and a non-slip surface. Yeah, it's expensive for a lot of home gym owners, but compare it to the other options and you'll see what a bargain it is. It's honestly not the "best" belt squat for squats, I prefer the SquatMax-MD, but if you plan to do anything other than squats, it's the obvious choice. The Lever Arm Handles work extremely well for this purpose, although I wonder why the handles use Rogue's rough powder-coat instead of the glossy that's featured on the rest of the machine. Cable-based systems require the most amount of parts and engineering to do properly. Well, we've yet to use some of the newer, more popular options like the Sorinex J*Squat, Wenning Belt Squat, and SquatMax MD, however, we are working to review all of them in comparison. This said, the Rogue Rhino absolutely blows the Titan Belt Squat out of the water. As we'll discuss in further depth in the review portion, the Rhino Belt Squat is engineered incredibly well. Although others will try to take credit, the reason for this is largely due to you, the garage gym owner. One, for the platform to be larger, making it more similar to the ATP. I don't think it's needed for most people or uses, but it would be cool to have the option. Speaking specifically to the Stand-Alone Version, I would like to see a couple of options. It's possible and it's coming. In the middle of the floor is a cut out for the cable to pass through, which is then flown through three pulley's to where it's attached to the weight trolley. This versatility allows the Rogue Rhino Belt Squat to not be used for the singular purpose of squatting with weight around your hips. I asked this question to a Rogue Rep as it's not on their site (which seems like an incredibly important spec for something of this nature) and I was informed, "The weight ratio on the Rhino is 1:1. Topics: Small detail, however. With all of these options cropping up, it was only a matter of time before Rogue Fitness stepped up to the plate to release a version quite different from all of the others. The weight of the unloaded trolley is 27lbs." The cutout features rollers on the sides and back of the cutout to prevent the cable from rubbing against bare metal and getting frayed. Leverage, like the Wenning Belt Squat, an option I'm going to refer to as true-weight, like the SquatMax MD, and cable-based, which is the category the Rogue Rhino Belt Squat falls in. Thankfully, Rogue provides two, 1" branded wrenches (that are definitely going to be displayed on the wall,) however, they are timely to use. Props to the engineers behind the project, I'm sure it was on the drawing board for some time. That said, it is possible to stack mats on the machine to increase your height and therefore decrease the lowest height of the spotter arms for greater depth on rack pulls/deadlifts. It's a unique design that works extremely well. Here's the biggest positive for cable-based belt squats: they are far and away the most versatile style of belt squat.